Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You want the facts?!??

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

You want the facts?!??

The facts are we beat them in every single aspect of the game except 1) the scoreboard(which is what counts) and 2)Turnovers. That?s why we lost the game plain and simple. We outplayed them in every way except turnovers. You can score against a drop 8 zone in Leaches offense and he has done is on multiple occasions. Your QB has to be disciplined enough to take what he is given. He was given the underneath routes over and over. You can see it on the film. But he refused to take it. It?s on KJ. Not Leach. We will be fine.
    Romans 5:8

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh... and one other thing... had Kylin not have gotten hurt and gotten the 17 carries Johnson and Marks did then we would have won as well.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Oh... and one other thing... had Kylin not have gotten hurt and gotten the 17 carries Johnson and Marks did then we would have won as well.
    PREACH PREACH PREACH PREACH!!!!

vCash
    Two turnovers on downs within the red zone and a muffed punt.

While the defense played well, we missed a lot of tackles and had two crippling blown coverages that allowed them to be wide open for TDs.

We should have won the game, no doubt. At the same time, I'd take what we have now and how we approach the game over what we've seen over the last couple seasons

vCash
    As always in sports it comes down to execution. And we didn't execute. The plays were there to be made. We had guys open and kJ made some poor throws or got impatient and didn't take what was there.We were inside their 30 4 times and came away with zero points,. KJ has to play better. There are tons of teams in college and nfl running air raid and have been for years. If it was as simple as dropping 8 and rushing 3 everyone would be stopping it and no one would be using it. It's strictly a matter of execution, kJ sucked last night if he doesn't play better yeah we will struggle but I believe he'll play better going forward. Remember no spring practice and not a whole lot of fall practice so everyone's still learning. Show a little patience.

vCash
    CC didn't they have 6 weeks of practice, 1st of August till 2nd week of Sept. and then a week of game prep? Isn't that what they usually get? 2 weeks in the spring and a month in August?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I'm going to awesome 50% of the MSSt fan base is from Brandon and wants to see their boy play. I can't understand why everyone is sh## on K.J. The short slide was bad. But the failure to get 1/2 a yard on the next play was bad as well.

He completed 40+ passes for 300+ yards. That's lot of short passes. He took the underneath stuff as much as the down and distance allowed.

Our inability to pick up a yard. As well as Ints, Blown coverages and a muffed punt lost the game. Wasn't one guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I'm going to awesome 50% of the MSSt fan base is from Brandon and wants to see their boy play. I can't understand why everyone is sh## on K.J. The short slide was bad. But the failure to get 1/2 a yard on the next play was bad as well.

He completed 40+ passes for 300+ yards. That's lot of short passes. He took the underneath stuff as much as the down and distance allowed.

Our inability to pick up a yard. As well as Ints, Blown coverages and a muffed punt lost the game. Wasn't one guy.
    Everyone is sh##ing on him because he has turned the ball over 7 times in 2 games. He's a senior with 25 previous starts, he should know how to take care of the ball at this point. The ints he threw last night were absolutely terrible, no excuses for them. He was throwing into double and triple coverage...

vCash
    Vintage JWS.."we didn't execute" Maddening

vCash
    Our DB's are more of a concern. They were pretty much clueless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Our DB's are more of a concern. They were pretty much clueless.
    I'll say that I was a LOT more confident stopping them on 3rd and 1 last night than I was 3rd and 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    The facts are we beat them in every single aspect of the game except 1) the scoreboard(which is what counts) and 2)Turnovers. That?s why we lost the game plain and simple. We outplayed them in every way except turnovers. You can score against a drop 8 zone in Leaches offense and he has done is on multiple occasions. Your QB has to be disciplined enough to take what he is given. He was given the underneath routes over and over. You can see it on the film. But he refused to take it. It?s on KJ. Not Leach. We will be fine.
    Underneath routes were just about all we threw. We just couldn't drive the field without making mistakes or bogging down in the red zone.

vCash
    Take away the pick 6, 4th and 1 underthrow, and the muffed punt, and we almost certainly win. That's an execution issue, not scheming. KJ and the rest of the team will be better next week.

The Hill injury was also a huge unlucky break for us. Even with all of the above, we probably still win if Hill plays the whole game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

There wouldn't have been a damn 4th down play had he not pussed out on 3rd down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There wouldn't have been a damn 4th down play had he not pussed out on 3rd down.
    He declined to take the 10-15 yard scramble available at least 10 times, usually about once a series. It was bad. He could've rushed for 100 yards EASILY. Granted I do remember a couple of times that it turned into a pass for FD yardage but his unwillingness to scramble failed to sustain 3-5 drives, not just the last one.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    "Put in the back up." Clang clang clang

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As always in sports it comes down to execution. And we didn't execute. The plays were there to be made. We had guys open and kJ made some poor throws or got impatient and didn't take what was there.We were inside their 30 4 times and came away with zero points,. KJ has to play better. There are tons of teams in college and nfl running air raid and have been for years. If it was as simple as dropping 8 and rushing 3 everyone would be stopping it and no one would be using it. It's strictly a matter of execution, kJ sucked last night if he doesn't play better yeah we will struggle but I believe he'll play better going forward. Remember no spring practice and not a whole lot of fall practice so everyone's still learning. Show a little patience.
    I agree. I don't think he has quite mastered the system yet or he just got too greedy. That's probably why Rogers was pushing him- Will grew up running the air raid and may have a better grasp of it in some ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Vintage JWS.."we didn't execute" Maddening
    I think Leach and Jackie are kind of the same but in opposite ways philosophy wise. Jackie wanted to run it 60 times and Leach wants to throw it 60 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    He declined to take the 10-15 yard scramble available at least 10 times, usually about once a series. It was bad. He could've rushed for 100 yards EASILY. Granted I do remember a couple of times that it turned into a pass for FD yardage but his unwillingness to scramble failed to sustain 3-5 drives, not just the last one.
    Dead on. He needs to run when he has that much grass. I don't care if he slides after 10 yards. They will quit dropping back so far then. This can be fixed; lets see what CML does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Leach and Jackie are kind of the same but in opposite ways philosophy wise. Jackie wanted to run it 60 times and Leach wants to throw it 60 times.
    I guess that is one reason I loved Jackie ball. Smash mouth was fun. Davis, Bouie, Roberts, JJ, Miller, Walker, etc. Rim the ball down your throat. On D, get after your tail all night.