Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Despise Larry Templeton More and More Everyday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What WMD said as far as the story goes. LT wanted Bobby Wallace if I remember correctly. He was a former MSU player who had a lot of success at D2 North Alabama and had been a DC under Felker. Eventually he ended up at Temple and he didn't win much there although Temple is definitely a bad job.

Leach had been with Mumme at Kentucky and we all saw what a pain in the ass it was to defend the Air Raid when they were together. It seemed like every time we played them it ended up like 38-35. Mumme had zero defense though and I would have been all for pairing up Leach and Joe Lee Dunn in the late 1990's. No offense to Sparky Woods- no pun intended- but I bet we go 12-0 in 1999 with Leach and that defense. It would have been scary.

In some ways MSU fans are going to be more accepting of doing something like the Air Raid. But there is definitely the sect of MSU fans that think the only way we can win is to run the ball all the time too. Which is why I think Napier was so popular with some of our fans. Mike Leach will probably change that though.
    This is exactly the way it went down Todd!

vCash
    We need a stature to Doc Fogelsong who finally pulled the trigger and brought in new fresh blood. We have progressed exponentially since he (LT) left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    We need a stature to Doc Fogelsong who finally pulled the trigger and brought in new fresh blood. We have progressed exponentially since he (LT) left.
    You're right but the problem is LT is like the Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. He's always lurking around in the shadows and has some small influence even though he is "gone".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Agree, but he's 58 now. In a related note, anyone seriously believe if we hired Napier or Judge we'd be this happy today?
    I didn't know he was 58, I thought he was early 60's for some reason.

No, we would most likely be bitching right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No. And I think we dodged a bullet by not hiring Judge. He's inexperienced and we don't need that now. Napier has been barely winning close games. Makes me wonder if he is focusing on leaving after this year?
    What I can't understand is we were ready to hire Joe Judge (ZERO college experience), but per Rosebowl, Cohen decided not to offer the job to Joe Brady. I guess the only difference is that Judge was an MSU guy. Maybe Cohen figured we would be a stepping stone for Brady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I didn't know he was 58, I thought he was early 60's for some reason.

No, we would most likely be bitching right now.
    He turned 59 in March but he was 58 when he took our job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    What I can't understand is we were ready to hire Joe Judge (ZERO college experience), but per Rosebowl, Cohen decided not to offer the job to Joe Brady. I guess the only difference is that Judge was an MSU guy. Maybe Cohen figured we would be a stepping stone for Brady.
    Judge was Croom 2. He was gonna come in here and whip everybody into shape the "right way". We dodged a big bullet if he was offered the job, and Cohen lucked out the Giants offered him if he did offer him the job.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Spider I really appreciate this post by you.....