Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payton and Williams...

vCash

Payton and Williams...

Where were they last night? Payton got 2 catches for 23 which included the broken play TD but Williams got nada all night. Was there just a concerted effort to rotate more WRs? Did Williams get hurt? Was costly not having him field that final punt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Where were they last night? Payton got 2 catches for 23 which included the broken play TD but Williams got nada all night. Was there just a concerted effort to rotate more WRs? Did Williams get hurt? Was costly not having him field that final punt.
    Good question especially on Williams. Payton is our best WR. He is a stud. Williams is most surehanded.

Heath hasn't showed me anything yet. Shavers is good. Nothing for Spivey yet. CML needs to use the TE some, could be a real weapon.

vCash
    This staff seems to put a lot of emphasis on practice on a weekly basis. The guys who show out in practice that week are going to play.

vCash
    According to someone on the field, Williams had a hamstring issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Explains why he wasn't on PR

vCash
    What happened to Tulu? I know he has game changing speed but we haven't seen him yet.

Cumbest is a big physical target that can move the chains and maybe break a tackle. No?

I thought Spivey would be a down field target this season.

Does KJ have a disability that prevents his head from rotating port side?

That speedster, Lee Witherspoon, hurt?

Caleb Ducking, how's he coming along?

Is King Ani getting back up to playing shape?

Eta I was thinking maybe these big and tall receivers could help us with these zone defenses. They are bigger and should be physical enough to go get the ball and win those one on one battles.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 10-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    He was in at the end of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What happened to Tulu? I know he has game changing speed but we haven't seen him yet.

Cumbest is a big physical target that can move the chains and maybe break a tackle. No?

I thought Spivey would be a down field target this season.

Does KJ have a disability that prevents his head from rotating port side?

That speedster, Lee Witherspoon, hurt?

Caleb Ducking, how's he coming along?

Is King Ani getting back up to playing shape?

Eta I was thinking maybe these big and tall receivers could help us with these zone defenses. They are bigger and should be physical enough to go get the ball and win those one on one battles.
    Ducking is not eligible.
    King ani is not in the rotation probably never will be. He's not very good. Same thing w love just as I said last year.

vCash
    I think the answer to the original post is both play slot receiver and we did a poor job targeting them.

vCash
    I wasn't there but I didn't see Williams play many offensive snaps at all. Don't know what this issue was.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    When they are dropping 8 into coverage we aren’t going to have anyone show out at wide receiver. We have to have tailbacks make plays to get them out of that coverage. The quarterback making awful decisions and our tailbacks are the reason the receivers had nothing open. The OL needs to run block better but Kylin would have made way more out of the opportunities than the other 2 did. Once we start bashing teams in that look the receivers will once again look like they did against LSU. It is a numbers game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This staff seems to put a lot of emphasis on practice on a weekly basis. The guys who show out in practice that week are going to play.
    Mullen was the same.

It keeps things competitive and ensures guys play hard.

Although it does suck sometimes, it's the right way to go after seeing the opposite in the Jomo tenure
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ducking is not eligible.
    King ani is not in the rotation probably never will be. He's not very good. Same thing w love just as I said last year.
    How is Ducking not eligible?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    How is Ducking not eligible?
    Academic stuff from JUCO I believe. Might be a similar situation that Chauncey Rivers had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mullen was the same.

It keeps things competitive and ensures guys play hard.

Although it does suck sometimes, it's the right way to go after seeing the opposite in the Jomo tenure
    The difference is Leach actually plays guys that really play well in practice instead of just saying the juniors and seniors all played well.

vCash
    KJ seemed to stare down his receivers this game
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Ducking is not eligible.
    Ani was like a 3/4 star; so is he a bust? The rating system is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ani was like a 3/4 star; so is he a bust? The rating system is a joke.
    I think he was probably a pretty good prospect pre-injury, but he's had several surgeries and I don't think he's ever really recovered.

vCash
    Ducking is not eligible.
    It appears to me that what I've seen so far, most of our DB's aren't very good either, and we have only 2 relatively good OL-Cross and Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    It appears to me that what I've seen so far, most of our DB's aren't very good either, and we have only 2 relatively good OL-Cross and Parker.
    Greg Eiland is a 3 year starter so he must be pretty good? That is beating out a lot of guys in 3 years.