Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Florida -14?

vCash

Thoughts on Florida -14?

Away and first game of the season, but still seems like Florida can cover that?

Mullen's QB is returning and has a veteran offense and I think his offense will be less impacted by the layoff than most.

Not sure what they've got coming back on defense, but not expecting Ole Miss to be together yet with a new offense.

Am I letting my anti-UM feelings cloud my judgement?

vCash
    I think OM is getting destroyed. But we don't know who might be out with Covid yet.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Florida is going to boat race them.

vCash
    UF- 42

OM- 17

I think it's gonna be 3+ TD's. Don will run circles around Kiffin and Partridge/their defense.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Florida is going to boat race them.
    That's what I'm thinking but am concerned I'm being homerish. Or whatever the correct term is when you view your rival with a negative skew.

vCash
    How quick we forget how Mullen teams tend to play to competition.

vCash
    has OM even figured out who their starting QB is ? On another note - you never know about OM sometimes but I'll bet Mullen still dislikes them and wouldn't mind keeping his foot on the accelerator ... although that's kinda out of character for him
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I don't expect him to do that against OM. There is still some animosity there with him.

vCash
    Doesn't Florida seem to struggle when visiting the state of mississippi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I don't expect him to do that against OM. There is still some animosity there with him.
    Wished he'd showed some animosity in '14 and '15.

vCash
    The OM poster boys should tell you everything you need to know. The narrative with most of them
    Is now how great a coach Mullenz is and how it’s not if it’s when he will win it all. It’s also apparently Florida in the east and no one else. They think they can hang with them and make it a game no matter who the QB is. The egg bowl last yr should show everyone how to shut down Plumlee and Corral doesn’t scare anyone.

To me last yr was a typical new QB no one was prepared for in Plumlee. The back up is always better cause the defense was prepared for a throwing QB. Not one who was gonna run and not be able to throw the ball past 15 yrds.

vCash
    Not really. Every team is going to have those games but Mullen wasn't particularly bad about that. He crapped the bed in the egg bowl a few time, but mostly we did about like our talent would predict and a little better. When we struggled with G5 teams, it was usually because we had significant holes on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    has OM even figured out who their starting QB is ?
    Took a look at their opening depth chart yesterday out of curiosity and they've got Corral -or- Plumlee. Slightly interesting to me as many thought it would be Corral no contest with Plumlee possibly changing positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    That's what I'm thinking but am concerned I'm being homerish. Or whatever the correct term is when you view your rival with a negative skew.
    That's called being a hater, but that's okay I am too when it comes to TSUN.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Doesn't Florida seem to struggle when visiting the state of mississippi?
    Steve Spurrier never won a game in Starkville until he was coach at South Carolina.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Wished he'd showed some animosity in '14 and '15.
    He's not actively searching for jobs at the moment, so he should be good. They also have an idiot with a lawsuit against he and Stricklin at the moment, so he may rub some salt in that wound. Either way, if he wants to beat OM by more than 14 points with this year's Florida squad, he should be able to. I would not count on that Ole Miss team covering anything at the moment. They are going to have a historically bad defense again and their best quarterback will be playing slot receiver or tailback.

vCash
    OM is gonna be pretty bad defensively. They were improved last year, but still not good, and they lost some of their best players.

Banned
    vCash
    I don't trust Florida to have the fire power to cover, but then again I don't trust OM offense to move the ball. Corral should be the starter but if OM goes with Plumlee then it's a wrap that Florida covers. Only way I see OM moving the ball against Grantham is 3rd and Grantham and plumlee is not that dude. WRs aren't there to do any damage yet. I like the under in this but not all that much. 14 is a tough line with the propensity to have Corral in 2nd half backdoor covering against backups. I liked it better when it opened at single digits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Away and first game of the season, but still seems like Florida can cover that?

Mullen's QB is returning and has a veteran offense and I think his offense will be less impacted by the layoff than most.

Not sure what they've got coming back on defense, but not expecting Ole Miss to be together yet with a new offense.

Am I letting my anti-UM feelings cloud my judgement?
    Depends. Who is the backup QB in case OM accidentally breaks the starting QB's leg? At one point OM's only three FBS wins over several games were won by taking the best player on the other team out of the game (State, Texas Tech, and someone else).

vCash
    Hasn't happened at Florida.