Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Highlight: We Left at Least 14 Points on the Field

vCash

Extended Highlight: We Left at Least 14 Points on the Field

Just watched this extended highlight and we conservatively left 14 points on the field while losing the turnover battle 4-1 until the Hail Mary pick.

I forgot how wide open Williams was short in the endzone when Costello threw to the back guy. Also the miscommunication snap was on a drive where we were rolling.

And BTW, I think Shavers is about to EXPLODE. Rewatching this, he?s our most physical WR. He?s going to make some huge plays this year. The way he lowers his shoulder on the LSU DB is big boy stuff

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Shavers is what Stephen Guidry was suppose to be.

vCash
    Shavers made Ricks sit down lol. That’s after Ricks acted like a douche intercepting the ball over Payton and slinging the ball on the ground and taking his helmet off. I was waiting on a celebration penalty but of course there wasn’t one.

Shavers’ little move he put on that DB at the LOS on his TD catch was cold. He’s just getting his feet wet. The more game reps he gets, the more I think he’ll get targeted. But S/O to Mitchell for stepping up his game after being put 2nd team. I’d go Osirus outside, Payton and Williams inside, and then Shavers outside on the other side. Have Heath 2nd string until he gets acclimated & he’ll still get plenty of opportunities. Once Heath, Tulu, and Walley get acclimated and settled in, this could get crazy cause those 3 guys didn’t do much of anything yesterday.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Shavers is what Stephen Guidry was suppose to be.
    He’s way more physical than Guidry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Shavers made Ricks sit down lol. That’s after Ricks acted like a douche intercepting the ball over Payton and slinging the ball on the ground and taking his helmet off. I was waiting on a celebration penalty but of course there wasn’t one.

Shavers’ little move he put on that DB at the LOS on his TD catch was cold. He’s just getting his feet wet. The more game reps he gets, the more I think he’ll get targeted. But S/O to Mitchell for stepping up his game after being put 2nd team. I’d go Osirus outside, Payton and Williams inside, and then Shavers outside on the other side. Have Heath 2nd string until he gets acclimated & he’ll still get plenty of opportunities. Once Heath, Tulu, and Walley get acclimated and settled in, this could get crazy cause those 3 guys didn’t do much of anything yesterday.
    And Cam Gardner. Who ever thought that guy would contribute? Yet here we are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    And Cam Gardner. Who ever thought that guy would contribute? Yet here we are
    We’re seeing the fruits of actual coaching. That’s when you know the previous regime SUCKED. Guys start popping up that you know their names but you can’t believe they’re contributing. Cam had 2 big catches. This WR room is much better and deeper than anyone wanted to predict or could predict because of the coaching they’re getting from Spurrier Jr and Nichol.

Mitchell, Payton, Shavers, Williams, and Cam all had great to solid games. And we expect Heath, Tulu, and Walley to break out at some point. This is gonna be FUN. And just wait for all the WR and QB talent we’re about to start bringing in.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    He’s way more physical than Guidry
    So is my Mom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    We’re seeing the fruits of actual coaching. That’s when you know the previous regime SUCKED. Guys start popping up that you know their names but you can’t believe they’re contributing. Cam had 2 big catches. This WR room is much better and deeper than anyone wanted to predict or could predict because of the coaching they’re getting from Spurrier Jr and Nichol.

Mitchell, Payton, Shavers, Williams, and Cam all had great to solid games. And we expect Heath, Tulu, and Walley to break out at some point. This is gonna be FUN. And just wait for all the WR and QB talent we’re about to start bringing in.
    You're right. It's a combination of accountability (Guidry) and playing more than three receivers. Williams and Payton have performed even under Moorhead- but they were rarely rotated into the games. It was because of Joe playing favorites and his silly "best five" philosophy that is up there with 1A/1B in stupidity. And someone please try to convince me that Aeris Williams wasn't among our "best five" offensive players in 2018. Or Nick Gibson last year for that matter. What a waste of talent.

As it is I'd like to see the guys you are talking about getting involved more in our offense along with Shrader. It may take a few games but eventually I think that will occur. And then we need to clean up the turnovers. I also think that will happen because it was our first game. This offense would have put up 50+ on LSU if we hold onto the ball.

Instead we only got 44**.

vCash
    Here's something no ones mentioned. The no name walk-on safety Londin Craft actually played a pretty good game. Guy is quick, hustled to the ball and hit pretty dang good. Coaching is the difference guys. We got us a HC and a staff of good ones!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So is my Mom.
    Hahaha!!!!! Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Here's something no ones mentioned. The no name walk-on safety Londin Craft actually played a pretty good game. Guy is quick, hustled to the ball and hit pretty dang good. Coaching is the difference guys. We got us a HC and a staff of good ones!
    Yeah, the folks having a heart attack over that were definitely wrong. This staff is light years ahead of Moorhead's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So is my Mom.
    Insert joke about Todd's mom here.***

vCash
    I liked him at safety. He's solid and for someone to walk on to a SEC team and start- that's going to get my respect. Walk-ons can't work out with the team in the offseason which means he probably had to pay a personal trainer on his own. That's one reason why you don't see a ton of walk-ons starting.

vCash
    I was about to say something. He’s a hell of a good looking walk on.

The key here is that talent is great, but playing fundamentally sound football is way more important. Get players that will be in the right spot & tackle first & then worry about how talented they are.

After what I saw in week 1, I’m on the cusp of trusting this coaching staff at an extremely high level

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Insert joke about Todd's mom here.***
    Watch your mouth!**

vCash
    Yeah, the folks having a heart attack over that were definitely wrong. This staff is light years ahead of Moorhead's.
    It’s hard to blame them.

I continuously stated when everyone was making win/loss predictions, that we really didn’t know two things: how much tutor gate hurt & how poorly coached we were the past two years.

99% of the time when you make a preseason prognostication, you take last year’s record, adjust for new players, & look at your schedule and that is usually fairly accurate.

However, when you’re coached like crap and have a tutor gate situation, it’s a mystery because you never knew what you had to begin with.

vCash
    It’s hard to blame them.

I continuously stated when everyone was making win/loss predictions, that we really didn’t know two things: how much tutor gate hurt & how poorly coached we were the past two years.

99% of the time when you make a preseason prognostication, you take last year’s record, adjust for new players, & look at your schedule and that is usually fairly accurate.

However, when you’re coached like crap and have a tutor gate situation, it’s a mystery because you never knew what you had to begin with.
    This probably falls under coaching- but I wanted to specifically mention S&C as well. If you're out of shape it's going to level out the playing field against someone like K-State whom we should have beat last year and it's going to make it where you have basically zero shot against the Alabama's and LSU's of the world. Or on the road in the SEC for that matter. We did beat Arkansas but we gave up a ton of points to them.

I knew that kind of stuff makes a difference. But it's hard to totally quantify it because we don't know how bad it is to start with and most teams don't have those issues so there isn't a lot of samples to compare to. Plus there are so many factors involved. Like Dan in 2009 we could see the improvement from Croom- but it really only translated into one more win on the field because we had major issues at QB.

vCash
    Of course if we don?t take care of the assistants pay wise they won?t be here long. IMO this is one of the biggest keys in MSU ever taking the next step up. It is one of the reasons Dabo has been so successful at Clemson. They don?t have to hire a new DC every year because Venerables is locked up.

vCash
    I was about to say something. He?s a hell of a good looking walk on.

The key here is that talent is great, but playing fundamentally sound football is way more important. Get players that will be in the right spot & tackle first & then worry about how talented they are.

After what I saw in week 1, I?m on the cusp of trusting this coaching staff at an extremely high level
    Yes sir! And the thing about Leach he could care less if you're a 5 star or a walk on he's gonna put the best player who has earned it on the field. He don't care about nobody's press clippings.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 09-27-2020 at 10:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Of course if we don?t take care of the assistants pay wise they won?t be here long. IMO this is one of the biggest keys in MSU ever taking the next step up. It is one of the reasons Dabo has been so successful at Clemson. They don?t have to hire a new DC every year because Venerables is locked up.
    I agree. But didn't we do this when Grantham was here?

But as LSU showed with Aranda even if you make someone the top paid guy more often than not they'll take a head coaching job because they want to move up in their career. I know Cohen has spoken to Venables when we have had head coaching openings and he hasn't returned interest. So it can go both ways.