Thread: Since sleep eludes me I've been pondering the game

vCash

Since sleep eludes me I've been pondering the game

And I've come to the conclusion this game shouldn't have been as close as it was. We gifted the corn dogs 17 points on a silver platter off of mistakes we made...not anything lsu did to force the issue. Score could have easily been 44-17. Make no mistake...we completely outplayed Lsu and were the tougher team yesterday. More than once I came off my couch saying "Daaayuummm" after a hit so hard you could clearly hear the pop on tv. The softness of last year's team is gone. These guys get off on knocking your dick in the dirt and then grinding their cleats on it. I don't know how the rest of this season will play out, but it's obvious this team has a new mentality out on the field. They're mean. They're angry. They want to hurt you. And that's on both sides of the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    And I've come to the conclusion this game shouldn't have been as close as it was. We gifted the corn dogs 17 points on a silver platter off of mistakes we made...not anything lsu did to force the issue. Score could have easily been 44-17. Make no mistake...we completely outplayed Lsu and were the tougher team yesterday. More than once I came off my couch saying "Daaayuummm" after a hit so hard you could clearly hear the pop on tv. The softness of last year's team is gone. These guys get off on knocking your dick in the dirt and then grinding their cleats on it. I don't know how the rest of this season will play out, but it's obvious this team has a new mentality out on the field. They're mean. They're angry. They want to hurt you. And that's on both sides of the ball.
    They are also in much much better condition. Looking back over plays and it is obvious how out of shape LSU was, maybe due to not getting many breaks on defense. I can't believe how well our defense held up in the end. I was worried we might tire out with so many young starters. But no, leach had them ready.

vCash
    I was thinking it the whole game. I texed my son in the 3rd qtr that no matter who won, we were the better team Saturday.

That is undeniable.

And Gary Danielson is awful. He went on and on about Brule faking an injury that he actually stayed out 3 plays on a goal line for.

And as predicted, Coach Leach did not disappoint in the post game interview.

And the Jacksonville Jaguars played Florida gators a good offensive game but not on defense.

vCash
    I’m like you. There were so many different times I was watching the game and would just get giddy over the physicality of our defense.

9 yards of rushing ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Never, EVER would you have been able to convince me that would be a real thing here. Yes, I new we wouldn’t run near as much but holy crap 9 yards! Yes, the sacks negated most of our yards but damn that was fun.

Yards after the catch was mind boggling. To see an open field in front of Kylin Hill was intoxicating. I can only imagine what Kylin and our WR’s were feeling when they made the catch and turned up field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    As soon as Capn Leach showed up, the smart players knew that play time was over.

2 guys didn't get the memo, and they are wasting away at FSU.