Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steve Spurrier Talks About Air Raid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Is there a reason you haven't commented on the thread talking about how much better our defense has been compared to expectations, especially yours, so far this season?.........
    Because we have played 2 bad offenses and the season is marathon- not a sprint. We all thought the D would be good against the run- I said that if you will go back to my posts.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    In the last 10 NFL drafts, Cal has had 14 defensive players selected and Arkansas has had 12 defensive players drafted. Just because Arkansas wears an SEC patch on their uniforms does not mean they are more talented or faster than Cal.
    That's only talking best players. What separates the SEC is the speed of the guys on the whole D vs the whole D of Cal. Best player #7 on an SEC D is better than best player #7 on a Cal D. Get it?

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is the correct answer. People wondered if UPig would win a game this season- and they beat us at home. Kentucky's 3 man front will be better than theirs I assure you. We werent caught off guard or flat-footed- we knew they would do that. We were surprised we struggled to run the ball and had trouble beating the zone.

Outplayed/Outcoached. Wont be the last time.
    Of course it won?t be the last time we get outplayed and outcoached. We didn?t prepare well enough or execute the offense well enough.

Good coaches get outcoached all the time. Dan Mullen is our best coach ever, and he would get outcoached minimum 1-2 times per year.

vCash
    Because we have played 2 bad offenses and the season is marathon- not a sprint. We all thought the D would be good against the run- I said that if you will go back to my posts.
    LSU has 4 & 5 star talent all over the field. I'm well aware of what they lost from last year but they put more 4 and 5 star talent out there.

You predicted we'd be absolutely gosh awful on defense and would be one of the worst in the SEC and would get torched and finish close to last in the SEC.

We are currently the 19th ranked defense in terms of total defense giving up 350 ypg. Take out the 2 pick 6's from the scores & we've given up 20.5 PPG on defense, which would also rank 19th.

You can point out that you thought the run defense would be alright but fact is, you've been just absolutely terribly wrong so far about what the defense would be. Period.

Repeat after me-- "You were terribly wrong about the defense so far..... You were terribly wrong about the defense so far"
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    That's only talking best players. What separates the SEC is the speed of the guys on the whole D vs the whole D of Cal. Best player #7 on an SEC D is better than best player #7 on a Cal D. Get it?
    Arkansas has not been faster or more talented on defense than Cal has been the last five or so years. That is absurd. There?s no way you could argue that. Cal has routinely been a top half of the P5 defense, and Arkansas has been trash.

If the scheme can work against Cal, Oregon, and Stanford, it can absolutely work against Arkansas, Kentucky, and OM. Just have to give it time to get the execution there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Arkansas has not been faster or more talented on defense than Cal has been the last five or so years. That is absurd. There?s no way you could argue that. Cal has routinely been a top half of the P5 defense, and Arkansas has been trash.

If the scheme can work against Cal, Oregon, and Stanford, it can absolutely work against Arkansas, Kentucky, and OM. Just have to give it time to get the execution there.
    We will see, wont we?

vCash
    We will see, wont we?
    Yes, that we will.

Dan Mullen won an average of 7.7 games (counting bowls) per year while he was at State. I think Leach can match that.