Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Does Kiffin End Up Next Year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Idk, he seems to fit OM's culture pretty well.
    Agreed. He's the most relaxed I've seen him in a long time. He can actually be himself and isn't scrutinized because of it. I think he stays until he wants another challenge.

vCash
    Lets slow down. He has won 1 game. My guess is that he can maybe win 2 or 3 more.

Most college teams don't have the income to buy anyone out right now. Teams aren't firing coaches that have multiple years left on their contract.

vCash
    Good thread shotgun. I think he's stuck for a couple years because of Covid. But for some reason people love him and think he's a good coach. He'll win just enough in Oxford for a Florida or California team to hire him away, where he'll get fired after 3-4 years for sucking again.

vCash
    Ole Miss

vCash
    there any chance y'alll could buy him out?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Agreed. He's the most relaxed I've seen him in a long time. He can actually be himself and isn't scrutinized because of it. I think he stays until he wants another challenge.
    Agree. If I were setting a line I would say the O/U is 3.5 years.

vCash
    He?ll be at Ole Miss next year. He?s got a 4-6 or 5-5 team this year and that?s not going to be enough for him to warrant serious interest from a bigger job just yet.

vCash
    He was as lucky to win that game last week as JOMO was to win the last egg bowl.

Give me a break about how good they are.

vCash
    I think the 2nd coming will have a lot to do with his time there.....

vCash
    Look at the back of Kiffin’s baseball card.. he is a 3 year max guy wherever he has been. OM won’t be any different. He could be there 2 more years or 2 more days..

With Urban I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans offer him.. if his “health” can handle another coaching gig..

Yeah I think the honeymoon is for sure over with Herman and Lincoln Riley .. the Red River Rivalry has a different feel this year...

we all know Gus has 9 lives , but he is stuck with Nix as QB there for the next 2-3 years.. would be fitting if a legacy player ends up being his nail in the coffin. Would also be interesting if Aub drops the hammer after the season if Arky would have the balls..

And Jimbo is Jimbo.. an over paid over hyped coach.. he really left FSU in a good situation..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 10-07-2020 at 09:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Look at the back of Kiffin’s baseball card.. he is a 3 year max guy wherever he has been. OM won’t be any different. He could be there 2 more years or 2 more days..

With Urban I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans offer him.. if his “health” can handle another coaching gig..

Yeah I think the honeymoon is for sure over with Herman and Lincoln Riley .. the Red River Rivalry has a different feel this year...

we all know Gus has 9 lives , but he is stuck with Nix as QB there for the next 2-3 years.. would be fitting if a legacy player ends up being his nail in the coffin. Would also be interesting if Aub drops the hammer after the season if Arky would have the balls..

And Jimbo is Jimbo.. an over paid over hyped coach.. he really left FSU in a good situation..
    Lincoln Riley will be interesting to watch. This is the first year that the program is primarily his players, and he doesn't have an All-World QB. I could see the wheels falling off if he isn't as good of a coach as Stoops' players made him look to be.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Lincoln Riley will be interesting to watch. This is the first year that the program is primarily his players, and he doesn't have an All-World QB. I could see the wheels falling off if he isn't as good of a coach as Stoops' players made him look to be.
    He'll be in the nfl soon imo.