Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Bacon Snaps 20 Game Losing Streak Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    I'm not buying for 1 second the reason Hill was benched was because he was mouthy, the dude was literally punch drunk, that was why he was pushing away trainers and such. He can say being mouthy was the reason all he wants, but he got a concussion. He may be trying to protect his NFL stock by saying it was another reason (Concerns for CTE), but the dude literally went limp for 2-3 seconds which is why he fumbled the ball, he was out. He was not coming back in regardless. Leach is always going to be very careful in regards to concussions after what went down in Lubbock with the James kid.
    exactly
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    In my mind, KJ did single handily cost us the game. Even with the other screw ups, fumbled punt, we were still in a position to tie and/or win! One clear example was in Q4, we are fourth and 2 and he under throws an open receiver downfield 10 yards to the left of the line. The guy was wide open! He makes that throw 50 times in a row and this game he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Does he play better with day games, does he have night time sight issues? I ask these questions as something was obviously WRONG! The interceptions were horrible, I don't know what he was even looking at, not the other teams player, on a couple of them.

2 games and 6 turnovers, something has got to change!
    Number 1 rule of QB play: Take care of the ball.

vCash
    If i remember correctly both of the Arkansas touchdowns on offense were with guys standing sans coverage in the endzone....so much so they could have been swinging an anchor chain around and not hit anybody. KJ is gonna have to earn my faith back going forward. The awfulness of his game last night was just overwhelming. I'm pessimistic about him overcoming those demons. Our young running backs look very good, but our OL cannot help them. They are on their own. The front seven on D played so hard in the second half and deserved a change in fortune. That said, I do believe our days of beating Arkansas are behind us for a while.

vCash
    As always in sports it comes down to execution. And we didn't execute. The plays were there to be made. We had guys open and kJ made some poor throws or got impatient and didn't take what was there.We were inside their 30 4 times and came away with zero points,. KJ has to play better. There are tons of teams in college and nfl running air raid and have been for years. If it was as simple as dropping 8 and rushing 3 everyone would be stopping it and no one would be using it. It's strictly a matter of execution, kJ sucked last night if he doesn't play better yeah we will struggle but I believe he'll play better going forward. Remember no spring practice and not a whole lot of fall practice so everyone's still learning. Show a little patience.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Odom didn’t learn and adjust to anything. He did the same thing when he played Leach before in the big 12 and it worked then. Kylin would have made a huge difference but KJ lost the football game. Throwing a pick 6 and however many other interceptions he had just because he got impatient and didn’t want to dink and dunk cost us the game. That and not putting his body on the line for the team in the 4th quarter which is 100% unacceptable. Our defense played their hearts out. There are a lot of assholes on here that owe them an apology.
    Last edited by Jarius; 10-04-2020 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    As always in sports it comes down to execution. And we didn't execute. The plays were there to be made. We had guys open and kJ made some poor throws or got impatient and didn't take what was there.We were inside their 30 4 times and came away with zero points,. KJ has to play better. There are tons of teams in college and nfl running air raid and have been for years. If it was as simple as dropping 8 and rushing 3 everyone would be stopping it and no one would be using it. It's strictly a matter of execution, kJ sucked last night if he doesn't play better yeah we will struggle but I believe he'll play better going forward. Remember no spring practice and not a whole lot of fall practice so everyone's still learning. Show a little patience.
    1. People run Air Raid concepts- they dont run what Leach runs. Lincoln Riley is a perfect example. He employs some of what Leach does along with innovative RPO's and a good run game.
    2. SEC defenses have more speed- their reaction times are quicker- making it tougher to exploit the zones when a team drops 8.
    3. KJ was 43/59 last night. Thats damn good. He obviously took alot of what was given to him. The problem was the RB's caught 18 passes and were tackled immediately when they did. They dropped 8 and tackled well- eliminating big plays. By doing that- we are bound to mess up before going 13-15 plays to score. We ran 84 plays to UPig' 65 last night
    4. Lastly- to the "why didnt everybody do it to Leach then?" people- some teams in the Big 12 and Pac 12 dont have enough speed on D. They werent able to keep the RB's hemmed up or a LB was unable to cover well enough in his zone and got exploited. Or the DC wasnt patient enough to stay with it and gambled some with blitzes. Auburn, Bama, Georgia, and A&M have the people on D to do it well. We'll see what weaknesses we can find vs Mississippi, Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou. It's been proven by Washington and now UPig that it works vs Leach.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Next book by Leach,"Live By the Sword , Die By the Sword". I still don't think we can win in the SEC throwing 60 or more times a day. Even Tommy Stevens could tuck the ball and run hard when it was there. Arky D, nor anyone else I'm afraid will respect or worry about his ability to run. He looks afraid of contact, but added to that by being extremely slow. I don't want another transfer non-Sec QB. Develop SEC caliber players. Having him play like this will be a wasted year, unless Rodgers gets PT if he can recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. People run Air Raid concepts- they dont run what Leach runs. Lincoln Riley is a perfect example. He employs some of what Leach does along with innovative RPO's and a good run game.
    2. SEC defenses have more speed- their reaction times are quicker- making it tougher to exploit the zones when a team drops 8.
    3. KJ was 43/59 last night. Thats damn good. He obviously took alot of what was given to him. The problem was the RB's caught 18 passes and were tackled immediately when they did. They dropped 8 and tackled well- eliminating big plays. By doing that- we are bound to mess up before going 13-15 plays to score. We ran 84 plays to UPig' 65 last night
    4. Lastly- to the "why didnt everybody do it to Leach then?" people- some teams in the Big 12 and Pac 12 dont have enough speed on D. They werent able to keep the RB's hemmed up or a LB was unable to cover well enough in his zone and got exploited. Or the DC wasnt patient enough to stay with it and gambled some with blitzes. Auburn, Bama, Georgia, and A&M have the people on D to do it well. We'll see what weaknesses we can find vs Mississippi, Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou. It's been proven by Washington and now UPig that it works vs Leach.
    kJ completion percentage was good but that doesn't tell the full story. The ints were terrible, the empty trips inside arky territory were terrible. He didn't make the plays in situations where they needed to be made to win the game. We'll see if we can adjust and win games. I want to see it play out, if we can't win then there's plenty of time to bitch about it.

vCash
    I know that it will never happen due to protecting QB's, but once a QB breaks the line of scrimmage he should be considered a running back. As the original Jack Lambert said, "Might as Well Put a Dress on them". RB's one set of rules, QB runs forever can slid and if touched by defense a penalty to boot.

vCash
    kJ completion percentage was good but that doesn't tell the full story. The ints were terrible, the empty trips inside arky territory were terrible. He didn't make the plays in situations where they needed to be made to win the game. We'll see if we can adjust and win games. I want to see it play out, if we can't win then there's plenty of time to bitch about it.
    About 18 checkdowns to RB in front of 8 men in coverage made me think of Croome's "West Coast Offense" with little to no YAC. I didn't expect 600 yards passing a game, but last night was hard to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    About 18 checkdowns to RB in front of 8 men in coverage made me think of Croome's "West Coast Offense" with little to no YAC. I didn't expect 600 yards passing a game, but last night was hard to watch.
    Yeah it was crappy no doubt.

vCash

No matter the scheme. All defenses mentioned above would likely stop our offense.

vCash
    I have plenty of perspective. We lost to a team that is not very good. A team that lost 4 starters last night during our game. Those are facts. Losing to a bad team playing a prevent defense all night is troubling.
    We ran it plenty last night. We just weren't very effective running when we did. Can't really remember more than maybe one run over 10 yards all night for us. Our main problem right now is that we can't drive the field at 5 yards per clip without screwing up through turnover, penalty, errant throws, etc. Arkansas was betting on that last night and won the bet.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We ran it plenty last night. We just weren't very effective running when we did. Can't really remember more than maybe one run over 10 yards all night for us. Our main problem right now is that we can't drive the field at 5 yards per clip without screwing up through turnover, penalty, errant throws, etc. Arkansas was betting on that last night and won the bet.
    Our problem last night and maybe for the rest of the year is we were playing 5 vs 8. You aren?t ever going to win playing 5 guys to their 8. This is a product of a QB who isn?t physical and doesn?t want to run it.

If Leach is smart we would see a lot more of Garrett in slot and motion him in besides KJ and do some RPO off of that look.

vCash
    We had 400 yards of O last night. That's not great but it's perfectly fine. You should expect 21-28 points on that.

Problem is we wasted a hundred of it with turnovers, and passes up 6 points by going for it. Even then we'd be tied without a pick 6. And we'd easily have 30+ more yards if Kylin didn't get hurt.

Not sunshine pumping, I think the future is pretty bleak actually. But we did move the ball decently... we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The narrative that the O sucked is false

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    We had 400 yards of O last night. That's not great but it's perfectly fine. You should expect 21-28 points on that.

Problem is we wasted a hundred of it with turnovers, and passes up 6 points by going for it. Even then we'd be tied without a pick 6. And we'd easily have 30+ more yards if Kylin didn't get hurt.

Not sunshine pumping, I think the future is pretty bleak actually. But we did move the ball decently... we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The narrative that the O sucked is false
    As Tim Tebow said on SEC Nation yesterday, yards can be a very meaningless stat. Turnovers, red zone scoring efficiency, defensive red zone efficiency are all way more important. And those were the things that killed us last night. What does it matter if you drive 75 yards if you just turn it over on downs inside the opponent's 10 yard line?

vCash
    As Tim Tebow said on SEC Nation yesterday, yards can be a very meaningless stat. Turnovers, red zone scoring efficiency, defensive red zone efficiency are all way more important. And those were the things that killed us last night. What does it matter if you drive 75 yards if you just turn it over on downs inside the opponent's 10 yard line?
    Yep it always comes down to who wins in situational football. Third downs, fourth downs, red zone, turnover margin, etc. we lost just about every one of those last night and arky was efficient in those situations

vCash
    Yep. The most important stat is points scored and for defense points allowed.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    I have plenty of perspective. We lost to a team that is not very good. A team that lost 4 starters last night during our game. Those are facts. Losing to a bad team playing a prevent defense all night is troubling.
    I'm sure your teams never overlook and opponent.

Just as shocked you didn't have an excuse to post this late in the afternoon like last week.