Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Spurrier Talks About Air Raid

vCash

Steve Spurrier Talks About Air Raid

We're about to find out what means more to Leach:

1. Mike Leach succeeding in the SEC
    OR
    2. Mike Leach proving the PURE Air Raid will work in the SEC

To me, this question will define his tenure at MSU. The air raid with some nuances and occasional power added to it, can take MSU to Atlanta.

The pure Air Raid as Leach runs it, will likely require such exceptional execution, that we'll always be inconsistent.

I think we're on the right path and I like the direction we're headed, but these are real questions that will be answered over the next 5 years.

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If Stoops' goofy ass runs a 3/8 as well as Arkansas did we are in big trouble for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If Stoops' goofy ass runs a 3/8 as well as Arkansas did we are in big trouble for the foreseeable future.
    I'm guessing we're going to practice it this week. I expect us to be much much better Saturday.

Not sure if our WRs have seen a zone defense in their lives outside of prevent defense or a 3rd & 15 type situation

vCash
    It's not like leach has never seen a 3-8 before.... not sure why people think ark and Washington were the first and only teams to try it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm guessing we're going to practice it this week. I expect us to be much much better Saturday.

Not sure if our WRs have seen a zone defense in their lives outside of prevent defense or a 3rd & 15 type situation
    Of course there seen it.... y'all acting like it got I bet yes last week.... thinking that is about as crazy as thinking we are gonna out GS in to run a goal line package. Both are crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's not like leach has never seen a 3-8 before.... not sure why people think ark and Washington were the first and only teams to try it...
    This! I watched a replay of wsu vs cal from 2014 last night. Cal rushed 3 dropped 8 all night. Connor Holliday threw for over 500 and they put up 59 points. Difference was the decision making by Holliday. He knew where the windows were in the zone and he exploited them. We'll see if KJ can learn it.

vCash
    Arkansas obviously outplayed us, and other teams might do so as well. But I do not understand why some people are acting like zone defense was just invented Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Arkansas obviously outplayed us, and other teams might do so as well. But I do not understand why some people are acting like zone defense was just invented Saturday.
    Right. I mean dang Leach has zone busters in his playbook but the plays have to be executed.

vCash
    Patriots have been running a similar 3-8 zone against Mahommes all night and it's slowed him down for the most part. He's not afraid to run for the first down though.

vCash
    True

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This! I watched a replay of wsu vs cal from 2014 last night. Cal rushed 3 dropped 8 all night. Connor Holliday threw for over 500 and they put up 59 points. Difference was the decision making by Holliday. He knew where the windows were in the zone and he exploited them. We'll see if KJ can learn it.
    This. The defense Arkansas ran is what Leach has played after most. Our QB had a terrible night and we lost Kylin

vCash
    Mississippi State beat the Sh*& out of Mississippi State the other night. The traffic barrels in the way just happened to be wearing Arkansas jerseys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mississippi State beat the Sh*& out of Mississippi State the other night. The traffic barrels in the way just happened to be wearing Arkansas jerseys
    Maybe the funniest thing you've ever said on here! Rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This. The defense Arkansas ran is what Leach has played after most. Our QB had a terrible night and we lost Kylin
    Losing Kylin hurt!

vCash
    Losing Kylin hurt!
    A weapon like Kylin in those red zone trips was greatly missed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Patriots have been running a similar 3-8 zone against Mahommes all night and it's slowed him down for the most part. He's not afraid to run for the first down though.
    Again, you think ne is the first team to zone them more?? No. They aren't....

vCash
    Heck- Leach even stated last week that he expected to see it.

vCash
    Right. I mean dang Leach has zone busters in his playbook but the plays have to be executed.
    This to me is a big difference between Moorhead and Leach. With Leach- the opportunities are clearly there. We can see where there are WR's or backs wide open. Like you said- it's a matter of the QB throwing the ball to the right person.

I may be mistaken- but it seemed like against LSU things really kicked into gear for us when Costello threw the ball to Kylin and he took it to the house.

vCash
    You guys are off topic. Spurrier is saying Leach is going to have to develop a running attack to succeed in the SEC. Is Leach another Croom/Moorehead stubborn SOB or will he evolve like the goat, Bill Belichick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Put Shrader in and that 3/8 will dissolve. Of course they would be forced to change, but it would keep them messed up. Costello on 1st and 2nd down, Shrader on 3rd down. That would **** up any defense if you practiced it enough.