Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am MORE optimistic about our future with Leach after that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Yep, if you told me we are 1-1 at the beginning of the season and both games were close games I would have said great because before the season I would have thought that meant that we played LSU close which is what I want. We will of course lose to Bama and UGA but I have seen nothing that shows that we won't play our tails off in those games. After tonight, I also don't see any reason why we won't be in a dog fight with Auburn late. For this season to still turn out well, KJ just has to play better or let's just start the Will Rogers era early.
    You don't understand....we just got beat by ARKANSAS....at HOME. We basically lost to KANSAS!!! The rest of the defenses of the SEC are going to be a hell of a lot tougher than ARKANSAS. The only reason we beat LSU was because Pellini never adjusted like an idiot. We should have lost that game turning the ball over 4 damn times. This team will be lucky to win 1 to 2 more games. And the problem is this is Leach's system...it's not going to change...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    You don't understand....we just got beat by ARKANSAS....at HOME. We basically lost to KANSAS!!! The rest of the defenses of the SEC are going to be a hell of a lot tougher than ARKANSAS. The only reason we beat LSU was because Pellini never adjusted like an idiot. We should have lost that game turning the ball over 4 damn times. This team will be lucky to win 1 to 2 more games. And the problem is this is Leach's system...it's not going to change...
    Your ramblings make no sense. "We should have lost that game (LSU) turning the ball over 4 times"? How about we could have beaten LSU even worse had we not turned the ball over. What exactly is the problem with Leach's system? Our team plays as hard as we did in ******* best years, our D is way ahead of schedule, and our Offense had plenty of plays to be made with a QB that makes good decisions. And Ark was beating UGA in the first half, they have 2 great coordinators and finally found what seems to be a decent coach. We lost the game because of poor QB decisions, thats it. I'm looking long term, your looking at 1 game. Based off what I've seen in 2 games, we will have a chance to win every game the rest of the year excluding bama and uga. We will see how many we win or lose but I am excited about fielding a competitive team game in and game out after the last 2 years of JoeMo.

vCash
    Your ramblings make no sense. "We should have lost that game (LSU) turning the ball over 4 times"? How about we could have beaten LSU even worse had we not turned the ball over. What exactly is the problem with Leach's system? Our team plays as hard as we did in ******* best years, our D is way ahead of schedule, and our Offense had plenty of plays to be made with a QB that makes good decisions. And Ark was beating UGA in the first half, they have 2 great coordinators and finally found what seems to be a decent coach. We lost the game because of poor QB decisions, thats it. I'm looking long term, your looking at 1 game. Based off what I've seen in 2 games, we will have a chance to win every game the rest of the year excluding bama and uga. We will see how many we win or lose but I am excited about fielding a competitive team game in and game out after the last 2 years of JoeMo.
    Based on analytics, we are turning the ball over at least 4 times a game, so far we are 100% on that through 2 games....we are not winning many games doing that, and the defenses we will be playing are going to be a hell of a lot better than Arkansas, so watch the turnovers continue to add up.
    The problem with Leach's system isn't a problem with his system, it's a problem with his in game decisions which are not going to change. You take the damn points when you get them, and when you have a lead late you run the clock. Through his entire coaching career he never adjusts to do this late in the game. He's not going to change and it will cost this team wins that should be easily avoidable. We had a big lead on LSU in the 4th last week, and instead of running clock, he keeps doing his thing leading to 2 turnovers in 3 plays letting LSU back in the game. Tonight when he can take points, he instead goes for it on 4th and fails. These 2 past games are a microcosm of his career and he never adjusts....I've never seen a team blow a 32 point lead before, but damn sure enough he did it last year against UCLA because he would not run clock, he will do the same thing here...

vCash
    Allright you emotional teenage girls. Here's the rundown:

Yes losing always sucks but

1) our D is way ahead of schedule. We're supposed to be mad our Secondary gets burned occasionally? We're starting true freshman and walk ons...
    2) Our best offensive player went down in the first 5 minutes and we had 2 true freshman running backs the rest of the game, Dillon J is a nice surprise. Kylin would have eaten big during this game.
    3) Our rent-a-QB played bad. Made bad decisions. The plays were there to be made. Leach created good opportunities for him, but his first time to see a zone was just tough on him. I liked our second half adjustments, but again KJ just made bad decisions.
    4) Love the aggressiveness going for it on 4th downs. You want to continue to compete with LSU's and Auburn's and Bama's in the future? That's the type of mindset you have to have. Again the plays were THERE to be made, KJ made poor decisions and our true freshman rb didn't make a play that our Kylin would have probably made.

If we just don't turn the ball over we win. It's as simple as that. That is fixable. if Will Rogers is as advertised we are going to win a ton of games the next 4 years.
    This is spot on. You hate to blame a player, and KJ probably won it last week for us but he lost it this week for us. If your QB has an off night in the air raid you are going to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    This is spot on. You hate to blame a player, and KJ probably won it last week for us but he lost it this week for us. If your QB has an off night in the air raid you are going to lose.
    Not completely true..... we ran the ball more tonight. You can be off and still win. K.J. literally freaked out when his first receiver option wasn't open.

vCash
    Allright you emotional teenage girls. Here's the rundown:

Yes losing always sucks but

1) our D is way ahead of schedule. We're supposed to be mad our Secondary gets burned occasionally? We're starting true freshman and walk ons...
    2) Our best offensive player went down in the first 5 minutes and we had 2 true freshman running backs the rest of the game, Dillon J is a nice surprise. Kylin would have eaten big during this game.
    3) Our rent-a-QB played bad. Made bad decisions. The plays were there to be made. Leach created good opportunities for him, but his first time to see a zone was just tough on him. I liked our second half adjustments, but again KJ just made bad decisions.
    4) Love the aggressiveness going for it on 4th downs. You want to continue to compete with LSU's and Auburn's and Bama's in the future? That's the type of mindset you have to have. Again the plays were THERE to be made, KJ made poor decisions and our true freshman rb didn't make a play that our Kylin would have probably made.

If we just don't turn the ball over we win. It's as simple as that. That is fixable. if Will Rogers is as advertised we are going to win a ton of games the next 4 years.
    No.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like losing a few prospects to them in recruiting has come back to bite a little bit as well. How many guys contributed tonight for them that were either committed to MSU or heavily interested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    No.
    Not tonight dude
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Based on analytics, we are turning the ball over at least 4 times a game, so far we are 100% on that through 2 games....we are not winning many games doing that, and the defenses we will be playing are going to be a hell of a lot better than Arkansas, so watch the turnovers continue to add up.
    The problem with Leach's system isn't a problem with his system, it's a problem with his in game decisions which are not going to change. You take the damn points when you get them, and when you have a lead late you run the clock. Through his entire coaching career he never adjusts to do this late in the game. He's not going to change and it will cost this team wins that should be easily avoidable. We had a big lead on LSU in the 4th last week, and instead of running clock, he keeps doing his thing leading to 2 turnovers in 3 plays letting LSU back in the game. Tonight when he can take points, he instead goes for it on 4th and fails. These 2 past games are a microcosm of his career and he never adjusts....I've never seen a team blow a 32 point lead before, but damn sure enough he did it last year against UCLA because he would not run clock, he will do the same thing here...
    If K.J. continues to throw interceptions Leach will sit him. Leach's system is very quarterback driven and the QB makes a lot of the calls and the QB has to make the right decisions within the play as it develops. K.J. didn't do that tonight and again if he doesn't improve he will sit.

Leach fired his DC after that 32 point blown lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I agree. Think about this one more time. 4 turnovers. 2 turnovers on downs. A muffed punt, and we still could have won this thing. Not picking up that last 1st down on KJs slide hurt. I am cool with him saving his ass when the game is not literally on the line....but that was the game.
    It was helicopter time at that point.

vCash
    You can say hindsight is 20/20 all you want, Leach should have taken the points twice when down in the redzone and got a fgs, be down one. And then if Austin Williams is out there, we take the fair catch and only need a fg for the lead. Why the hell Walley was out there I will never know. Even with all the bs at the end, if we had just taken the damn points, we only would have needed to get in fg range in 25 seconds for a win. Did this team deserve to win after 4 turnovers? Hell no, but we would have still had a shot. These are the kind of calls Leach is going to make and he is not changing so be ready to pull your damn hair out....
    There is a reason the top 10 or more leaders in points in the NFL are kickers.