Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UPig fan delusion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaleofTwoDogs View Post
    Link to the Arky board??
    Google "hawgville"

Banned
    vCash
    An understated part of Arkansas's game is that their coach likely literally had the Georgia playbook to study over and game plan against. He knew what Kirby & co we're gonna start with on O. Shouldn't have been a surprise to see them make Georgia sweat early. Then halftime adjustments came and boom, back to reality.

If KJ can withstand the Odom Blitz scheme then this will be another SEC record performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    An understated part of Arkansas's game is that their coach likely literally had the Georgia playbook to study over and game plan against. He knew what Kirby & co we're gonna start with on O. Shouldn't have been a surprise to see them make Georgia sweat early. Then halftime adjustments came and boom, back to reality.

If KJ can withstand the Odom Blitz scheme then this will be another SEC record performance.
    You know what? I completely forgot their coach was the former oline guy at UGA. That makes total sense now.

vCash
    I am very anxious heading into this game but the one true confidence I take from LSU is Mike Leach's first statements (recorded, at least) in the locker room post-game to the players: "As good as you think this game was, [this game we] played, we have to get better this week. We have to get a week better this week." It is absolutely baptized in "coach speech" but if Leach's mentality right after the biggest win of our program in 5 years was "we have to get better," we're in a very good place right now. And then he's handed the gameball for his debut win and instantly thanks/credits the team for getting him there. I love that s***. He even adds a "Before I get choked up..." JoMo told us what to think, CML is showing us how to think.

vCash
    Arky can give our defense trouble. Smith and Boyd can move the chains and Burks in the post is a threat.

vCash
    Come on NWA..... you know what's up.

Arkansas could be playing an NFL team this weekend.....their fans would expect a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Come on NWA..... you know what's up.

Arkansas could be playing an NFL team this weekend.....their fans would expect a win.
    This is true. Their hope really is remarkable. Georgia was their 20th consecutive SEC loss.

Yet still, they are more talented than LSU and are about to take down one of the hottest teams in the SEC. Maybe we should hand down the "don't stop believing" to the hog fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    UPig fans on their hogville board think that hogs are better at WR, CB, and O-line than LSU and therefore have a chance to beat us outright.
    They haven't won an SEC game since October of 2017 (nearly 3 full years). I don't even know if Vandy has ever had a drought that long. They aren't gonna be any threat to us.

vCash
    Their excited guys and they saw reason for hope against UGA. We'd be excited as well.

Thing is though.... UGA is running a prehistoric offense compared to what Leach runs & MSU is light years better at QB than UGA.

Also, Arkansas only has 1 week to prepare

To Arkansas' likely advantage, when looking at Arkansas DC Barry Odom's career, I'm thinking he has experience against Leach

As a GA in 2003 at Missouri, they beat Tech 62-31

In 2009 as a the safeties coach at Mizzou, they did not play Tech

So Odom only has experience against Leach as a GA

2000 Ada HS (OK) (assistant)
    2001?2002 Rock Bridge HS (MO)
    2003 Missouri (GA)
    2009?2011 Missouri (S)
    2012?2014 Memphis (DC/LB)
    2015 Missouri (DC/LB)
    2016?2019 Missouri
    2020?present Arkansas (AHC/DC/S)
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-29-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MStateDawg View Post
    They haven't won an SEC game since October of 2017 (nearly 3 full years). I don't even know if Vandy has ever had a drought that long. They aren't gonna be any threat to us.
    I believe Vandy's record losing streak is 23. Some level headed UPig fans are a little worried about breaking that.

vCash
    Any comments on their game with Georgia and their 20th STRAIGHT SEC loss?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    well one delusional fan base is moon-walking anyway ... didn't want to start a new thread but I found this from Tigerdroppings kinda funny

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...day-/92118891/
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post

LSU came at him hard and he got adjusted to the game speed. I feel pretty good about the pass protection going into this week and KJ handling the pressure.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    They will move the ball on us, probably better than LSU. They are built to run and Franks is better than dude at LSU. He also tends to throw picks when you get close him or flash in his face.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    They will move the ball on us, probably better than LSU. They are built to run and Franks is better than dude at LSU. He also tends to throw picks when you get close him or flash in his face.
    But, LSU couldn't run on us. I thought for sure that was going to be our Achilles Heel on defense, more so than our secondary. I was shocked we kept LSU's ground game so low.

vCash
    I have little doubt that someone is going to put up a ton of points on us and limit the Air Raid before the year is over, and it could happen more than once and/or sometime soon.

But I have major doubts that Arkansas is the team to do that. I realize that almost any improvement from them is going to feel like major progress considering how bad the Morris years were. But they still have a long way to go.

This would be a really bad loss by us. There is a reason why we are almost a 3 touchdown favorite and most people have us covering that. I could see them getting some yards and points on us, but I have no faith in them stopping the Air Raid. Heck, even Moorhead put up 51 and 52 on Arkansas two years in a row. I struggle to see a scenario where they can keep up with our offense barring some major COVID absences or a ton of turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    well one delusional fan base is moon-walking anyway ... didn't want to start a new thread but I found this from Tigerdroppings kinda funny

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...day-/92118891/
    Dang that was funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You know what? I completely forgot their coach was the former oline guy at UGA. That makes total sense now.
    UGA has a new OC so I?m not sure how similar the scheme is from their old offense. Either way Odom is a huge upgrade at DC over Chavis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    UGA has a new OC so I?m not sure how similar the scheme is from their old offense. Either way Odom is a huge upgrade at DC over Chavis.
    You're right about Odom. The defense looked way more salty than last year.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Their excited guys and they saw reason for hope against UGA. We'd be excited as well.

Thing is though.... UGA is running a prehistoric offense compared to what Leach runs & MSU is light years better at QB than UGA.

Also, Arkansas only has 1 week to prepare

To Arkansas' likely advantage, when looking at Arkansas DC Barry Odom's career, I'm thinking he has experience against Leach

As a GA in 2003 at Missouri, they beat Tech 62-31

In 2009 as a the safeties coach at Mizzou, they did not play Tech

So Odom only has experience against Leach as a GA

2000 Ada HS (OK) (assistant)
    2001?2002 Rock Bridge HS (MO)
    2003 Missouri (GA)
    2009?2011 Missouri (S)
    2012?2014 Memphis (DC/LB)
    2015 Missouri (DC/LB)
    2016?2019 Missouri
    2020?present Arkansas (AHC/DC/S)

The day I get excited about losing to anyone we play’s 3rd string quarterback by 27 points is the day someone needs to make me stop watching MSU football.