Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KJ Costello: "The switch flipped for me and the team."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    This almost seems impossible given the idea we were horribly conditioned to begin with. Maybe that wasnt the problem with last years team.
    Not really. At that age, you can get in elite shape in a few months. Especially starting from where they were. As bad as they looked compared to other SEC teams (and really compared to any college football team at any level that takes conditioning seriously), they weren't sitting at home all day eating cheesy puffs. They were in pretty good shape, just not DI football shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Couple things. He played at Stanford in the PAC. Conditioning (like weightlifting) is something you can ramp back up quickly (read this as a few months rather than taking years to build) when you had it before. A lot of these kids had it before. Country stamina beats west coast stamina.
    That is certainly plausible. I just hope KJ doesnt end up on his back too often. I remember the days of Kevin Fant running for his life in the early 2000's and our line not blocking a bad odor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Not really. At that age, you can get in elite shape in a few months. Especially starting from where they were. As bad as they looked compared to other SEC teams (and really compared to any college football team at any level that takes conditioning seriously), they weren't sitting at home all day eating cheesy puffs. They were in pretty good shape, just not DI football shape.
    With no spring practice this year maybe they put that time into strength and conditioning ... that is if they were allowed to do so
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I tried to rep this but couldn't .... that was some funny $#%* right there
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    This is the way I think the game will go.

lsu comes out smoking and we look disorganized and discombobulated.
    We slowly get things working and by the end of the game our offense is rolling.
    Pelini will be aggressive and take chances which could open up the big play for us.
    We MUST stop the run. Not shut it down, but put the game in Brennan's hands.
    We must run the ball and get Hill in open space.
    Our WR's must catch the ball. If we have a ton of drops and/or TO's lsu will cover.

I'm worried about our defense. Can we get a stop late if we keep this game close?

vCash
    Early injuries will effect this game - just hope it's not us.

vCash
    Dawgs have a big yardage gain expect a flag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post

Pelini will be aggressive and take chances which could open up the big play for us.
    Our WR's must catch the ball. If we have a ton of drops and/or TO's lsu will cover.

I'm worried about our defense. Can we get a stop late if we keep this game close?
    Don't get your hopes up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbarkus View Post

Direct hand offs to Kylin are going to be few. KJ will pass it to Kylin behind the LOS a lot. That's basically Leach's run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Direct hand offs to Kylin are going to be few. KJ will pass it to Kylin behind the LOS a lot. That's basically Leach's run game.
    And screens to wide receivers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Again LSU is 3 years out from losing to us 37-7 and home loss to Troy.
    They wanted O ass gone.
    That team was arguably more talented than the team they have this year
    They have lost their DC Aranda and QB coach ( basically their OC ) Brady
    And lost over 3/4 of their starting line up on both defense and offense

The 2019 LSU team could be considered the best team this decade but
    LSU isn?t Bama or Clemson.. they aren?t even close.. one year doesn?t make you a dynasty
    Let?s see what happens.. give me that 17.5 all day and what the hell give me some of that ML

Yes our Def is. A HUGE question mark .. but they lost damn near their starting 11and prob a couple of 2 deeps on D as well

outside of WR ( maybe) They have Terrance Marshall retuning, we check every box on offense vs LSU
    Qb check
    Rb Check
    OL check
    Oh Well...
    Hello ML

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Oh Well...
    Lol, well done.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The match-up is our O vs their D- we will score some points for sure.

Their O vs our D- their OL will handle our DL and they will rape our Secondary.

We may cover the 17 for sure because of all their new faces. But I'll be beyond shocked if we win this game
    Tell us more how right you were on LSU.