Thread: Honeymoon Officially Over?

vCash

Honeymoon Officially Over?

Is it safe to say the honeymoon is officially over after only 2 games? 8 turnovers in 2 games...not going to win a lot in the SEC doing that. I know it's early, but damn we just let Arkansas have their first SEC win since 2017...at home. Leach is making $5 mil a year, with that salary he at minimum needs to be .500 in sec play....(4-4 in normal years)

vCash
    Probably. But honestly in the long run I think Leach needed this and this team needed this.

We weren't going to do anything big this year. But Leach ate it up a little too much this week and this young team doesn't know how to win yet. Proof tonight.

Long term, Leach is going to have to change a little to be successful. He's going to have to settle in and get a routine going where there aren't too many weekly ups and downs by him.

It's gonna take time to teach this old dog new tricks. But hopefully he will learn and this team will hopefully be better for it.

vCash
    Leach probably knows his future is at stake here. This was Arkansas...... ****ing Arkansas!!! *******ED ARKANSAS

vCash
    How soon we forget what JoMo put on the field for 2 years. Leach maybe could have called a few plays or situations differently, but Mr. West coast Needs to get his shit together and quit throwing picks. PICK 6s especially! Ugly game but no one expected anything to begin with so why the disappointment? Should have lost last week, should have won this week. By most accounts we are where 99% thought we would be record wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Leach probably knows his future is at stake here. This was Arkansas...... ****ing Arkansas!!! *******ED ARKANSAS
    It can get worse...we play Vandy this year also...

vCash
    The annual Leach clunker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    The annual Leach clunker.
    There will be more to come

vCash
    I'm singing one of BB King's old songs right now, "The Thrill Is Gone"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    How soon we forget what JoMo put on the field for 2 years. Leach maybe could have called a few plays or situations differently, but Mr. West coast Needs to get his shit together and quit throwing picks. PICK 6s especially! Ugly game but no one expected anything to begin with so why the disappointment? Should have lost last week, should have won this week. By most accounts we are where 99% thought we would be record wise.
    Oh believe me I know JoMo was terrible, he took the 2018 corvette of a team and drove it into a damn wall. But he get's the benefit of the doubt of not having any prior head coaching experience (at the FBS level). Leach has been doing this for basically 20 years as a head coach, and we just lost to the equivalent of Kansas...let that sink in...at home...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Oh believe me I know JoMo was terrible, he took the 2018 corvette of a team and drove it into a damn wall. But he get's the benefit of the doubt of not having any prior head coaching experience (at the FBS level). Leach has been doing this for basically 20 years as a head coach, and we just lost to the equivalent of Kansas...let that sink in...at home...
    I get it, rough night. Tis the life of a state fan, it ain't for the faint of heart!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    There will be more to come
    I have no doubt. Not saying I?m disappointed with the hire, but our coach we should?ve hired 3 years ago is now in morgantown West Virginia