Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know what this reminds me of

vCash

You know what this reminds me of

Remember in 2017 when we were 3-0 after beating LSU at home and heading into the plains to face Georgia? Some of us were trying to be realistic and mindful of the team's holes or weaknesses. Everyone kept hyping us up and the saying we would steamroll Georgia. However the complete opposite happened and it brought everyone back down to earth. Once again we are in the same situation. Our team doesn't deserve to be ranked just yet. We have a lot left to prove to everyone that we can handle business. I watched an offense I expected to see this year. I was pleasantly surprised to see state beat LSU, but every team can beat you in this conference. Hopefully we can use this humbling to work harder and win against Kentucky. Because I can tell you that it won't be pretty next weekend if we haven't figured out the zone defense.

vCash
    Kentucky will be able to run that zone a whole lot better than Arkansas. Then you get into aTm and Bama. If we don't have a legit plan to attack the zone this week, we staring 1-4 in the face

vCash
    It seems that with the time KJ had, we literally could just go find open spots in the zone and tell the WRs to sit in them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It seems that with the time KJ had, we literally could just go find open spots in the zone and tell the WRs to sit in them.
    Good point. Perhaps a lot of last night was on the WRs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No. It was 100% on K.J.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. It was 100% on K.J.
    Not 100%. How many time did WRs catch the ball with needing only 1 YAC to get a 1st down, and instead of turning upfield, tried a spin move to elude the tackler and got stopped even shorter of the marker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Remember in 2017 when we were 3-0 after beating LSU at home and heading into the plains to face Georgia? Some of us were trying to be realistic and mindful of the team's holes or weaknesses. Everyone kept hyping us up and the saying we would steamroll Georgia. However the complete opposite happened and it brought everyone back down to earth. Once again we are in the same situation. Our team doesn't deserve to be ranked just yet. We have a lot left to prove to everyone that we can handle business. I watched an offense I expected to see this year. I was pleasantly surprised to see state beat LSU, but every team can beat you in this conference. Hopefully we can use this humbling to work harder and win against Kentucky. Because I can tell you that it won't be pretty next weekend if we haven't figured out the zone defense.
    I want whatever you are having because you just compared last night's Arkansas loss to losing to the National Runner Up Georgia of 2017.....the two scenarios are not even close....we just lost to basically Kansas at home. Auburn is going to roll Arkansas by 21 at least next week. It's one thing to be humbled by getting beat by a team that is just flat out better, it's another thing to lose to a terrible team. Arkansas is a terrible team. I'm sure they will get better with Odom having time, but that team is basically the same team that Moorhead rolled the past 2 years with the addition of Franks at QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    I want whatever you are having because you just compared last night's Arkansas loss to losing to the National Runner Up Georgia of 2017.....the two scenarios are not even close....we just lost to basically Kansas at home. Auburn is going to roll Arkansas by 21 at least next week. It's one thing to be humbled by getting beat by a team that is just flat out better, it's another thing to lose to a terrible team. Arkansas is a terrible team. I'm sure they will get better with Odom having time, but that team is basically the same team that Moorhead rolled the past 2 years with the addition of Franks at QB
    Ark defense is legit. They had UGA on the ropes until the 3rd Qtr last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Yep.

Folks act like we got beat by Chad Morris. Pittman got two really good coordinators and got out of their way. I'm impressed that our defense kept Briles on his heels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Arkansas has top 26 team talent, Kansas is in the 70's. Now if Morris was here sure, the loss would be disasterous. However this is a new day for Arky- they have a legit DC, OC, and the HC obviously as them motivated. Their D did better vs Arky than Auburns

vCash
    Charlie Sheen and Bothrops are pissed, and I get it, but we are working with 2020 circumstances that included zero spring practice.

I'm happy the defense is way better than we all predicted.

vCash
    No it's not. GA went to their new QB the second half and ate it up. He threw it on them well.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-04-2020 at 12:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. It was 100% on K.J.
    Brackey Brett was the problem.

vCash
    Charlie Sheen and Bothrops are pissed, and I get it, but we are working with 2020 circumstances that included zero spring practice.

I'm happy the defense is way better than we all predicted.
    Arky had the same amount of practice as us, also with a new coaching staff and we hadn't lost 20 SEC games in a row.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No it's not. GA went to their new QB the second half and ate it up. He threw it on them well.
    You didn't watch the game. Ark tackles better than most defenses I've seen. Barry Odom is top 3 DC in all of college football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He averaged 7 yards per completion, that's okay but nothing special. He averaged close to 9 against Auburn. Arkansas gave up less than 3 yards per carry against Georgia which is better than Auburn did against them as well.

Georgia's defense and special teams are outstanding though, they got 14 points from a blocked punt and a pick six in that game.

vCash
    This season is reminding me more of 1992 rather than 2017. State started off beating Texas convincingly in Austin, and then the next week laid a huge turd in Baton Rouge getting beat 24-3. BTW, LSU's only other win that year was against friggin' Tulane. That 92 team went on to blow out Florida and nearly took out the eventual national champions Alabama. This team is going to win a few more games that are unexpected and lose some more games against teams we shouldn't. It's the Mike Leach way.

vCash
    I thought of 1991, which was Jackie's first year, where we had the huge win against Texas early on and then lost to a bad Memphis team not long after.

vCash
    GA also had 20 penalties in the first half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think it was a combo but Costello is taking way more blame than he deserves.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More