Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Wyatt Interview on ESPN Huntsville: Get Ready For Zone D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Not really. But if there is a defender there, it's not grass. You run to grass and stop. If the defender is next to/behind you, grass is in front and you keep running.

It's the simplicity of the air raid.

See Y cross vs zone Same routes, just cut off for zone vs man.

I said the routes are different. You just described the routes being different. Converting a route or cutting off a route ultimately is a different route than before. It's called option routes which is what you use in zone coverages. It's multiple built-in routes for certain coverages.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 09-28-2020 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    The Air Raid isn't magic, and it can't be 'figured out' or shut down as a scheme. It's a scheme like any other. It is designed to exploit mismatches, find open space, and improve execution. The last of those is the real key and where I think Leach gets it more than most. He simplifies so that his players can master it rather than trying to beat people with any brilliant play calls.

Still, like any other scheme, it is more difficult when you have less talent or when the opponent has more. Like any other scheme, it becomes more difficult in tighter space. And like any other scheme, certain defenses are better than others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I said the routes are different. You just described the routes being different. Converting a route or cutting off a route ultimately is a different route than before. It's called option routes which is what you use in zone coverages. It's multiple built-in routes for certain coverages.
    Semantically, yes. It's a 7 yard post stop instead of a 7 yard post. But it's not a 5 yard out or a 20 yard post or a 10 yard dig different route. You and i have a disagreement in the meaning of "different route"

It's the difference in jomo's offense and leach's. Both have you running "different routes" vs different coverages. But in leach's, you always run the same base route. You just stop for grass.

With Jomo, you might run a completely different pattern. I.e. a 5 yard curl, a 20 yard flag, or a 7 yard dig.

vCash
    Semantically, yes. It's a 7 yard post stop instead of a 7 yard post. But it's not a 5 yard out or a 20 yard post or a 10 yard dig different route. You and i have a disagreement in the meaning of "different route"

It's the difference in jomo's offense and leach's. Both have you running "different routes" vs different coverages. But in leach's, you always run the same base route. You just stop for grass.

With Jomo, you might run a completely different pattern. I.e. a 5 yard curl, a 20 yard flag, or a 7 yard dig.
    Man I'm still not sure anyone knows what was supposed to happen in jomo offense!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Man I'm still not sure anyone knows what was supposed to happen in jomo offense!
    Including Joe.

vCash
    Including Joe.
    No doubt 😂

vCash

All good we're on the same page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Bring on the zone. We'll dink and dunk you to death and it'll force them to make open field tackles in space.
    So our games won't be 4 hours and 20 minutes anymore?