Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU take

vCash
    Defensively we just need our DL and LB's to keep being a a big factor. The secondary just is what it is, there are some young guys playing hard for us back there but they're just going to get burned at times this year, just have to protect those guys with pressure as best as we can. If teams are able to whip us at the line of scrimmage then our defense will be in trouble. I think we should be fine on that front against Arkansas but Kentucky will be a big test. I expect them to try and run it down our throats and play keep away with the occasional deep shot off play action. Very similar to what they did when we played them in 2018, and it worked that night against a better defense than this one. Obviously our offense is much better now, but the power run is Stoops's bread and butter and UK is strong at the line of scrimmage this year. We'll worry about that more next week but I do think that's going to be our next big challenge on defense.

Just want to see consistency this week on D. Against LSU I thought our tackling and pressure was very good, coverage was hit or miss. Get a little bit better this week and then build some more confidence as we head into what will be a tough road game in Lexington. Arkansas has some talent at the skill positions so they're capable of hurting us a bit if we play poorly. But if we are good up front again then I don't see us having a ton of issues.
    Last edited by Captain Falcon; 10-01-2020 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    1 game sample size but biggest difference on D for me is that guys that we just assumed were what they were are much improved: Kobe, Spencer, Peters, Preston (although he did decent at the end of the year last year) etc. Also young guys and new-comers were a lot more ready than we expected: Crumedy, Pickering, Brule, Wheat, Davis etc. Hell even our freshman looked ready when their number was called. Credit the new coaching staff for getting that out of all these guys instead of waiting and hoping for it to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    1 game sample size but biggest difference on D for me is that guys that we just assumed were what they were are much improved: Kobe, Spencer, Peters, Preston (although he did decent at the end of the year last year) etc. Also young guys and new-comers were a lot more ready than we expected: Crumedy, Pickering, Brule, Wheat, Davis etc. Hell even our freshman looked ready when their number was called. Credit the new coaching staff for getting that out of all these guys instead of waiting and hoping for it to happen.
    Don't forget Errol. I'm still a little worried about LSU's OL being bad more than our DL being improved, but Errol regressing hurt the defense last year. Not sure if it was the terrible S&C program or just the scheme putting him in bad position or asking him to do things he can't do, but based on teh samll sample size we have so far, it doesn't look like that's going to be a problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Defensively we just need our DL and LB's to keep being a a big factor. The secondary just is what it is, there are some young guys playing hard for us back there but they're just going to get burned at times this year, just have to protect those guys with pressure as best as we can. If teams are able to whip us at the line of scrimmage then our defense will be in trouble. I think we should be fine on that front against Arkansas but Kentucky will be a big test. I expect them to try and run it down our throats and play keep away with the occasional deep shot off play action. Very similar to what they did when we played them in 2018, and it worked that night against a better defense than this one. Obviously our offense is much better now, but the power run is Stoops's bread and butter and UK is strong at the line of scrimmage this year. We'll worry about that more next week but I do think that's going to be our next big challenge on defense.

Just want to see consistency this week on D. Against LSU I thought our tackling and pressure was very good, coverage was hit or miss. Get a little bit better this week and then build some more confidence as we head into what will be a tough road game in Lexington. Arkansas has some talent at the skill positions so they're capable of hurting us a bit if we play poorly. But if we are good up front again then I don't see us having a ton of issues.
    It didn't really work. THey were given a couple of scores early by some terrible calls that probably went against us because our team was undisciplined and acting like asses. But we mostly shut them down and got the ball back for the offense quickly. It's just our offense just even be mildly competent, so our D wore out around the end of the third quarter after playing most of the first three quarters. I don't think we'll have a problem with our offense being mildly competent. Just have to worry about our D wearing out anyway because we don't have depth.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    As for kj, maybe so, maybe he clicked, he was a step slow making a throw when I saw him and he was stil ahead of our d. Thus my concerns. W that said, I was just as concerned that we wouldn't stop the run. And we had a great package this week to stop them. We still have no depth for a team that pounds us over and over....!either way game one was good I'll take it!!
    That is the thing tho. This isnt 1995 or even 2005. I dont think there is a team anymore that has the mentality to pound it.

No team ran for 200 yards last week. The top rushing team in attempts last week was Ole Miss and I dont think anybody really fears their rushing attack.

The rushing numbers were downright ugly last week. Only 3 teams averaged more than 4 yards per carry.

It is just not an identity anymore. Everybody wants to pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiteDog View Post
    That is the thing tho. This isnt 1995 or even 2005. I dont think there is a team anymore that has the mentality to pound it.

No team ran for 200 yards last week. The top rushing team in attempts last week was Ole Miss and I dont think anybody really fears their rushing attack.

The rushing numbers were downright ugly last week. Only 3 teams averaged more than 4 yards per carry.

It is just not an identity anymore. Everybody wants to pass.
    Welcome to football 2020!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It didn't really work. THey were given a couple of scores early by some terrible calls that probably went against us because our team was undisciplined and acting like asses. But we mostly shut them down and got the ball back for the offense quickly. It's just our offense just even be mildly competent, so our D wore out around the end of the third quarter after playing most of the first three quarters. I don't think we'll have a problem with our offense being mildly competent. Just have to worry about our D wearing out anyway because we don't have depth.
    It didn't help that JoeMo had Fitz throwing 20-30 yard passes and never running with the ball in a rainstorm.

vCash
    Guess it takes 4 days to remove egg from face?

vCash
    WR I think I saw GS rush the punter on one play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Nope. I don't have any egg on my face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nope. I don't have any egg on my face.

vCash
    The guy who was wrong to begin with is not nearly as annoying as the guy who constantly brags about the guy being wrong. 90% of your posts fit that mold. Let it go. Enjoy the win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The guy who was wrong to begin with is not nearly as annoying as the guy who constantly brags about the guy being wrong. 90% of your posts fit that mold. Let it go. Enjoy the win.
    The day I start taking advice from you, or your ilk, is the day I start rooting for OM. Which is never. So, go to hell brah, and 17 these "know-it-all" fans that shit on State and the fans that are optimistic! Ignore me if you don't like it.

vCash
    The day I start taking advice from you, or your ilk, is the day I start rooting for OM. Which is never. So, go to hell brah, and 17 these "know-it-all" fans that shit on State and the fans that are optimistic!
    Haha. Okay. So you claim others are know-it-alls, while at the same time berating people who are wrong. It's a message board man. Half the shit people say on here ends up being wrong. Being negative isn't shitting on state. That's where you're confused old man.

vCash
    Haha. Okay. So you claim others are know-it-alls, while at the same time berating people who are wrong. It's a message board man. Half the shit people say on here ends up being wrong. Being negative isn't shitting on state. That's where you're confused old man.
    OMG (that's hip with the younger generation) no, I was only "bashing" the self-anointed "know-it-all's" that were epically wrong last week. It's so fun. Just like toying with you. Don't worry about me, I'm Soooo enjoying our win!

vCash
    OMG (that's hip with the younger generation) no, I was only "bashing" the self-anointed "know-it-all's" that were epically wrong last week. It's so fun. Just like toying with you. Don't worry about me, I'm Soooo enjoying our win!
    7 was right. You are an angry little elf.

vCash
    If you are big enough to be an arrogant ass AND WRONG then be big enough to take the beating for being that way.

And saying "half the shit people say ends up being wrong" doesn't fly when they can't take what they dish out.

Grow some thicker skin or stfu.

vCash
    7 was right. You are an angry little elf.
    Weak. But I'll take it as your peace offering. But, before I go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    If you are big enough to be an arrogant ass AND WRONG then be big enough to take the beating for being that way.

And saying "half the shit people say ends up being wrong" doesn't fly when they can't take what they dish out.

Grow some thicker skin or stfu.
    I don't see anyone not being able to take a beating. But the only time the dude shows up is to point out when someone is wrong. That's his only contribution to the board. And nah, I'm good.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Don't forget Errol. I'm still a little worried about LSU's OL being bad more than our DL being improved, but Errol regressing hurt the defense last year. Not sure if it was the terrible S&C program or just the scheme putting him in bad position or asking him to do things he can't do, but based on teh samll sample size we have so far, it doesn't look like that's going to be a problem.
    Half of Errol issue last year is he was theoretically trying to cover for Gay and the other Chemistry 10 not being on the field. We effectively played with only 73 schollies last year and most of those were the parts of the defense that would help Errol. That and he was noticeably a step or two fat slow. Mostly because he was trying to do too much. Hence why he was always behind the play. IMHO.

Either way, Brule needs some recognition. Other than the cramp he had, dude was all over the place. Bet ole St Stanislaus dude still has daytime terrors of him flashing in his face all day.
    Downvotes_Hype