Thread: Help me understand...

vCash

Help me understand...

Correct me if I am wrong on this.

We had 25 graduate.
    We had three to transfer portal
    We had two leave early for NFL
    We had two opt out due to covid.

I know that is close but how come it doesn't matter when talking about us whipping that Corndog ass but it matter on LSU getting that Corndog ass whipped?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Exactly. We?ve had our share of change and hardship as well. A whole new coaching staff with new offensive and defensive schemes.

vCash
    Because College Gameday experts predicted an LSU whooping on us and now they have to cover their butts.

vCash
    Friday 25th: "LSU is too talented. They are at the point reloading every year. They're not going to see a lot of drop off. That Brennan kid is pretty good"

Saturday 26th, late afternoon: "Well, we lost everybody from last year. Stingley was out. Our talent level is nowhere where it needs to be. Brennan is trash. We gotta bunch bench warmers playing."

vCash
    It shouldn't matter one bit what they lost. They had more "star" power talent on the field by far than we did. Simple fact is they got out coached, outplayed and outworked by our team and staff.

vCash
    E All the above!

vCash
    Amen, I concur to all of the above as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It shouldn't matter one bit what they lost. They had more "star" power talent on the field by far than we did. Simple fact is they got out coached, outplayed and outworked by our team and staff.
    Yep and it doesn't fit the narrative they want to send like MSU can't possibly be any good.

Also on the star thing. Another example of what a smoke and mirrors game that is. We have just as much talent as most teams if coached correctly. Every team has talent, just some teams are coached better and some teams do have more talent and coaching doesn't matter that much.

While on talent; what is talent? Big, fast, # of stars? What are stars based on? All an emotional plea and individual perception. How else could little ole MSU put so many NFL guys in league. Top 5 in nation in top 100 NFL players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yep and it doesn't fit the narrative they want to send like MSU can't possibly be any good.

Also on the star thing. Another example of what a smoke and mirrors game that is. We have just as much talent as most teams if coached correctly. Every team has talent, just some teams are coached better and some teams do have more talent and coaching doesn't matter that much.

While on talent; what is talent? Big, fast, # of stars? What are stars based on? All an emotional plea and individual perception. How else could little ole MSU put so many NFL guys in league. Top 5 in nation in top 100 NFL players.
    Yep and that's exactly the reason I put the "stars" in quotation marks. You get it!