Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Spurrier Talks About Air Raid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Put Shrader in and that 3/8 will dissolve. Of course they would be forced to change, but it would keep them messed up. Costello on 1st and 2nd down, Shrader on 3rd down. That would **** up any defense if you practiced it enough.
    And it wouldn't be a 3-8 anymore w GS in. They would stuff the box. Then what??? There is a reason GS isn't our qb w our current coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And it wouldn't be a 3-8 anymore w GS in. They would stuff the box. Then what??? There is a reason GS isn't our qb w our current coach.
    Pass to the guy wide-open for a first down. That's what.

vCash
    Put Shrader in and that 3/8 will dissolve. Of course they would be forced to change, but it would keep them messed up. Costello on 1st and 2nd down, Shrader on 3rd down. That would **** up any defense if you practiced it enough.
    What is this weird fascination with MSU fans wanting the QB to run?

I guess this is going to be Leach's version of "why don't we run QB sneaks under center?"

I don't understand our fans.

vCash
    Pass to the guy wide-open for a first down. That's what.
    Or we could just leave Costello in, hit the checkdown and get an easy first down.

vCash
    Costello just needs to calm down and hit the open folks like he did against LSU. I think he will. By the way, I'm in Louisiana and yesterday at work we're in an on-line meeting. A coworker, a big LSU fan texted me How did you like Arkansas? I texted back, just fine, how big of an embarrassment was the for Ya'll? He texted back, real big.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I guess this is going to be Leach's version of "why don't we run QB sneaks under center?"

maybe because a running QB carried us to #1 a while back ... I say anything to keep a defense off balance is a good thing
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You guys are off topic. Spurrier is saying Leach is going to have to develop a running attack to succeed in the SEC. Is Leach another Croom/Moorehead stubborn SOB or will he evolve like the goat, Bill Belichick.
    I'm on board with this train of thought as well ... face it, when a defense knows it's a short pass or draw play then it's just easier for them. I'm reminded of JoMo's first year when the entire stadium knew Fitz was going to run on 3rd down regardless of situation ... our one and only running play is very much like this situation
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

Come on man, you know some fan tinkering with players and scheme is always the answer. Besides, Shrader running those tough yards to get first downs last year didn't disappoint.

vCash

The fascination has just changed with the coaches. When Mullen was coach, you had people clamoring for wishbone packages along with the QB sneak. With Jackie it was the fascination with the back up QB - who was always going to be better.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    The apple cup is their rivalry game.

This is the equivalent of losing to Ole Miss 5 out of 6 times because their DC has your kryptonite. Would that be acceptable?

vCash
    Or we could just leave Costello in, hit the checkdown and get an easy first down.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRiverdawg View Post

This is the equivalent of losing to Ole Miss 5 out of 6 times because their DC has your kryptonite. Would that be acceptable?
    The talent disparity between washington and washington state is much different from the talent disparity between us and OM. That would be like us comparing ourselves with Bama.

vCash
    Arkansas was apparently talented enough

vCash
    [QUOTE=RedRiverdawg;1274573]Arkansas was apparently talented enough[/QUOTE

Yea they were. Just as we were talented enough to beat LSU the week before? Not sure what you were expecting? A national title run in year one of a new offense? Arkansas is about on par with us from a raw talent standpoint. Its not like they were recruiting in the 80s over the last four years.

Anyone in this conference can beat you when you don't execute and turn the ball over.

I doubt Arkansas beats us 6 out of the next 7 times like Washington did to Washington State. Hence the reason for my initial comment. Re comparing washington state/washington to OM/State is just dumb.
    Last edited by BB30; 10-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.

vCash

I would say it's more like Texas Tech losing to Texas 5 of 6 times, if we're talking about resources
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The Washinton huskies are now Alabama.

Should WSU be in a non power 5 conference? ( legit question)

Nobody said anything about a national championship. Anybody that does is a fantasy driven idiot.
    State hasn't been to Atlanta in 22 years, and even then they back doored it IIRC

I am saying he lost to his RIVAL every single time after the first meeting. Maybe rivalry games mean something different in the PAC 12.
    I am saying he runs a gimmick offense with a serious flaw and is unwilling to modify it. I mean the man can't burn clock because his offense only knows 1 speed.

vCash

Real simple, that is what MSU fans have seen give success for 40+ years going all the way back to Bond in 80s, to wishbone, to spread, to Fitz SEC leading rushing QB. MSU fans want success. I'm not saying we can't have success other ways but running the ball with RB and even QB is something we have proven to do successfully. Passing and winning will take time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The fascination has just changed with the coaches. When Mullen was coach, you had people clamoring for wishbone packages along with the QB sneak. With Jackie it was the fascination with the back up QB - who was always going to be better.
    And with Mullen, "we" hated Checkdown Charlie football... now it's the answer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mississippi State beat the Sh*& out of Mississippi State the other night. The traffic barrels in the way just happened to be wearing Arkansas jerseys

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ShotgunDawg again.

vCash
    The Washinton huskies are now Alabama.

Should WSU be in a non power 5 conference? ( legit question)

Nobody said anything about a national championship. Anybody that does is a fantasy driven idiot.
    State hasn't been to Atlanta in 22 years, and even then they back doored it IIRC

I am saying he lost to his RIVAL every single time after the first meeting. Maybe rivalry games mean something different in the PAC 12.
    I am saying he runs a gimmick offense with a serious flaw and is unwilling to modify it. I mean the man can't burn clock because his offense only knows 1 speed.

He isn't saying Washington is BAMA. He saying that the talent gap between wash and Washington State is more like us vs BAMA than us vs ole miss or Arkansas. We have pretty much the same talent as Arkansas or ole miss. Washington State never had talent even close to Washington.
    Also, if you've paid attention, it's been posted on here many times that Washington State has great time of possession. That theory that leach wears his defense out has been debunked already.