Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Bacon Snaps 20 Game Losing Streak Edition

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I can't understand how you could come to this conclusion. Marks is a stud. We can't run block a fired up defense. May not can run block many defenses on this schedule.
    I watched the game. I watch Kylin run, and then I watch Marks run. One is an sec back and one has to get better to become one. Kylin won’t have any issues running behind this offensive line. He’s averaging over 5ypc against a much better DL (LSU who actually put more people in the box) and ran for 7 yards in his 1 carry against Arkansas. Marks averaged 3.7 ypc against a 3 man rush. He is the problem.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-06-2020 at 07:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I watched the game. I watch Kylin run, and then I watch Marks run. One is an sec back and one has to get better to become one. Kylin won’t have any issues running behind this offensive line. He’s averaging over 5ypc against a much better DL (LSU) and ran for 7 yards in his 1 carry against Arkansas. Marks averaged 3.7 ypc against a 3 man rush. He is the problem.
    So you're saying a true freshman isn't as matured or seasoned as a senior? But somehow, Marks averaged 5ypc against LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Funny how we put it all on KJ when before the season started, WR was one of the biggest concerns. Do our WR's have a clue how to beat a zone or where the holes are? Looking at past performance and coaching, I would say no.
    There were open receivers a lot, but yes, they need to improve.

vCash
    I watched the game. I watch Kylin run, and then I watch Marks run. One is an sec back and one has to get better to become one. Kylin won’t have any issues running behind this offensive line. He’s averaging over 5ypc against a much better DL (LSU who actually put more people in the box) and ran for 7 yards in his 1 carry against Arkansas. Marks averaged 3.7 ypc against a 3 man rush. He is the problem.
    One is a senior; the other is a true freshman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As coaches we always fight that battle. What I do with my guys that play in the Fun-N-Gun- is challenge them by talking about "stat games". We work to accomplish goals every Friday no matter who the opponent is- 40 points, 400 yards, 0 turnovers, etc. It's amazing to see kids work in a week they know they are playing an inferior opponent when you talk to them about being a 100 yard WR, 150 yard rusher, 250 yard passer, etc. Edited to add- it's ridiculous that you think we were looking past UPig because we wanted Kentucky so bad. We didnt overlook them- we got outcoached and outplayed.

In what world is 1:15pm "late afternoon"? I posted last week about 2 hours after I woke up, same today
    I didn't say we "looked past Ark to Kentucky" you illiterate hillbilly. I said we overlooked them. As in we thought we could sleepwalk through an SEC game and win.

We got "out coached and outplayed" because KJ read too much of his own press, after he set the SEC record in his first SEC game. He thought it was always going to be easy.

But you twist it into whatever you have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    I didn't say we "looked past Ark to Kentucky" you illiterate hillbilly. I said we overlooked them. As in we thought we could sleepwalk through an SEC game and win.

We got "out coached and outplayed" because KJ read too much of his own press, after he set the SEC record in his first SEC game. He thought it was always going to be easy.

But you twist it into whatever you have to.
    Nice. Some people on here can't make a point without name calling and acting like children.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    So you're saying a true freshman isn't as matured or seasoned as a senior? But somehow, Marks averaged 5ypc against LSU.
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. He shouldn't be playing, but Joe Moorhead didn't do his job in the recruiting process for 2 years and here we are having to start a true freshman.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    One is a senior; the other is a true freshman
    I'm tracking that. It doesn't take away from the fact that he was the problem. He shouldn't have to play this year. It's not his fault. But he is playing and it's a problem.

vCash
    I'm tracking that. It doesn't take away from the fact that he was the problem. He shouldn't have to play this year. It's not his fault. But he is playing and it's a problem.
    It's a free year to get experience that will be huge next year. We've got older RBs that can't get in the field because our younger guys are better. Going to be a lot of transfers after the season. Not just at RB.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's a free year to get experience that will be huge next year. We've got older RBs that can't get in the field because our younger guys are better. Going to be a lot of transfers after the season. Not just at RB.
    That doesn’t take away from the fact it’s currently an issue. Ask the coaches who have and will continue to get fired this year if it’s free. The players don’t look at it as free either.

vCash
    That doesn’t take away from the fact it’s currently an issue. Ask the coaches who have and will continue to get fired this year if it’s free. The players don’t look at it as free either.
    Freshmen look at that way when they normally would be redshirting. We get to redshirt players while playing them if the player wants the extra year. And Leach isn't getting fired. I'm not worried about other coaches. This year was never expected to be a great year. Next year will be better and in two years we should start rolling. "Should"

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Freshmen look at that way when they normally would be redshirting. We get to redshirt players while playing them if the player wants the extra year. And Leach isn't getting fired. I'm not worried about other coaches. This year was never expected to be a great year. Next year will be better and in two years we should start rolling. "Should"
    I realize all of that, but last week we were on top of the world and this week it's "a free year". I love Leach and can't wait for this weekend's game. Sounds like sour grapes to say it's a free year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Nice. Some people on here can't make a point without name calling and acting like children.
    LOL You are calling out me? For "Name calling and acting like a child , in response to Coach 34??

Have you never read an MSU message board before? Coach34 has called more people names than Trump. It's literally why he was kicked of all the other message Boards, and why he was banned here.

Welcome to the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    LOL You are calling out me? For "Name calling and acting like a child , in response to Coach 34??

Have you never read an MSU message board before? Coach34 has called more people names than Trump. It's literally why he was kicked of all the other message Boards, and why he was banned here.

Welcome to the board.
    What message board was I kicked off of for name-calling? The only one I?m banned on is Sixpack and that?s because I told them all goodbye when we started Elite. If you are going to lie- at least make it believable please
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    What message board was I kicked off of for name-calling? The only one I?m banned on is Sixpack and that?s because I told them all goodbye when we started Elite. If you are going to lie- at least make it believable please
    You were banned by HD6 in early 2009 for name calling and being an asshole. Dawgstudent let you back after you groveled and begged. I can find the posts if you want.

As i recall, that was not your only banning, including on this board.

vCash
    I realize all of that, but last week we were on top of the world and this week it's "a free year". I love Leach and can't wait for this weekend's game. Sounds like sour grapes to say it's a free year.
    Not what I meant. I'm just saying those freshmen are good enough to beat out older guys AND they get a free year if they want it.
    Those FR aren't why we lost.

vCash
    Is the dick measuring contest over yet ????

vCash
    Still baffling that Spoon can?t even touch the field now
    I saw him once in the game vs Ark. 3rd Q. 2nd and 2. We ran a two back set. We faked the handoff to Spoon and threw a swing pass to Johnson or Marks.

Only play I saw that formation or Spoon.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 10-08-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Not what I meant. I'm just saying those freshmen are good enough to beat out older guys AND they get a free year if they want it.
    Those FR aren't why we lost.
    They are beating out guys that obviously aren’t very good, because Marks isn’t very good right now. KJ was the main reason we lost, but The tailback position was probably 2nd or 3rd on the list (unless you count Leach)

vCash
    and the cherry on top is the fact that Joe Moorehead's offense score a total of 106 points in his two games against Arky .... what the hell happened Mike?
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.