Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Forde projecting us in the playoffs

vCash

Pat Forde projecting us in the playoffs

https://www.si.com/college/2020/09/2...sers-september

Sugar Bowl: top seed Clemson (7) vs. fourth seed Mississippi State (8).

After cruising to a 2-0 start, the Tigers had an off week. The schedule gets more interesting in the next two weeks, with Virginia (1-0) and Miami (3-0) coming to Death Valley. The Cavaliers shouldn?t count on getting seven turnovers against Clemson the way they did Saturday in their opener against Duke; Trevor Lawrence still hasn?t thrown an interception since last Oct. 19, a string of 10 straight games. Next up for Clemson: Virginia Saturday.

The Bulldogs crash the playoff after their resounding upset of reigning champion LSU. While Mississippi State?s epic passing performance has understandably gotten most of the attention from that game, don?t overlook the effort from defensive coordinator Zach Arnett?s unit: State held LSU to just 80 rushing yards and grabbed a pair of interceptions. Next up for Mississippi State: Arkansas, whose SEC losing streak reached 20 games, comes to Starkville Saturday.

Also writes this about us being one of the biggest winners of the week
    Winner: Mississippi State (3). Historically, the Bulldogs have been a lower-echelon SEC program. They rose to new heights under Dan Mullen?but after losing him to Florida the school decided it still wanted to dream big in football. When Joe Moorhead delivered a 14-12 record that would have been more than acceptable in earlier times, State pushed him out and tried to do better. That led to the hiring of Mike Leach, an iconoclast who has proven he can outperform historic expectations in tough jobs (Texas Tech, Washington State). Despite the difficulties getting a new program up and running amid a pandemic, Leach delivered the kind of debut that State fans dreamed of, upsetting reigning national champion LSU. The Dash is awaiting word on whether Mississippi State set an SEC record for fewest rushing yards in a win, chalking up a meager nine. The Bulldogs more than made up for it through the air, passing for an SEC record 623 yards.

Banned
    vCash
    My Jolly Roger is at full mast. 2020 is really about to have a redemption arc.

vCash
    Would be so likely, the one year we go to the playoffs and I can?t go due to social distancing policy.*

vCash
    I told y'all this was going to be a totally crazy football season.

vCash
    While I was impressed with our defense Saturday, I?m afraid we don?t have the defense this year to make a run.

vCash
    I’m a half glass full guy for sure.. but come on Pat... that is as silly as some the “experts” saying 2-8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I’m a half glass full guy for sure.. but come on Pat... that is as silly as some the “experts” saying 2-8
    I totally understand, but MSU has just as much national attention right now as when we went to number 1 (and that took 3 straight weeks of beating good teams) and when we upset UCONN in the final four. We just need to enjoy the ride

vCash
    Yeah I'm an optimist but that's a little far just yet. I do love the attention we're getting though and you never know how this could play out. Have to have a little rational perspective though.

vCash
    It's just nice to know that we have a shot. We legitimately have a shot. That's all I asked for.

vCash
    The positive press is awesome. I love. It goes to show what coaching can do. It's way premature and we have plenty of questions remaining about our football team.

That said, the question can they score has been answered. I dont see how any recruit that could fit this offense could say no. And we play the same way defensively.

Just keep winning.

vCash
    Leach is also capable of having one or two WTF games a season as well...

vCash
    I love how we go from projecting a 4-6 team to making it to the playoffs.

vCash
    Get back to me after the Alabama game. That's all I'm saying about that right now.

vCash
    And Herbie thinks we are the #6 team in his opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    I totally understand, but MSU has just as much national attention right now as when we went to number 1 (and that took 3 straight weeks of beating good teams) and when we upset UCONN in the final four. We just need to enjoy the ride
    It really is crazy. We're the talk of the college football world. Imagine what is going to happen if Leach has a dream season for us? (Assuming this year isn't one)

vCash
    No one loves State more than I....but Forde has lost his mind. and i love it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    That's the sorrow and joy of being a Miss State fan.

vCash
    Maybe some of it is just due to our program taking a step forward. With all the players we have in the NFL, bowl streak and other sports (baseball and WB) having success, the media is starting to believe a little more in MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Get back to me after the Alabama game. That's all I'm saying about that right now.
    This, provided we take care of business up until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Yeah the truth is somewhere in between probably. Before the season I said 4 wins. After LSU I’m thinking 7 wins. Georgia and Bama will be losses probably and there will be another slip up in there probably. I’m interested to see how the team responds after all of the praise and media attention. Im interested to see if Leach can keep them grounded and focused.