Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 percent capacity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I’m just saying it would not be hard to get rid of the tickets the week after we upset the #6 team in the country. If we have any left over add to the student ticket population and they would sell.
    Would they though? I mean I think you'd get a little bit more reaction and buy in but I don't know how much more. I mean god forbid we keep from the bars or house parties. This is a different student population than we've ever had and it's a different Starkville. These kids don't remember the end of Jackie and Croom. These are Dan Mullen MSU kids. They've only ever known us to be good. In the 2000s and early 2010s MSU was the only show in town. You had 2-3 bars and you went there after the games. Now I'd bet that more kids go for a quarter and then go drink at the bars for the rest of the game if they go to the game at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They wouldn't show up if it was too hot, too cold, not a good opponent, couldn't sit with their friends, game was too early......am I leaving any of their usual excuses out? It took them two days to sell their 25% allotment of tickets. In the past we've sold the whole allotment in 4 hours. Don't give them anymore til they prove they can show up and stay.
    In their defense they have had Covid fear drilled into their brains by the school and faculty. We have several interns from MSU this semester and I really feel for them. It's not talked about a whole lot but our college students are dealing with a lot of crap from many opposing sides at an age where they are supposed to be trying new things and learning about themselves. This is really wearing on them. I mean, it's having a profound impact on them. Hell, we have highschool seniors that didn't even get a senior year last year and it's looking like a bunch of the same for this year also. I really hate it for them. All of this bs that has been going on the past year will have ramifications on our children and young adults for years to come...more than it will for those of us that are already adults.

vCash
    Would they though? I mean I think you'd get a little bit more reaction and buy in but I don't know how much more. I mean god forbid we keep from the bars or house parties. This is a different student population than we've ever had and it's a different Starkville. These kids don't remember the end of Jackie and Croom. These are Dan Mullen MSU kids. They've only ever known us to be good. In the 2000s and early 2010s MSU was the only show in town. You had 2-3 bars and you went there after the games. Now I'd bet that more kids go for a quarter and then go drink at the bars for the rest of the game if they go to the game at all.
    Do most of the kids actually go to bars and drink? Most of them are under 21. Are the bars that loose with the law?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Yea they would. Part of the reason people didn’t want tickets at 25% is because the atmosphere was going to be trash. These kids also experienced 2 years of Moorhead so they aren’t all Mullen students.

vCash
    This is so damn dumb.
    Agreed. Stupid as heck!

vCash
    Mayor of Starkville has tweeted out the mandate still holds for Starkville. Not sure how she can supersede state law but it is what it is.

vCash
    from the new order;

m. College and University Outdoor Stadiums: Attendance at events held in college and
    university outdoor stadiums shall be permitted subject to the following limitations:
    i. Seating Capacity:
    1. Bowl seating: Bowl seating shall be limited to a maximum of 25%
    seating capacity depending on space available to ensure a minimum of
    six feet of social distancing between persons not in the same household.
    2. Club areas: Indoor club areas shall be limited to a maximum of 75%
    seating capacity depending on space available to ensure a minimum of
    six feet social distancing between persons not in the same household,
    with an additional 25% seating capacity in any outdoor seating areas.
    3. Suites: Suite capacity shall be limited to a maximum of 75% seated
    capacity (indoor and outdoor) depending on space available to ensure
    a minimum of six feet social distancing between persons not in the
    same household.
    ii. Outdoor Social Gatherings Around College and University Stadiums:
    All game day/event day social gatherings outside college and university
    stadiums shall be strictly prohibited. This prohibition applies to all tailgating,
    picnics, fanfare areas, and the like.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    We may have 8k in student ticket sells on regular years. Maybe 10k In really good years.

There isn't 8k students waiting to buy tickets. Especially when they are all driving back home every Thursday and Friday. At least the ones know aren't spending much time In Starkville, because of covid.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Before we beat LSU you would have been correct. If you gave people the option now, students or not, we would sell as many tickets as possible very quickly. If students had an actual reason to stay in Starkville on the weekends they would. I don’t look for part of that problem to change until after the election with Starkville’s current idiot mayor.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-30-2020 at 06:44 PM.

vCash
    Before we beat LSU you would have been correct. If you gave people the option now, students or not, we would sell as many tickets as possible very quickly. If students had an actual reason to stay in Starkville on the weekends they would. I don’t look for part of that problem to change until after the election with Starkville’s current idiot mayor.
    Did I imagine this or was it very controversial how she even got elected?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Mayor of Starkville has tweeted out the mandate still holds for Starkville. Not sure how she can supersede state law but it is what it is.
    Most cities are keeping the mandate. Rural areas are not. Then you e got the businesses that require them too.

vCash
    Oh man, the weather is going to be perfect Saturday night! October is my favorite month of the year; good weather, good football...