Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Corndogs in the Afternnon Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Corndogs in the Afternnon Edition

1. Sorry it's late, I slept until 11 today. I watched alot of film last night for our big game this Friday.

2. Always good to beat LSU, no matter how good or bad they may be. We all know and agree on that. But that was an LSU team with 17 new starters and their best defensive player out on short notice. Tthey will be decent on D but heir offense is bad. They have some good, young talent but you can see the inexperience. Brennan is not very good at all. They had plays out there and he was late with the ball or flat out missed them. Trying to run last year's offense with Brennan is a mistake. LSU is a 5-6 win team this year.

3. Getting a veteran QB sure paid off didnt it? We made a few bad turnovers but Costello made some great reads and great throws yesterday. His deep ball was outstanding. He got baited on the Pick-6 but thats going to happen at times as much as we throw the ball. Was a damn good record-setting performance.

4. Hill wasnt bad but should have had a few more carries. He sure taps that helmet alot for an offense that is supposed to be in such good shape. I was waiting on the T-wheel call from Leach with all the M2M LSU was playing. Leach was waiting to get it on the hash so it would be more effective. Huge play in the game. Hill should certainly help his draft stock this season. Marks is a solid back-up. The others are solid. Should be a very reliable group for us this season.

5. Big day for Osirus- who was my pick for most yards this season. 7/183 and 2 TD's. The WR's looked good as a collective group and only had a couple of drops. Payton was as expected also. Williams is finally making an impact on the underneath routes for the most part. Shavers had some big catches. I think he and Heath will become bigger parts of the offense as the season goes.

6. OL was as expected- a good group. 5 sacks seems like alot, but we did throw it 60 times. Dolla Bill had his troubles with Gaye- but he wont be the Lone Ranger this year on that. Cross was outstanding and likely becomes the player he was projected to be. We have issues at Center right now- but I expect that to get better. He needs experience. The communication should improve, especially with the lack of fans in the stands this season. The bigger line splits are inviting DC's to blitz more (they are doing the same to me in HS) and Pelini got a few sacks- but they also paid the price on crossing routes for it. We also did a good job of jamming them up in the middle on blitzes- making a big traffic jam hard to get thru. That gave Costello just a little extra time to make some throws.

7. We are very well-coached on D- thats pretty obvious. We had 2 months to get a plan ready for LSU and executed it as well as we could. 7 sacks and held LSU to less than 100 yards rushing. Able to get a piece of Brennan's arm when they had a guy running free that was likely 6 and turned it into a pick. Brule played pretty well. Errol looked damn good. We were physical. Brule acting hurt on the goalline and the D gathering themselves to turn a TD into a FG was huge in the game. That and the getting the piece of Brennan's arm to force a turnover were the two biggest defensive plays for us. Those 2 were an 11 point swing- the difference in the game. It's still concerning we gave up 425 and 27 points yards to a bad offense- but it's def something to build on.

8. Great way to start the season. With UPig and Kentucky up next, could see a 3-0 start to the Mike Leach Era before a showdown with A&M. We were one of the few offenses ahead of the D in game openers. The extra time has been helping defenses early on- with offenses getting better each week. Didnt faze Leach and we rolled to over 600 yards. I still think we need to run the 4-5-6 more times later in games. That pick we threw in the 2nd half up 10 changed the momentum of the game and got LSU back in it. The SEC has so many athletes. But thats not the Leach Way so we will roll with it. HailState!!
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We are very well-coached on D- thats pretty obvious. We had 2 months to get a plan ready for LSU and executed it as well as we could. 7 sacks and held LSU to less than 100 yards rushing

Oh hell no you said we suck....so 34 typical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. Sorry it's late, I slept until 11 today. I watched alot of film last night for our big game this Friday.

2. Always good to beat LSU, no matter how good or bad they may be. We all know and agree on that. But that was an LSU team with 17 new starters and their best defensive player out on short notice. Tthey will be decent on D but heir offense is bad. They have some good, young talent but you can see the inexperience. Brennan is not very good at all. They had plays out there and he was late with the ball or flat out missed them. Trying to run last year's offense with Brennan is a mistake. LSU is a 5-6 win team this year.

3. Getting a veteran QB sure paid off didnt it? We made a few bad turnovers but Costello made some great reads and great throws yesterday. His deep ball was outstanding. He got baited on the Pick-6 but thats going to happen at times as much as we throw the ball. Was a damn good record-setting performance.

4. Hill wasnt bad but should have had a few more carries. He sure taps that helmet alot for an offense that is supposed to be in such good shape. I was waiting on the T-wheel call from Leach with all the M2M LSU was playing. Leach was waiting to get it on the hash so it would be more effective. Huge play in the game. Hill should certainly help his draft stock this season. Marks is a solid back-up. The others are solid. Should be a very reliable group for us this season.

5. Big day for Osirus- who was my pick for most yards this season. 7/183 and 2 TD's. The WR's looked good as a collective group and only had a couple of drops. Payton was as expected also. Williams is finally making an impact on the underneath routes for the most part. Shavers had some big catches. I think he and Heath will become bigger parts of the offense as the season goes.

6. OL was as expected- a good group. 5 sacks seems like alot, but we did throw it 60 times. Dolla Bill had his troubles with Gaye- but he wont be the Lone Ranger this year on that. Cross was outstanding and likely becomes the player he was projected to be. We have issues at Center right now- but I expect that to get better. He needs experience. The communication should improve, especially with the lack of fans in the stands this season. The bigger line splits are inviting DC's to blitz more (they are doing the same to me in HS) and Pelini got a few sacks- but they also paid the price on crossing routes for it. We also did a good job of jamming them up in the middle on blitzes- making a big traffic jam hard to get thru. That gave Costello just a little extra time to make some throws.

7. We are very well-coached on D- thats pretty obvious. We had 2 months to get a plan ready for LSU and executed it as well as we could. 7 sacks and held LSU to less than 100 yards rushing. Able to get a piece of Brennan's arm when they had a guy running free that was likely 6 and turned it into a pick. Brule played pretty well. Errol looked damn good. We were physical. Brule acting hurt on the goalline and the D gathering themselves to turn a TD into a FG was huge in the game. That and the getting the piece of Brennan's arm to force a turnover were the two biggest defensive plays for us. Those 2 were an 11 point swing- the difference in the game. It's still concerning we gave up 425 and 27 points yards to a bad offense- but it's def something to build on.

8. Great way to start the season. With UPig and Kentucky up next, could see a 3-0 start to the Mike Leach Era before a showdown with A&M. We were one of the few offenses ahead of the D in game openers. The extra time has been helping defenses early on- with offenses getting better each week. Didnt faze Leach and we rolled to over 600 yards. I still think we need to run the 4-5-6 more times later in games. That pick we threw in the 2nd half up 10 changed the momentum of the game and got LSU back in it. The SEC has so many athletes. But thats not the Leach Way so we will roll with it. HailState!!
    If you are half of a man, you would offer up some apologies to our players for running them down on here before giving them a chance.

vCash
    Yea, the hell with your analysis.

You shit on this team over and over. LSU is too talented... bla bla bla THEN SAY “well they were starting new people”

Good luck with your game this Friday.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No, that is not how message boards work. He stated an opinion on known facts, he was just wrong. As with all things, got to work hard because you are only a week away from screwing it up.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Easy boys.

He was wrong. It is obvious. Give the man half a chance to save some face.

Picking up on the comment about defending a power rushing team. LSU is a power rushing team. Curiously they got lured into playing our game, maybe still in the honeymoon from last year?s O.

How different a game would it have been it they had rushed it 2 out of 3 plays in the first half, averaged 5 yards a carry, and jumped out to a 2 TD lead during our slow start. And let Brennan settle into the game from there, maybe off some play action? Terrible game planning by the LSU offensive staff, imo. Really put their inexperienced qb and defense under pressure.

vCash
    Don't start that poor mouth "LSU is down" crap. You said all off season LSU reloads, their talent is too deep and it wont matter.
    Just like all the know it all's yesterday pre game. I picked us to lose, and I was wrong and can admit I was wrong.

You giving LSU a pass with that crap is sad. Let me tell you, we had 11 new starters, 22 seeing action at MSU for the first time, and a ton of freshman on the field, with a whole new staff, yet waxed their 5 star asses. Wasn't that supposed to hurt us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    No, that is not how message boards work. He stated an opinion on known facts, he was just wrong. As with all things, got to work hard because you are only a week away from screwing it up.
    You mean an opinion based on opinions and assumptions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't start that poor mouth "LSU is down" crap. You said all off season LSU reloads, their talent is too deep and it wont matter.
    Just like all the know it all's yesterday pre game. I picked us to lose, and I was wrong and can admit I was wrong.

You giving LSU a pass with that crap is sad. Let me tell you, we had 11 new starters, 22 seeing action at MSU for the first time, and a ton of freshman on the field, with a whole new staff, yet waxed their 5 star asses. Wasn't that supposed to hurt us?
    Yep - the only thing that changed since he made his claims was Stingley being out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Exactly. People saying that LSU replaced starters, well so did we. We returned good production from RBs and WRs (which most people like C34 said was bottom of the league). Every other position was probably bottom of the league in returning experience.

We also played on the road which doesn't mean as much but it is still something.

vCash
    STOP SAYING WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL MORE.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Thanks, Coach. I always appreciate your insights even when I disagree.

One comment: I hate that everyone emphasizes how few starters LSU has back because I believe we only have 7 or 8. It is not like we return everyone.

vCash
    Those of you investing feelings and emotions into what C34 says are just doing it to yourselves lol. He?s never wrong, he leaves things open ended so he can come back later and make up some BS to make himself sound ?less wrong?. He?s a pro at it. It?s what he does. Don?t expect him to change. He?s just like ol Sloppy Joe in that department as far as not changing his ways and always thinking he?s right LOL.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    If Brule was "acting hurt" WHILE MAKING THE TACKLE so that he could slow down the next play, he is probably the smartest player to ever play football. There's no chance he did that.

Last year we saw Leo look around and then just lay down when he realized we weren't going to get the extra man off the field. That was faking. No one starts the fake during the previous play.

Yes, it worked in our favor, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    If Brule was "acting hurt" WHILE MAKING THE TACKLE so that he could slow down the next play, he is probably the smartest player to ever play football. There's no chance he did that.

Last year we saw Leo look around and then just lay down when he realized we weren't going to get the extra man off the field. That was faking. No one starts the fake during the previous play.

Yes, it worked in our favor, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
    Yep. He grabbed his leg while he was going down. I'm calling Danielson's punk ass out for ramming it down our throats on tv for 10 mins and anyone else who thinks that was a fake job. My goodness, people cramp or get dinged all the time and return to the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Yep. He grabbed his leg while he was going down. I'm calling Danielson's punk ass out for ramming it down our throats on tv for 10 mins and anyone else who thinks that was a fake job. My goodness, people cramp or get dinged all the time and return to the game.
    What Danielson said yesterday was totally unprofessional, not really unusual though. They tried to walk it back with the replay showing that he went down on the play but Danielson showed that he is scum and an asshole. 17 him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    What Danielson said yesterday was totally unprofessional, not really unusual though. They tried to walk it back with the replay showing that he went down on the play but Danielson showed that he is scum and an asshole. 17 him.
    Yeah. Him acting excited when he thought Dak was hurt against Kentucky rubbed me the wrong way in 2014. He tried to make a story out of something without any basis other than his mostly incorrect observation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. Him acting excited when he thought Dak was hurt against Kentucky rubbed me the wrong way in 2014. He tried to make a story out of something without any basis other than his mostly incorrect observation
    Remember a couple yrs ago when he laughed and made fun of the UGA girl for getting knocked smooth out? I can’t stand that ****er. Even my wife kept saying he was horrible yest while watching the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Thanks, Coach. I always appreciate your insights even when I disagree.

One comment: I hate that everyone emphasizes how few starters LSU has back because I believe we only have 7 or 8. It is not like we return everyone.
    Yep that is complete BS. Every team loses players. LSU has higher rated players replacing those lost than we do. We have lost a ton to NFL last 4 years. Don't see us crying about it.

LSU is not a bad O either. They have athletes running all over the field. MB is not a great QB.

Yeah 34 you gotta come clean after you lecturing everyone about our team. All any of us have is an opinion about what we think will happen.