Thread: That elusive 10th yard

vCash

That elusive 10th yard

Count how many times we were one yard short. Not just the 2 fourth and 1 plays, and not just KJ bailing before getting hit instead of fighting toward the 1st down marker (like Shrader would have done). It was the WRs as well, catching the ball and instead of turning upfield to fight for the 1st down, they did spin moves to try to elude the tackler and get YAC yards, and would usually get dragged down even shorter of the line to gain. It was force (the Mullen way) vs finesse (what we are now under Leach)

Credit to Ark. They tackled better than any team I've ever seen outside of a couple of Saban defenses. And we all called it....Zone is a killer for the air raid. Ark was ok letting us do the underneath stuff and closing on our guys immediately and stuffing them. Leach and KJ didn't have the patience to dink and dunk for 15-play drives. Almost every time KJ threw farther downfield, it was into double and triple coverage.

But, I had several $7 beers at Davis Wade, and it was glorious!

vCash
    Only seven bucks? Not too shabby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Only seven bucks? Not too shabby
    Yep. Tall boys that they poor into a clear plastic cup. They stop selling at the end of the 3rd QTR. They are ICE Cold, too.

vCash
    I thought the spot on KJ's run was bad, but that was me looking at a tv. I thought they at least should have looked at it again. Anyone there have a better look?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    I thought the spot on KJ's run was bad, but that was me looking at a tv. I thought they at least should have looked at it again. Anyone there have a better look?
    Could Leach have challenged the spot? If so, why didn't her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Could Leach have challenged the spot? If so, why didn't her?
    There was another spot he should have challenged as well. Ark had a completion along the sideline and I swear the guy stepped out of bounds and stumbled ahead for 3 more yards, and they gave that yardage to him.

Also, the facemask on (either Dillon or J. Marks) where no flag was thrown. 2nd week in a row for that. Lsu guy pulled KJ down by the base of the helmet should have been a penalty last week, Ref picked up the flag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Watch the highlights on YT, he was definitely down short. His knee touches down with the ball about half a yard short.