Thread: Arkansas vs UGA Extended Highlight

vCash

Arkansas vs UGA Extended Highlight

- Arkansas played extremely hard in this game
    - Briles will create some discipline challenges this week as he likes fakes & will stretch the defense
    - UGA bottled up the Arkansas offense pretty easily after the first few quarters.
    - UGA out talented them in the end, but UGA's offense is a hot mess. I'm sure Daniels will help, but I thought UGA was going wide open this year with Monken. I'm starting to get the sense that Smart may be a micromanager and similar to Jason Garrett, he goes through OC after OC only for the offense to never really change. Odd.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-28-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It is funny that Kirby supposedly learned under Saban but that is the one thing that has made Saban so good for so long. He will let his OC run the offense and adapt. Smart isn't doing that right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    It is funny that Kirby supposedly learned under Saban but that is the one thing that has made Saban so good for so long. He will let his OC run the offense and adapt. Smart isn't doing that right now.
    Exactly.

Smart wants his hands in everything and doesn't see to be able to get out of the way.

This is one of the issues with hiring a DC as your head coach. Their natural instincts are to fear the offense screwing up the game, so they bottle everything up and don't the offense open up .

Muschamp has battled this his entire career
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    - Arkansas played extremely hard in this game
    - Briles will create some discipline challenges this week as he likes fakes & will stretch the defense
    - UGA bottled up the Arkansas offense pretty easily after the first few quarters.
    - UGA out talented them in the end, but UGA's offense is a hot mess. I'm sure Daniels will help, but I thought UGA was going wide open this year with Monken. I'm starting to get the sense that Smart may be a micromanager and similar to Jason Garrett, he goes through OC after OC only for the offense to never really change. Odd.

Lots of WR running around open for UGA

I'm not sure how much we can take about UGA's offense from this game. Both QB's were limited in experience vs Daniels.

vCash
    Yeah, UGA's offense will look much better with Daniels. Much better. Neither Mathis or Bennett are close to him, and even Bennett looked pretty good.

UGA will be very good this year, make no mistake.

vCash
    Looking just at this it looks like their return coverage may be lacking a good bit. Maybe Austin can bounce one up to the forty a few times.

If our defense handles Arkansas' offense, keeps them 20 points or under/sacks Franks four or five times, then we can put the bad defense claims to bed.

vCash
    Lookin at this replay i am thinkin about putting some money on the game...lol...arky looks bad .... if we come in focused we will be fine.
    i am thinking we throw one int and they throw atleast two and have a strip sack also. Our defense will do the same thing georgia did. We are going to be in better shape and pull away in the third, if not earlier.

READ THAT PIGGIES!

HailState!