Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am MORE optimistic about our future with Leach after that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    And I would not trade it for anything. I hope he?s our coach the next 20 years.
    Might as well, we aren't going anywhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    The analytics don't take into account how well the D was playing in the 4th, they couldn't move the damn ball, we take the points and keep taking them and we have the lead...pretty simple. As I said he only would have had to kick once on any of the three possessions (including the one we should have had with the muff punt) and we only would have needed a TD for the lead on either of the other 2, it was dumb and he did it twice....and he pulls this crap everywhere he goes, always has, always will
    it is dumb in your short sighted opinion. My opinion and analytics say it was a good decision and bad execution. We will win 10 games with Leach at some point in the next 3-5 years if this coaching staff can recruit well. I simply do not want to ever see a FG unit trot onto the field in an SEC game on 4th and 2 or shorter on the opponents end of the field ever. We will agree to disagree.

vCash
    There’s ZERO positives you can take away from tonight if you’re sane and sober.

There was nothing good about tonight. Honeymoon is over. We play like this against UK and they’ll beat us waaayyyyyy worse than 7 points. Gonna be a hell of a week at practice I’d think.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If we take the points, it's a 1 point game with plenty of time. If we leave Williams returning punts, we have the ball around the 50 and need about 15 yards to get in Ruiz range. It's bad coaching.
    This all day. Going for it with Hill in the game and without KJ sliding and ducking anytime someone is near him is one thing, but in this kind of game where our defense is holding you take the damn points every time you can get them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Statecoachingblows** View Post
    How many times have we sniffed Atlanta in the previous 20?
    It should be 2...2014 and 2018 (had Mullen stayed, the offense would have been competent enough with that 2018 championship caliber defense, we could have made some noise, we will never know)

Edit: I'm also going to say 2010 had Cam Newton came to play at State...so 3 possibly
    Last edited by Charlie_Sheen420; 10-03-2020 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We couldn't even make the easy plays to move the ****ing chains. We're ****ed
    The first line in this thread referenced emotional teenage girls I guess I should have just said Bothrops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    This all day. Going for it with Hill in the game and without KJ sliding and ducking anytime someone is near him is one thing, but in this kind of game where our defense is holding you take the damn points every time you can get them.
    You need to take into account the analytics!!!!!***

vCash
    While tonight was far from Leach's finest hour, he made put us in position to scrape out a win but we didn't execute. I'll go ahead and predict a W next week against Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    The first line in this thread referenced emotional teenage girls I guess I should have just said Bothrops.
    Slumpbuster U, baby

vCash
    What's the Sabermetrics equivalent for football?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Allright you emotional teenage girls. Here's the rundown:

Yes losing always sucks but

1) our D is way ahead of schedule. We're supposed to be mad our Secondary gets burned occasionally? We're starting true freshman and walk ons...
    2) Our best offensive player went down in the first 5 minutes and we had 2 true freshman running backs the rest of the game, Dillon J is a nice surprise. Kylin would have eaten big during this game.
    3) Our rent-a-QB played bad. Made bad decisions. The plays were there to be made. Leach created good opportunities for him, but his first time to see a zone was just tough on him. I liked our second half adjustments, but again KJ just made bad decisions.
    4) Love the aggressiveness going for it on 4th downs. You want to continue to compete with LSU's and Auburn's and Bama's in the future? That's the type of mindset you have to have. Again the plays were THERE to be made, KJ made poor decisions and our true freshman rb didn't make a play that our Kylin would have probably made.

If we just don't turn the ball over we win. It's as simple as that. That is fixable. if Will Rogers is as advertised we are going to win a ton of games the next 4 years.
    Opioid addiction is a bad thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    While tonight was far from Leach's finest hour, he made put us in position to scrape out a win but we didn't execute. I'll go ahead and predict a W next week against Kentucky.
    Kentucky is meh, but we'll have to see if our transfer can get all the crying out of his system by then. Even still it'll be a dog fight.

vCash
    Yep. Pac football means hanging out a little bit and thinking about things for about 15 seconds before you have to make a decision. In the SEC you have two seconds and then you better put your head down and do your job when you have to. The only reason they are even playing football this year is because of the SEC and ACC.

vCash
    It should be 2...2014 and 2018 (had Mullen stayed, the offense would have been competent enough with that 2018 championship caliber defense, we could have made some noise, we will never know)

Edit: I'm also going to say 2010 had Cam Newton came to play at State...so 3 possibly

Should But we didn't. We should have won tonight. IF IF IF.

I'd rather have this hiccup than knowing we beat lesser teams but basically accepting defeat before kickoff to the LSUs and Bamas. At least we have a chance, and that's all I want in all reality. I want to have hope and not just expect to get our ass kicked. K.J. shit the bed tonight. This Arkansas team isn't the same one sloppy joe beat.

vCash

I'd rather have this hiccup than knowing we beat lesser teams but basically accepting defeat before kickoff to the LSUs and Bamas. At least we have a chance, and that's all I want in all reality. I want to have hope and not just expect to get our ass kicked. K.J. shit the bed tonight. This Arkansas team isn't the same one sloppy joe beat.
    What do you think would have happened last week if LSU played the same defensive scheme that Arkansas did?

vCash

This Arkansas is basically the same team with the addition of Franks....watch Auburn win by at least 21 on them next week...

vCash
    What do you think would have happened last week if LSU played the same defensive scheme that Arkansas did?
    We lose

vCash

Yep, if you told me we are 1-1 at the beginning of the season and both games were close games I would have said great because before the season I would have thought that meant that we played LSU close which is what I want. We will of course lose to Bama and UGA but I have seen nothing that shows that we won't play our tails off in those games. After tonight, I also don't see any reason why we won't be in a dog fight with Auburn late. For this season to still turn out well, KJ just has to play better or let's just start the Will Rogers era early.

vCash
    We probably lose, and we probably lose even with that same defense + Stingley + a full house crowd.. but it would have been close. On the flip side, we probably win this game because KJ and our team doesn't get sunshined pumped all week. When was the last time State played well after being sunshine pumped all week by national media?

Hindsight doesn't matter. We were destined to be 1-1 after this game and I'll take it in year 1.

vCash
    I guess since everything sucks today we would have lost.

We didn't execute tonight but we didn't look like an 8th grade pop warner team so it's still an improvement from the last couple years.