Thread: MS State Baseball Fan

vCash

MS State Baseball Fan

Just want to shoutout that your facebook page is really good.

If no Midweek is allowed, then we should play 4 SEC games per weekend in 15 SEC series. That's 60 games.

SEC teams that recruit professional prospects owe the young kids the game time, so they can develop. 36 innings per weekend would give quality innings to about 12 kids, versus the typical 8 to 10.

vCash
    Thanks! I put more info there than Twitter. Plus I have a group page mainly for recruiting.

vCash
    The NCAA allowed for bigger rosters yet some people want fewer games! That?s asinine. We need 56 games to allow for players especially the pitchers, to get enough playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    The NCAA allowed for bigger rosters yet some people want fewer games! That?s asinine. We need 56 games to allow for players especially the pitchers, to get enough playing time.
    Amen to that! Makes no sense to expand rosters and play fewer games. Great disservice to the players.

vCash
    Fall practice for Msu pitchers has been pretty good, I will say "it's only practice" but we have some talent.

vCash
    I have a bad feeling that a lot more small programs are going to be cutting baseball between now and January once they get a good glimpse at their budgets. We are prolly definitely going to see more regional teams as opposed to teams like Wright State and Quinnipiac coming south to play for a weekend

vCash
    I wonder if the SEC teams could schedule some MLB minor league teams in lieu of playing the smaller NCAA schools. I remember watching Jody Hurst and that crew murder the Jackson Mets like 12-3 in the late 80s.

Maybe there could be a formula for how well you do against semi pro teams for postseason seeding or something.

vCash
    I'd like to see 13 SEC series and 52 games (4x per weekend)

3 game series with ACC team in Starkville
    3 game series with ACC team on road
    2 in pearl (usm/OM)

This will be the most talented MSU staff in history. Lots of staffs across the country will be talented because of the expanded rosters. But our high end talent will be something else.

vCash
    We will have a lot of talent next year- especially on the mound. MacLeoud and Cerentola are legit and Bednar will probably be the Sunday guy. Landon Sims I think could take a big step forward next year too. Losing Foscue and Westburg will hurt the offense some. But we have some good proven veterans like Tanner Allen, Josh Hatcher, and Rowdey to build around. Logan Tanner, Luke Hancock, and Kamren James are going to be good players as well. Kellum Clark will probably start at third base and we'll see how Scotty Dubrule transitions to the SEC.

I don't know what is going to happen with midweek games. There is no reason why we couldn't play the Governor's Cup or USM next year. And the rumor is the tournament at the Rangers park is still on- at least for now. Really I don't see a reason why we couldn't have a typical season schedule wise other than the fact that some small schools could cut baseball to cut costs as someone mentioned above. There are plenty of good teams in the South that we could play though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    I'd like to see 13 SEC series and 52 games (4x per weekend)

3 game series with ACC team in Starkville
    3 game series with ACC team on road
    2 in pearl (usm/OM)

This will be the most talented MSU staff in history. Lots of staffs across the country will be talented because of the expanded rosters. But our high end talent will be something else.
    I could live with that, but if only SEC is allowed, then let’s play 4 per weekend and play everybody in the conference.

1- Friday, 2- Saturday, 1-Sunday

I don’t care for the ACC, so I would say the Big 12 would be more fun as a partner if we added two non-conference series. Or just let each school choose two weekends to play OCC. I say we go to Coral Gables and invite Texas, or vise versa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I could live with that, but if only SEC is allowed, then let?s play 4 per weekend and play everybody in the conference.

1- Friday, 2- Saturday, 1-Sunday

I don?t care for the ACC, so I would say the Big 12 would be more fun as a partner if we added two non-conference series. Or just let each school choose two weekends to play OCC. I say we go to Coral Gables and invite Texas, or vise versa

Yep

Our pitching staff can handle 4 SEC games for 13 consecutive weekends. Its actually something I'd like to see. With the expanded roster size, we are going to need developmental innings and situations. Why not make them against SEC opponents.
    Last edited by hp22; 10-09-2020 at 09:53 PM.