Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepare for Resentment from Other SEC Fan Bases

vCash

Prepare for Resentment from Other SEC Fan Bases

Not that it matters, but prepare for resentment from other SEC fan bases.

Most SEC fan bases have natural order of things and in their mind, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, in every other fan base's mind, they believe they are better than Mississippi State.

So when Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, etc win, it's not a big deal to those fan bases because it's fits their world view & maintains their school's status in their mind.

However, when MSU wins, as we saw with Mullen, they become angry because their own significance is disrupted. They believe they are better than MSU and that they deserve more than MSU. Thus when MSU wins, they get angry, hold resentment, and bitch, complain, & ultimately discredit everything MSU does.

Currently, they all think Leach is cute and funny, but soon it'll be their team that gets their ass run off the field, and the resentment and anger will begin to build.

Get ready for it! You're about to hear about how terrible cowbells are, how they should be banned, MSU is cheating in recruiting, etc.

Could get ugly
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    17' em!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    It doesn't matter, Leach thrives on that kind of stuff and it will only drive him to win even more. As for me, I've never been a conformist and I like it. Screw the rest of em. What's the saying: "We all we got, we all we need!"

vCash
    When Leach brings in a couple of legit 5* WRs the cries up North will be deafening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It doesn't matter, Leach thrives on that kind of stuff and it will only drive him to win even more. As for me, I've never been a conformist and I like it. Screw the rest of em. What's the saying: "We all we got, we all we need!"
    Yup. We got the right guy for it, but you know it's coming. What's funny is that we've been to 10 straight bowl games, but for whatever reason, most older fans have an inferior view of us.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    You'll see additional resentment because all of them will be wondering 'What if?' especially the schools who have legitimately considered it like Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. Even some of the blue bloods will be wishing they had pulled the trigger on him. He's the guy everybody is scared to pull the trigger on but wary of letting somebody else get as well. And somebody else just got him, and now their worst fears are being realized - that he is as good as they imagined but coaching someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup. We got the right guy for it, but you know it's coming. What's funny is that we've been to 10 straight bowl games, but for whatever reason, most older fans have an inferior view of us.
    Exactly right! I can picture Leach giving the team this speech:

vCash
    Arkansas fans will be bitching about cowbells Sunday.

vCash
    There are huge chunks of UT, Hog and especially Kentucky fans that have been begging for the Pirate EVERY time the HC job comes up. They see the possibilities and 'how' he takes lesser star players and improves them as he builds a team.

My Kentucky friends have wanted him back since the Hal Mumme days!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    I've had so many people say that we just beat them cause LSU sucks this year and they'll be lucky to win 2 games this year. Of course these are ole piss fans. I told them I hope LSU beats the brakes off them. Their argument is they hung 600 yards on florida so they think they'll trash LSU. HAHA.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Look on TRANT this morning. Every single one of them are downplaying our win against LSU. They don't want it to be true so bad. They will rationalize it until we show up on their doorstep and whip their ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyripms View Post
    I've had so many people say that we just beat them cause LSU sucks this year and they'll be lucky to win 2 games this year. Of course these are ole piss fans. I told them I hope LSU beats the brakes off them. Their argument is they hung 600 yards on florida so they think they'll trash LSU. HAHA.
    A bad secondary has always been a Todd Grantham weakness. I know om fans that were flying high after that game. They thought Kiffin was an offensive genius. All of a sudden they stopped posting on FB 2/3rds through our game in BR. They haven't posted since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Look on TRANT this morning. Every single one of them are downplaying our win against LSU. They don't want it to be true so bad. They will rationalize it until we show up on their doorstep and whip their ass.
    That's ok, let em keep downplaying us.

vCash
    Hey, I'm an older fan (62 ) and I despise the inferiority complex MSU and some percentage of fans have. I have always been of the mind set we (MSU) are just as good if not better than the competition. I am glad ML does not have this same self demeaning attitude! Full steam ahead, kick ass and take names!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    17' em!
    ditto

This isn't 1974 with Shug Jordon outlawing cowbells.

vCash
    Lotta wool above ... and a long way to go
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

Most SEC fan bases have natural order of things and in their mind, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, in every other fan base's mind, they believe they are better than Mississippi State.

So when Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, etc win, it's not a big deal to those fan bases because it's fits their world view & maintains their school's status in their mind.

However, when MSU wins, as we saw with Mullen, they become angry because their own significance is disrupted. They believe they are better than MSU and that they deserve more than MSU. Thus when MSU wins, they get angry, hold resentment, and bitch, complain, & ultimately discredit everything MSU does.

Currently, they all think Leach is cute and funny, but soon it'll be their team that gets their ass run off the field, and the resentment and anger will begin to build.

Get ready for it! You're about to hear about how terrible cowbells are, how they should be banned, MSU is cheating in recruiting, etc.

Could get ugly
    Yep already happening and it has always been that way. The blue bloods want us to stay in our lane. We have slowly come up on them without them realizing it the past 12 years. They have never liked us when we do. I remember a lot of hate in the JWS domination of late 90s.

vCash

Could get ugly
    Well then 17 'em and feed 'em fish heads!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    All any of that means is that you must be doing something right.

Haters gonna hate.