Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am MORE optimistic about our future with Leach after that game.

vCash

I am MORE optimistic about our future with Leach after that game.

Allright you emotional teenage girls. Here's the rundown:

Yes losing always sucks but

1) our D is way ahead of schedule. We're supposed to be mad our Secondary gets burned occasionally? We're starting true freshman and walk ons...
    2) Our best offensive player went down in the first 5 minutes and we had 2 true freshman running backs the rest of the game, Dillon J is a nice surprise. Kylin would have eaten big during this game.
    3) Our rent-a-QB played bad. Made bad decisions. The plays were there to be made. Leach created good opportunities for him, but his first time to see a zone was just tough on him. I liked our second half adjustments, but again KJ just made bad decisions.
    4) Love the aggressiveness going for it on 4th downs. You want to continue to compete with LSU's and Auburn's and Bama's in the future? That's the type of mindset you have to have. Again the plays were THERE to be made, KJ made poor decisions and our true freshman rb didn't make a play that our Kylin would have probably made.

If we just don't turn the ball over we win. It's as simple as that. That is fixable. if Will Rogers is as advertised we are going to win a ton of games the next 4 years.

vCash
    I?ll have what you?re having.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Allright you emotional teenage girls. Here's the rundown:

Yes losing always sucks but

1) our D is way ahead of schedule. We're supposed to be mad our Secondary gets burned occasionally? We're starting true freshman and walk ons...
    2) Our best offensive player went down in the first 5 minutes and we had 2 true freshman running backs the rest of the game, Dillon J is a nice surprise. Kylin would have eaten big during this game.
    3) Our rent-a-QB played bad. Made bad decisions. The plays were there to be made. Leach created good opportunities for him, but his first time to see a zone was just tough on him. I liked our second half adjustments, but again KJ just made bad decisions.
    4) Love the aggressiveness going for it on 4th downs. You want to continue to compete with LSU's and Auburn's and Bama's in the future? That's the type of mindset you have to have. Again the plays were THERE to be made, KJ made poor decisions and our true freshman rb didn't make a play that our Kylin would have probably made.

If we just don't turn the ball over we win. It's as simple as that. That is fixable. if Will Rogers is as advertised we are going to win a ton of games the next 4 years.
    See the reason for adding alcohol to the stadium this year now.

vCash
    You can say hindsight is 20/20 all you want, Leach should have taken the points twice when down in the redzone and got a fgs, be down one. And then if Austin Williams is out there, we take the fair catch and only need a fg for the lead. Why the hell Walley was out there I will never know. Even with all the bs at the end, if we had just taken the damn points, we only would have needed to get in fg range in 25 seconds for a win. Did this team deserve to win after 4 turnovers? Hell no, but we would have still had a shot. These are the kind of calls Leach is going to make and he is not changing so be ready to pull your damn hair out....

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree. Think about this one more time. 4 turnovers. 2 turnovers on downs. A muffed punt, and we still could have won this thing. Not picking up that last 1st down on KJs slide hurt. I am cool with him saving his ass when the game is not literally on the line....but that was the game.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    In my opinion, going for it on 4th down was absolutely the right call. I can't believe people are even debating that. Now the run up the middle, that's something to question.

Putting a true freshman on Punt return is a horrible decision..always.

Saw a good tweet, we've gotten the full Mike Leach experience in only 2 weeks. This is what you get with Leach. At least it's entertaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    You can say hindsight is 20/20 all you want, Leach should have taken the points twice when down in the redzone and got a fgs, be down one. And then if Austin Williams is out there, we take the fair catch and only need a fg for the lead. Why the hell Walley was out there I will never know. Even with all the bs at the end, if we had just taken the damn points, we only would have needed to get in fg range in 25 seconds for a win. Did this team deserve to win after 4 turnovers? Hell no, but we would have still had a shot. These are the kind of calls Leach is going to make and he is not changing so be ready to pull your damn hair out....
    Well you said I can say hindsight is 20/20 all i want soooo hindsight is 20/20. The analtyics is clear. Leaches decisions were the correct decisions. That 4th and 1 pass play to Walley(?) was a great play call. It was a bad throw and even then it could have been caught.

vCash
    Yeah, in no way is being Arkansas' first win in 3 years a good thing. It's embarrassing.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    This entire game reminded me of some WSU comments about Leach, about how he will piss you off with his play calling at times, and how the offense looks bad ass and terrible sometimes without real clear difference in circumstances. That is what this reminds me of. We all heard all week how Ark and pretty much everyone else in the entire league is going to drop 8 on us every single down, and yet we didn't know exactly how to attack it. Never did we try to bust the zone on top to just stretch the field on iota.

Saying all that, I realize Kylin was out the entire game and that made a huge difference, no doubt.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    If we take the points, it's a 1 point game with plenty of time. If we leave Williams returning punts, we have the ball around the 50 and need about 15 yards to get in Ruiz range. It's bad coaching.

vCash
    Well you said I can say hindsight is 20/20 all i want soooo hindsight is 20/20. The analtyics is clear. Leaches decisions were the correct decisions. That 4th and 1 pass play to Walley(?) was a great play call. It was a bad throw and even then it could have been caught.
    If he had just kicked it on one of the possessions we would have been going for the lead with a TD, it was dumbass call, and he did it twice and failed....

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    In my opinion, going for it on 4th down was absolutely the right call. I can't believe people are even debating that. Now the run up the middle, that's something to question.

Putting a true freshman on Punt return is a horrible decision..always.

Saw a good tweet, we've gotten the full Mike Leach experience in only 2 weeks. This is what you get with Leach. At least it's entertaining.
    And I would not trade it for anything. I hope he?s our coach the next 20 years.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    If he had just kicked it on one of the possessions we would have been going for the lead with a TD, it was dumbass call, and he did it twice and failed....
    This is just where we differ. Once you reach mid field and you are 4th and 3 and shorter I'm pretty much always game with going for it... and the analytics back this up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well that's fine but do not expect to sniff Atlanta in those 20 years....plenty of 4-4 Sec seasons ahead. I was optimistic and would hope you know maybe with SEC caliber players he wouldn't lose these unexpected games...he's already answered that in 2 weeks. He blew a 32 point lead to UCLA LAST YEAR....he ain't changing....he is what he is...

vCash
    This is just where we differ. Once you reach mid field and you are 4th and 3 and shorter I'm pretty much always game with going for it... and the analytics back this up.
    The analytics don't take into account how well the D was playing in the 4th, they couldn't move the damn ball, we take the points and keep taking them and we have the lead...pretty simple. As I said he only would have had to kick once on any of the three possessions (including the one we should have had with the muff punt) and we only would have needed a TD for the lead on either of the other 2, it was dumb and he did it twice....and he pulls this crap everywhere he goes, always has, always will

vCash
    Well that's fine but do not expect to sniff Atlanta in those 20 years....plenty of 4-4 Sec seasons ahead. is...
    As long as Saban is at Bama, State isn't sniffing Atlanta anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    3 for 3 tonight... well i think i agree. I dont know about 20 but I believe we will know all we need to know by year 5... if he's battling with Bama / LSU regular at that time.
    I still believe in him after tonight. A lot of bad decisions tonight were made by Costello in his execution at critical times.

vCash
    Leach experiment will bring heart attacks and kicks in the balls weekly to this fanbase. Our qb is a bit of a ***** and we won't win shit this year. It's a gimmick job. I am so ****ing pissed off. Slumpbuster U.

vCash
    We couldn't even make the easy plays to move the ****ing chains. We're ****ed

vCash
    Well that's fine but do not expect to sniff Atlanta in those 20 years....plenty of 4-4 Sec seasons ahead. I was optimistic and would hope you know maybe with SEC caliber players he wouldn't lose these unexpected games...he's already answered that in 2 weeks. He blew a 32 point lead to UCLA LAST YEAR....he ain't changing....he is what he is...
    How many times have we sniffed Atlanta in the previous 20?