Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Steve Spurrier Talks About Air Raid

We're about to find out what means more to Leach:

1. Mike Leach succeeding in the SEC
    OR
    2. Mike Leach proving the PURE Air Raid will work in the SEC

To me, this question will define his tenure at MSU. The air raid with some nuances and occasional power added to it, can take MSU to Atlanta.

The pure Air Raid as Leach runs it, will likely require such exceptional execution, that we'll always be inconsistent.

I think we're on the right path and I like the direction we're headed, but these are real questions that will be answered over the next 5 years.

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If Stoops' goofy ass runs a 3/8 as well as Arkansas did we are in big trouble for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If Stoops' goofy ass runs a 3/8 as well as Arkansas did we are in big trouble for the foreseeable future.
    I'm guessing we're going to practice it this week. I expect us to be much much better Saturday.

Not sure if our WRs have seen a zone defense in their lives outside of prevent defense or a 3rd & 15 type situation
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm guessing we're going to practice it this week. I expect us to be much much better Saturday.

Not sure if our WRs have seen a zone defense in their lives outside of prevent defense or a 3rd & 15 type situation
    Of course there seen it.... y'all acting like it got I bet yes last week.... thinking that is about as crazy as thinking we are gonna out GS in to run a goal line package. Both are crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Put Shrader in and that 3/8 will dissolve. Of course they would be forced to change, but it would keep them messed up. Costello on 1st and 2nd down, Shrader on 3rd down. That would **** up any defense if you practiced it enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Put Shrader in and that 3/8 will dissolve. Of course they would be forced to change, but it would keep them messed up. Costello on 1st and 2nd down, Shrader on 3rd down. That would **** up any defense if you practiced it enough.
    And it wouldn't be a 3-8 anymore w GS in. They would stuff the box. Then what??? There is a reason GS isn't our qb w our current coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And it wouldn't be a 3-8 anymore w GS in. They would stuff the box. Then what??? There is a reason GS isn't our qb w our current coach.
    Pass to the guy wide-open for a first down. That's what.

vCash
    Pass to the guy wide-open for a first down. That's what.
    Or we could just leave Costello in, hit the checkdown and get an easy first down.

vCash
    What is this weird fascination with MSU fans wanting the QB to run?

I guess this is going to be Leach's version of "why don't we run QB sneaks under center?"

I don't understand our fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I guess this is going to be Leach's version of "why don't we run QB sneaks under center?"

maybe because a running QB carried us to #1 a while back ... I say anything to keep a defense off balance is a good thing
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

Come on man, you know some fan tinkering with players and scheme is always the answer. Besides, Shrader running those tough yards to get first downs last year didn't disappoint.

vCash

The fascination has just changed with the coaches. When Mullen was coach, you had people clamoring for wishbone packages along with the QB sneak. With Jackie it was the fascination with the back up QB - who was always going to be better.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    The fascination has just changed with the coaches. When Mullen was coach, you had people clamoring for wishbone packages along with the QB sneak. With Jackie it was the fascination with the back up QB - who was always going to be better.
    And with Mullen, "we" hated Checkdown Charlie football... now it's the answer.

vCash

Real simple, that is what MSU fans have seen give success for 40+ years going all the way back to Bond in 80s, to wishbone, to spread, to Fitz SEC leading rushing QB. MSU fans want success. I'm not saying we can't have success other ways but running the ball with RB and even QB is something we have proven to do successfully. Passing and winning will take time.

vCash

I don't have to have our QB run. When we have a 3rd down conversion to make if he chooses to throw it fine, but IF he decides to run it he better run it with the intention to get the first down with his best effort. If he is just going to slide, or fall down like on the last 3rd down, and come up short without giving it his all then just THROW the dang ball. Choosing to run and then giving it a half-assed effort is just not acceptable, at least not on 3rd or 4th down. That is the issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I don't have to have our QB run. When we have a 3rd down conversion to make if he chooses to throw it fine, but IF he decides to run it he better run it with the intention to get the first down with his best effort. If he is just going to slide, or fall down like on the last 3rd down, and come up short without giving it his all then just THROW the dang ball. Choosing to run and then giving it a half-assed effort is just not acceptable, at least not on 3rd or 4th down. That is the issue.
    Good point.

vCash

To be honest, for me and me only, it's way harder to defend a team that has a running qb. And I don't mean a guy who can run scrabbling. I mean an option threat. Have to defend all 11 Guys. With that said, that's not what leach does never has never will. I'll accept what he wants to do until he shows it won't work. He's a smart guy. Can he win a championship here? I don't know. Odds are against him and the guy who runs offense like I "prefer" too. But I'm not going to sit here and waste my time thinking he's going to change cause he's not. So I'm agreeing w your post...

vCash
    To be honest, for me and me only, it's way harder to defend a team that has a running qb. And I don't mean a guy who can run scrabbling. I mean an option threat. Have to defend all 11 Guys. With that said, that's not what leach does never has never will. I'll accept what he wants to do until he shows it won't work. He's a smart guy. Can he win a championship here? I don't know. Odds are against him and the guy who runs offense like I "prefer" too. But I'm not going to sit here and waste my time thinking he's going to change cause he's not. So I'm agreeing w your post...
    I'm not all that concerned with a championship. At this point if he wins 8-10 consistently and beats people he should like Dan while occasionally upsetting people like LSU this year like Jackie did and doesn't put an embarrassing product on the field like Joe did- I'll be more than good with that. If we happen to win a championship in the process- that's awesome. I'd honestly be happy with a Sugar Bowl win. If nothing else the attention MSU has gotten this year for football has been a really nice surprise to me. We could really take off nationally once Leach gets his program completely established.

vCash
    It's not like leach has never seen a 3-8 before.... not sure why people think ark and Washington were the first and only teams to try it...

vCash
    It's not like leach has never seen a 3-8 before.... not sure why people think ark and Washington were the first and only teams to try it...
    True