Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky -3

vCash

Kentucky -3

Lose this one, and we staring at 1-4

vCash
    Anyone that bets that line is a fool. There's no telling what happens next Saturday. You couldn't pay me to offer at that line. We could win by 20 because Leach adjusts and Kentucky is unprepared or we could struggle again and it be a close game that goes either way.

vCash
    Well Ill say 2 things:

1) our D has been solid and the weakness (secondary) isn't something Kentucky can exploit well. I think they'll struggle to put up points.

2) Kentucky's secondary is trash. I know in zone that doesn't matter so much, but it's still something

vCash
    Heck if we just eliminate the turnovers we should be just fine. Can we? Guess we'll find out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Heck if we just eliminate the turnovers we should be just fine. Can we? Guess we'll find out.
    Take away the TO and we are 2-0. One thing I've learned all these years being a Dawg. I wouldn't bet anything on them. Nothing is safe, either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Take away the TO and we are 2-0. One thing I've learned all these years being a Dawg. I wouldn't bet anything on them. Nothing is safe, either way.
    Yep i learned that years ago too!

vCash
    I think we get better this week and play better Saturday.

Our players have seen exactly what they're up against now and will learn and improve.

We're on the right path. Just have to continuously progress.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    I was there yesterday and for whatever reason, the game atmosphere felt like a spring scrimmage with the 25% capacity. Energy was fine for the amount of people, but it just seemed like the players took longer to get amped up. The away team always has some internal motivation, while the home team relies on the crowd some. Might explain what happened last week in BR too. Our guys went in with something to prove and subconsciously knew going in, they could not depend on the crowd for energy.

The mind is habitual, and the abnormality of everything going on, throws off the mental norms. Especially the first time something happens during all of this. I may be completely off on this, but the energy just wasn?t there. Hopefully they increase the capacity limits soon.

I understand homes teams have played well so far. Yesterday just felt like being in some weird movie where nothing made sense. From no people even around the stadium a few hours before kickoff to not seeing a single tailgate tent. Felt like a dream where everything does not make sense but you know it should be making sense and can?t figure out why it isn?t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I was there yesterday and for whatever reason, the game atmosphere felt like a spring scrimmage with the 25% capacity. Energy was fine for the amount of people, but it just seemed like the players took longer to get amped up. The away team always has some internal motivation, while the home team relies on the crowd some. Might explain what happened last week in BR too. Our guys went in with something to prove and subconsciously knew going in, they could not depend on the crowd for energy.

The mind is habitual, and the abnormality of everything going on, throws off the mental norms. Especially the first time something happens during all of this. I may be completely off on this, but the energy just wasn?t there. Hopefully they increase the capacity limits soon.

I understand homes teams have played well so far. Yesterday just felt like being in some weird movie where nothing made sense. From no people even around the stadium a few hours before kickoff to not seeing a single tailgate tent. Felt like a dream where everything does not make sense but you know it should be making sense and can?t figure out why it isn?t.
    Good point. Good to see you back posting.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Good point. Good to see you back posting.
    Ha thanks. Have had a lot going on. Oil industry struggling right now, and trying to do more with less. Been an interesting 6-7 months.

vCash
    Ha thanks. Have had a lot going on. Oil industry struggling right now, and trying to do more with less. Been an interesting 6-7 months.
    Amen to that. Was getting worried about you.

vCash
    I think the team will do better this weekend. They were feeling invincible to some degree after beating the national champions and were brought back down to earth by Arkansas. It's up to Leach to straighten the team out, and up to KJ to straighten himself out.

vCash

Agree. Was there too and had same thoughts

vCash

Good post.

A ton of homes have been losing and no doubt this is part of the issue
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We also have a lot of things we can work on. After LSU we didn't have as much. We also have an idea of how to improve when they give us a zone defense which I imagine we will see a lot of in the next few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    We also have a lot of things we can work on. After LSU we didn't have as much. We also have an idea of how to improve when they give us a zone defense which I imagine we will see a lot of in the next few years.
    Yep. This week of practice should be intense. From Leach on down. A lot of work on hitting a zone defense.

vCash
    I don?t think gamblers should ever bet on Leach in either direction. I could see us beating Bama and losing to Missouri at this rate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I am sitting in upper deck and you don't know how tight coverage is until you watch that air raid high enough to see it developed.

vCash
    I would not touch this game. Really have no clue what to expect. Kentucky has not looked good but they do have a strong running game. We are a total wildcard on both sides of the ball right now.

I do think we have a great chance to win, but I would not bet money on it. I think it's going to be a close game but I could also see it being a blowout in either direction.

vCash
    I see a close game in either direction.

I think our run defense has shown it's good enough to slow down UK. As long as we don't turn the ball over like we've been doing, I like our chances, but if KJ comes out and throws 2-3 INTs and another pick-6, we'll see a similar result as this past Saturday. Can't turn the ball over.