Thread: Fantastic Article On Leach, Mumme Air Raid

vCash

Fantastic Article On Leach, Mumme Air Raid

Haven't seen this article posted anywhere but it deserves. Fantastic read about the air raid that really gives you some insight about what we'll see

[tweet2]1309130562850959361[/tweet2]
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Haven't seen this article posted anywhere but it deserves. Fantastic read about the air raid that really gives you some insight about what we'll see

[tweet2]1309130562850959361[/tweet2]
    For all of you that want to know why our WR will be better this year, here is the quote:

"That's the beauty because you're only practicing 20 plays too. You run these plays against every look, against every blitz. You're not trying to call a perfect play into a perfect defense. You're just calling what you do well against anything."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    For all of you that want to know why our WR will be better this year, here is the quote:
    I think one thing we'll all notice tomorrow is how much faster we play. Guys will be playing at their level speed instead of slow like JoMo's offense

vCash
    I think one thing we'll all notice tomorrow is how much faster we play. Guys will be playing at their level speed instead of slow like JoMo's offense
    Leach brought this up last night and his talk show. He even mentioned the defense running at a much faster pace now too.

vCash
    The ironic thing is Leach's purpose is the same as what JoMo said was this goal, take what the defense gives him. Everyone has a read (if my defender does this, I do this), but from what I can tell, it's one read each. But it does make one simple play more like 10 plays to defend, but only 2 plays to learn. And that's the "Magic". It's also why he doesn't move the WR around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    The ironic thing is Leach's purpose is the same as what JoMo said was this goal, take what the defense gives him. Everyone has a read (if my defender does this, I do this), but from what I can tell, it's one read each. But it does make one simple play more like 10 plays to defend, but only 2 plays to learn. And that's the "Magic". It's also why he doesn't move the WR around.
    One major difference Leach drills home that Joe does nor is "never pass up an open WR" and "take what the defense gives you and take it NOW"

The result of this is the ball just gets out much quicker

vCash
    One major difference Leach drills home that Joe does nor is "never pass up an open WR" and "take what the defense gives you and take it NOW"

The result of this is the ball just gets out much quicker
    Joe also had 3 -4 in play reads for each player, and had to find the perfect play. Leach thinks every play is the right play.

vCash
    There is an old saying "A good plan executed on time is better than a perfect plan executed too late."

The epitome of Leach vs Moorhead.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.