Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry, but I can't get over

vCash

I'm sorry, but I can't get over

our starting QB and supposed leader of our team not being willing to do what's necessary to pick up a first down. I think back to Garrett Shrader flying through the air like a helicopter (and coming up short) or all the abuse Nick Fitzgerald took over his career, and yes I know those are different style QBs, but those guys were willing to put their body on the line to help the team. KJ Costello wasn't and I lost a lot of respect for him tonight because of it. I hope he has a chance to redeem himself.

vCash
    Shrader is a football player. This guy is not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    our starting QB and supposed leader of our team not being willing to do what's necessary to pick up a first down. I think back to Garrett Shrader flying through the air like a helicopter (and coming up short) or all the abuse Nick Fitzgerald took over his career, and yes I know those are different style QBs, but those guys were willing to put their body on the line to help the team. KJ Costello wasn't and I lost a lot of respect for him tonight because of it. I hope he has a chance to redeem himself.
    He wouldn't have to be making those tough grind out yards if he didn't throw picks....
    I'll say it again..8 turnovers in 2 games as a team....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    He wouldn't have to be making those tough grind out yards if he didn't throw picks....
    I'll say it again..8 turnovers in 2 games as a team....
    Um yes he would. The picks certainly don't help his case. But there are still going to be 3rd and shorts regardless of how many picks he throws

vCash
    Get used to being the team with the negative turnover margin with leach. I prepared myself for that when Cohen hired him. Not by any means am I saying I didn?t like the hire, I think Leach is a good coach. The keyword is good not great though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Get used to being the team with the negative turnover margin with leach. I prepared myself for that when Cohen hired him. Not by any means am I saying I didn?t like the hire, I think Leach is a good coach. The keyword is good not great though
    Go look at WSU?s INT stats last 5 years. Minshew only threw 9.

It?s all about the QB, we don?t have a good one right now.

vCash
    KJ ducked that?s not on leach. He?s a pac 10 puss plain and simple. It?s not going to work.

vCash
    K.J. is making a business decision by going down like a sack of potatoes. Hill is begging the coaches to go in after a concussion, but we have a QB that is scared to square up against a DB because he doesn't want to get hurt. Not gonna win any games that way boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    KJ ducked that?s not on leach. He?s a pac 10 puss plain and simple. It?s not going to work.
    This is correct, but Leach won't ever finish above 4th in the west either, and now we have Arkansas to lose to every year, so probably 5th or 6th after transfers and recruiting losses. Moorhead is grinning somewhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is correct, but Leach won't ever finish above 4th in the west either, and now we have Arkansas to lose to every year, so probably 5th or 6th after transfers and recruiting losses. Moorhead is grinning somewhere
    Lose to every year? Really? Just cause we lose to them this year doesn't mean we'll always lose to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    K.J. is making a business decision by going down like a sack of potatoes. Hill is begging the coaches to go in after a concussion, but we have a QB that is scared to square up against a DB because he doesn't want to get hurt. Not gonna win any games that way boys.
    He has injuries at Stanford. Not an excuse but that is probably a factor in his decision making. And yes, he absolutely should 100% know where the sticks are and do what he needs to do to get the first down.

vCash
    Lose to every year? Really? Just cause we lose to them this year doesn't mean we'll always lose to them.
    We will lose to them. Every year book it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Go look at WSU?s INT stats last 5 years. Minshew only threw 9.

It?s all about the QB, we don?t have a good one right now.
    Watching him this week and even really last week he doesn't seem to have mastered the system or at least isn't completely comfortable in it. Physically he is a NFL talent. But his decision making has been lacking. I think he will become more confident as the season goes along. If he doesn't we may have to roll with Will Rogers.

vCash
    We will lose to them. Every year book it
    They'll have a new DC next year and probably a new OC (they'll both get better gigs). We won't necessarily lose to them because our team will be more acclimated to the system. You're just reacting based on emotions right now.

vCash
    They'll have a new DC next year and probably a new OC (they'll both get better gigs). We won't necessarily lose to them because our team will be more acclimated to the system. You're just reacting based on emotions right now.
    We will lose coaches too and they will out recruit us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He has injuries at Stanford. Not an excuse but that is probably a factor in his decision making. And yes, he absolutely should 100% know where the sticks are and do what he needs to do to get the first down.
    K.J. was humbled today, and it's only going to get harder for him. We'll improve. Leach has never had talent like this before. But this team is playing in an entirely new system and just faced a defense they've never seen before. We didn't all predict a 4-6 season for nothing. May e having the spotlight off these guys will make them hungrier. But I know one thing, PRESTON needs to play more. That guy attacks the ball and isn't afraid to hit.

vCash
    We will lose coaches too and they will out recruit us.
    Doubt it..... our OC is our head coach and our DC needs a few more seasons to prove himself. Also, Arky is recruiting against A&M, Texas, and LSU. How many 4 stars do they have committed?

vCash
    Doubt it..... our OC is our head coach and our DC needs a few more seasons to prove himself. Also, Arky is recruiting against A&M, Texas, and LSU. How many 4 stars do they have committed?
    Arnett isn't going to be here a few more seasons. Look who we recruit against though

vCash
    K.J. was humbled today, and it's only going to get harder for him. We'll improve. Leach has never had talent like this before. But this team is playing in an entirely new system and just faced a defense they've never seen before. We didn't all predict a 4-6 season for nothing. May e having the spotlight off these guys will make them hungrier. But I know one thing, PRESTON needs to play more. That guy attacks the ball and isn't afraid to hit.
    I don't know what KJ's problem is. I think he got greedy looking for deep balls instead of checking it down. And had he checked it down more it would have opened the deep passing game. And that's where Kylin being out really hurt us. He is an incredibly dangerous option as a check down.

I feel like today was more a perfect storm than anything else. If Kylin is healthy then maybe K.J. would have felt more comfortable going to him than one of our freshmen who aren't as proven. That's kind of what happened against LSU. Kylin burned them for a TD and then we got into a rhythm.

I'm pleased with the defense for the most part and Preston is really good. Totally agree there. And honestly from the stands I didn't feel like the team didn't play hard or anything like that. Our QB had a terrible day and our RB who is our most explosive player got hurt and we couldn't use him to take pressure off of KJ.

vCash
    Arnett isn't going to be here a few more seasons. Look who we recruit against though
    OM?