Thread: How many fans allowed in Davis Wade this week? What about tailgating?

vCash

How many fans allowed in Davis Wade this week? What about tailgating?

This defense and team needs some cowbell to urge them on.
    Enough of the forced submission.Let us go see our bullies.
    Are the numbers and restrictions set by SEC or is it state regulations ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    This defense and team needs some cowbell to urge them on.
    Enough of the forced submission.Let us go see our bullies.
    Are the numbers and restrictions set by SEC or is it state regulations ?
    Think the Gov. is still on 25% capacity

vCash
    I got my two tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I got my two tickets.
    Boy Auburn looked like packed the house Saturday? I don't understand some places with big chunks of stadium with whole sections empty. Be curious how State does this.

vCash
    Think..pretty sure that is a SEC rule.

vCash
    Opie mandated no tailgating. Sec rule is 25% capacity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Boy Auburn looked like packed the house Saturday? I don't understand some places with big chunks of stadium with whole sections empty. Be curious how State does this.
    Because some schools aren't selling out their reduced allotment. Some people are still taking covid very serious. They believe going to a game (with no atmosphere or tailgating and restricted activities) that you can see on TV isn't worth the risk or cost of a highly inflated ticket price or time.

Im sure the Alabama's CLemson's and FLorida's.....or even MSU's.....schools with real NC chances or schools with new and exciting energy will sell tickets. BUt those programs with stale coaches, players opting out, looking at .500 seasons.......it isn't worth the risk to some people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Opie mandated no tailgating. Sec rule is 25% capacity.

I am sure the 25% was from the Governor. I would bet my left nut if the Governor had said not one in the stadium there would be no one in the stadium no matter what the SEC.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-29-2020 at 07:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am sure the 25% was from the Governor. I would bet my left nut if the Governor had said not one in the stadium there would be no one in the stadium no matter what the SEC.
    Vandy is playing to an empty house (like normal) because of the mayors order.

vCash
    Are Stubhub tickets actual usable tickets still? Assuming only resale from those able to get them?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Because some schools aren't selling out their reduced allotment. Some people are still taking covid very serious. They believe going to a game (with no atmosphere or tailgating and restricted activities) that you can see on TV isn't worth the risk or cost of a highly inflated ticket price or time.

Im sure the Alabama's CLemson's and FLorida's.....or even MSU's.....schools with real NC chances or schools with new and exciting energy will sell tickets. BUt those programs with stale coaches, players opting out, looking at .500 seasons.......it isn't worth the risk to some people.
    Most people have tickets available because it's more fun to watch it at your house than to be in a high school atmosphere. If they opened it up to full capacity State would have a sellout this weekend. People (especially in the South) are over COVID. For anyone that isn't elderly they would basically all be at the game if given the option and they knew the atmosphere would be worth it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The 25 % is not by the SEC. Each state has their own capacity limit. As soon as one school ups the capacity, others will follow. No one in the SEC outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky are going to allow anyone else to have that advantage on them without having it themselves. The only question is who is going to have the balls to do it first. My gut says Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    The 25 % is not by the SEC. Each state has their own capacity limit. As soon as one school ups the capacity, others will follow. No one in the SEC outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky are going to allow anyone else to have that advantage on them without having it themselves. The only question is who is going to have the balls to do it first. My gut says Florida.
    Originally Alabama was only going to allow 20% but up it to 25% following other States.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Think..pretty sure that is a SEC rule.
    We all know the SEC tells Mississippi what we can do anyway.

vCash
    If everyone carries two cowbells.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If everyone carries two cowbells.
    Double clanger, Stingray style.

vCash
    I'm hoping by A&M we've opened it up a bit more maybe to 35-40%. Maybe by the end of the year we're close to 75-80%. I think 100% is a pipe dream for this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'm hoping by A&M we've opened it up a bit more maybe to 35-40%. Maybe by the end of the year we're close to 75-80%. I think 100% is a pipe dream for this year.
    If they do and some guy who opted out gets better seats then me I will let the AD know about it and I hope the other 13K will as well.

vCash
    I hope we see 50% by game 2.

It makes sense to do it going during the first full week of October. Ole Miss and State will have both played 1 home game. Therefore, any changes in attendance policy still allows both major schools 4 home games. High school football has been rolling in the state now for 6 weeks. I personally think it is time.

I would have no personal concerns going into a 55,000 seat stadium with 26,000 people in it. There would be plenty of space.