Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game will likely be interrupted Saturday by SCOTUS announcement....

vCash

Game will likely be interrupted Saturday by SCOTUS announcement....

I saw where sixpackspeak tweeted this, and I bet he is right. Are we really finally going to have a State game only for it to be interrupted during the second half? I'm anxious for the SCOTUS announcement, but I wish Trump could do it around 10am before football starts. Going to be some angry fans.

vCash
    With all of the available ways to watch things surely there is a way to watch the game without interruption.

Banned
    vCash
    Put me in the boat of angry fans. Dude cannot wait 24 hours for this woman's body to be in the ground. Monday is ripe for this type of announcement to let people mourn a couple days and let America enjoy sports "without politics intervening" then move forward. But nope, gonna have something interrupted. Here's to hoping CBS isn't stupid about what they show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Put me in the boat of angry fans. Dude cannot wait 24 hours for this woman's body to be in the ground. Monday is ripe for this type of announcement to let people mourn a couple days and let America enjoy sports "without politics intervening" then move forward. But nope, gonna have something interrupted. Here's to hoping CBS isn't stupid about what they show.
    I actually think he's doing the right thing to wait a week despite most thinking he should go ahead and do it. He's trying to be respectful. I just wish he'd do it before 11am on Saturday. I'm being selfish, but football is finally here and I don't want to be interrupted.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I actually think he's doing the right thing to wait a week despite most thinking he should go ahead and do it. He's trying to be respectful. I just wish he'd do it before 11am on Saturday. I'm being selfish, but football is finally here and I don't want to be interrupted.
    True. I'll be honest I'm rather shocked he hasn't named one already. I get being respectful but this announcement timing could piss off his base. Imagine he announces it at 8 pm Saturday and ABC cuts away from FSU-Miami. That would piss off a good portion of a state he needs. Just seems ill-planned to not do it Monday. Makes him look good for waiting. Has it coincide with the start of the week when they can just push it through. Doesn't piss off any sports fans. (Maybe baseball if there are playoff tiebreakers or whatever.) But this admin has never done the smart thing so what else is new.

vCash
    I don't think our game will be interrupted. It will be a breaking news ticker tape down at the bottom from the local channel. The 24/7 news outlets will carry it live.

vCash
    He's waiting a week. That's about all he can do. He probably should announce before the games start on Saturday. Or better yet, announce Monday morning. There's not really anything that's going to be done between Saturday and Monday. Just give McConnell the timing of the announcement so he can go ahead and start scheduling, then be announce Monday morning.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    He's waiting a week. That's about all he can do. He probably should announce before the games start on Saturday. Or better yet, announce Monday morning. There's not really anything that's going to be done between Saturday and Monday. Just give McConnell the timing of the announcement so he can go ahead and start scheduling, then be announce Monday morning.
    That's just more words to say what I said he should do lol. Monday is the right time for this type of announcement.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If we get our game interrupted for that shit I will be angry. Doing it in the middle of a football Saturday on the first weekend of SEC football is the definition of not knowing the room.

vCash
    I hope we can find a link or the CBSsports channel will carry it during the interruption. If someone finds a link, please post it.

vCash
    NO. It's a "I hate Trump Network". They will not give it a time of day.

vCash
    You are sick.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    You are sick.
    I thought covid was a hoax. How did I get sick then? ****

vCash
    TDS....

vCash
    Put me in the boat of angry fans. Dude cannot wait 24 hours for this woman's body to be in the ground.
    RBG, being Jewish, by tradition should have been buried within 24 hours. Even considering Jewish Holy days should have been LAST Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    RBG, being Jewish, by tradition should have been buried within 24 hours. Even considering Jewish Holy days should have been LAST Monday.
    I'm sure her family is in the loop...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    TDS....

vCash
    This is the link to Watch ESPN. I haven't used it since last season but it's free. You have to be getting your internet through one on the services on their list, but there are boatloads of them. I have used Comcast in the past and presently use Xfinity.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=2993025
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Also just read on 247, CBS All Access will carry it uninterrupted. CBS All Access comes free with 247 membership.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    There are things more important than football and this would be one of them. To act like Trump should order his announcement around a football game or he'll lose voters or you'll get mad is petty.