Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Bacon Snaps 20 Game Losing Streak Edition

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm not saying Kylin coming out wasn't a big deal. It was. He's a better back than Marks and Johnson. But the poster was implying that they're not talented, that Johnson isn't an SEC player, and Marks is "Brandon Holloway." That's just completely premature considering they've played 2 college games. Marks is good in space. Johnson is tough. They're going to be really good backs for us in the future.
    Marks has been less than impressive through 2 weeks. I know he’s a true freshman and will get better but he was extremely overhyped to this point. He’s not an SEC back right now. Dylan has looked better to me (and he’s not exactly what Leach needs).

vCash
    Marks and Johnson will be good together. Johnson looks a lot like Kylin to me. Marks is quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I don't think it was our run blocking as much as it was who we had running the ball. Johnson was the better of the two but he isn't an SEC starter. Marks is just another Holloway. We apparently lack talent behind Hill. Hill would've done great vs that scheme. Any other starting RB and most of the backups we've had the last decade here (outside of maybe Shumpert and Holloway) would've had a great game.
    You way wrong. Johnson is going to be a Star. Marks has a lot of flexibility in his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You way wrong. Johnson is going to be a Star. Marks has a lot of flexibility in his game.
    I love the way Johnson runs. Dude has great vision and runs hard and makes decisive, quick cuts and gets north and south in a hurry. That td run was a thing of beauty! He saw the hole wasn't there, bounced it and got upfield in a hurry and then a lot of effort to finish and get in the end zone. He looks like hes going to be a stud!

vCash
    Still baffling that Spoon can?t even touch the field now
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
    J. Marks 2 13 54 2 52 4.0 0 11 26.0
    Kylin Hill 2 8 41 0 41 5.1 0 12 20.5
    Dillon Johnson 2 9 39 0 39 4.3 1 9 19.5
    TEAM 2 1 0 2 -2 -2.0 0 0 -1.0
    K.J. Costello 2 9 15 49 -34 -3.8 0 7 -17.0
    Total.......... 0 40 149 53 96 2.4 1 12 0.0
    Opponents...... 0 75 228 85 143 1.9 0 12 0.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Marks has been less than impressive through 2 weeks. I know he’s a true freshman and will get better but he was extremely overhyped to this point. He’s not an SEC back right now. Dylan has looked better to me (and he’s not exactly what Leach needs).
    2 weeks. KJ Costello looked like a million bucks in game 1 and then like a turd burger in game 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    2 weeks. KJ Costello looked like a million bucks in game 1 and then like a turd burger in game 2.
    Arkansas 43-59-3 72.9 313 1 34 1-11 112.87

We adv 7.2 yards per pass Take the int move them to the comp col with 7.2 per we don't give up the pick 6 probably win the game for we would have kicked at least 1 FG and I would say that was a better game than the LSU game.

That is how close he is to great in all our eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Arkansas 43-59-3 72.9 313 1 34 1-11 112.87

We adv 7.2 yards per pass Take the int move them to the comp col with 7.2 per we don't give up the pick 6 probably win the game for we would have kicked at least 1 FG and I would say that was a better game than the LSU game.

That is how close he is to great in all our eyes.
    If you take the turd off of a turd burger, then it's not a turd burger anymore. But you can't do that. The interceptions happened. That's like saying if you replace a hitter's strikeouts with home runs, then they'd be a good baseball player. Well yeah..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I have plenty of perspective. We lost to a team that is not very good. A team that lost 4 starters last night during our game. Those are facts. Losing to a bad team playing a prevent defense all night is troubling.

I think I know why so many coaches can't fathom this offense working. It's because they have no clue how to coach this offense to be successful themselves. Therefore, no one can do it.

It's the practice and repetitions and perfect execution that makes this offense click and without near flawless execution this offense can fail even against bad teams.

If you think this past week is troubling so soon in the process then you probably won't have the stomach to see it through or give Leech the support he needs to make it happen.

vCash
    Marks and Johnson will be good together. Johnson looks a lot like Kylin to me. Marks is quick.
    I don't agree. Johnson doesn't have nearly the quickness of Kylin. Looks like a short yardage power back to me. Marks is the guy
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Goodness what are you looking at?

I've thought Marks looks great
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I thought Marks was impressive in the small doses we saw him against LSU. Less so against Arkansas but he still looked fine. Johnson didn't do much against LSU but impressed me on Saturday.

Those two are a good stable of backs to work with for the next four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    About 18 checkdowns to RB in front of 8 men in coverage made me think of Croome's "West Coast Offense" with little to no YAC. I didn't expect 600 yards passing a game, but last night was hard to watch.
    I can see that. Croom's West Coast offense failed due to poor execution just like State did Saturday. I say it's not because the West Coast offense doesn't work. The West Coast offense is extremely successful and many a team still employ lots of those concepts with lots of YAC. So, is the air raid and lots of teams in the NFL and around college football are using the concepts and winning with them.

Croom lost and kept losing. Croom did not have the ability to teach the West Coast to college players. Bailing on Leech's ability to teach an effective air raid offense SEC after one bad week is a bad idea. I think his plan of a simple to understand offense and perfected through repetition will work, even in the SEC. While one week reminded me of Croom, I can see the possibilities as well.

Will KJ end up being the QB we thought? Maybe not, but I am betting Leech will have a winning program in Starkville using the Air Raid offense before it's all said and done. We all got caught up in the hype because they beat LSU but this group really has been thrown together and to expect it working without taking some lumps was wrong.

He started in the SEC and it worked then and it will now. There is less of a talent difference now with State vs the big boys than KY vs the big boys when he was there. I say, give him a chance to make it work. It's going to take more than one pandemic offseason to get this thing rolling.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Goodness what are you looking at?

I've thought Marks looks great
    His 3.7 ypc against a 3 man front and his blown blocking assignments. What the hell are you looking at? He is one of if not the main factor Outside of KJ that we lost the football game. He goes down as soon as he is touched and he made zero people miss a tackle. He was awful. He will get in the weight room and get bigger and faster but he has no business playing right now.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I can see that. Croom's West Coast offense failed due to poor execution just like State did Saturday. I say it's not because the West Coast offense doesn't work. The West Coast offense is extremely successful and many a team still employ lots of those concepts with lots of YAC. So, is the air raid and lots of teams in the NFL and around college football are using the concepts and winning with them.

Croom lost and kept losing. Croom did not have the ability to teach the West Coast to college players. Bailing on Leech's ability to teach an effective air raid offense SEC after one bad week is a bad idea. I think his plan of a simple to understand offense and perfected through repetition will work, even in the SEC. While one week reminded me of Croom, I can see the possibilities as well.

Will KJ end up being the QB we thought? Maybe not, but I am betting Leech will have a winning program in Starkville using the Air Raid offense before it's all said and done. We all got caught up in the hype because they beat LSU but this group really has been thrown together and to expect it working without taking some lumps was wrong.

He started in the SEC and it worked then and it will now. There is less of a talent difference now with State vs the big boys than KY vs the big boys when he was there. I say, give him a chance to make it work. It's going to take more than one pandemic offseason to get this thing rolling.
    Outstanding post!

I think in the long run we are going to win big. We have more resources than Leach has ever had before which has allowed him to attract a legit DC. On top of that the attention MSU football has been getting has been the most since Dak was our QB- so when we do win big it's going to be an incredible experience.

vCash
    Marks has been less than impressive through 2 weeks. I know he’s a true freshman and will get better but he was extremely overhyped to this point. He’s not an SEC back right now.
    I can't understand how you could come to this conclusion. Marks is a stud. We can't run block a fired up defense. May not can run block many defenses on this schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't agree. Johnson doesn't have nearly the quickness of Kylin. Looks like a short yardage power back to me. Marks is the guy
    Johnson is faster than Kylin. He broke Saquan Barkley's Nike Opening camp record score. He's a workout freak like Kylin too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-05-2020 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Johnson is faster than Kylin. He broke Saquan Barkley's Nike Opening camp record score. He's a workout freak like Kylin too.
    This. I've seen Johnson up close. He can go.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Funny how we put it all on KJ when before the season started, WR was one of the biggest concerns. Do our WR's have a clue how to beat a zone or where the holes are? Looking at past performance and coaching, I would say no.