Thread: A little baseball talk

vCash

A little baseball talk

Cade Smith threw 20 pitches to live hitters. Pitching Coach is working on his change up. They told him he has a chance to pitch on weekends. He has missed a lot of practice with him being quarantined twice, he tested negative both times.
    More later but it?s very early practice and lots of changes before season starts.

vCash
    We have some good young talent. I'm hearing good things about one of our recruits- Hunter Hines. He has been tearing it up and he will be at MSU next year hopefully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Cade Smith threw 20 pitches to live hitters. Pitching Coach is working on his change up. They told him he has a chance to pitch on weekends. He has missed a lot of practice with him being quarantined twice, he tested negative both times.
    More later but it?s very early practice and lots of changes before season starts.
    Wow, huge news. The roster is so big, the coaches have lots of options. A freshman has to be a beast to break through, it seems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Wow, huge news. The roster is so big, the coaches have lots of options. A freshman has to be a beast to break through, it seems.
    His demeanor, composure and his calmness his a huge asset. He will throw strikes and challenge hitters. its who he is. Will shall see about him pitching as far as weekends. Maybe they told several the same thing, I just know he missed alot of practice and to me, that aint all bad as he should be "fresh" Trying not to brag, but I just no his makeup inside.

vCash
    His demeanor, composure and his calmness his a huge asset. He will throw strikes and challenge hitters. its who he is. Will shall see about him pitching as far as weekends. Maybe they told several the same thing, I just know he missed alot of practice and to me, that aint all bad as he should be "fresh" Trying not to brag, but I just no his makeup inside.
    Brag all you want man. If my son or grandson were showing out at his first fall in college, I'd be pumped too.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    At a place like MSU and several other SEC schools, you can not be a weekend starter and still be a really good top of the line pitcher. I kind of feel bad for some of the young pitchers situation b/c of the this covid mess. There just aren’t going to be enough innings to go around like a typical season would allow. Could be a good thing as far as arm health goes though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    At a place like MSU and several other SEC schools, you can not be a weekend starter and still be a really good top of the line pitcher. I kind of feel bad for some of the young pitchers situation b/c of the this covid mess. There just aren’t going to be enough innings to go around like a typical season would allow. Could be a good thing as far as arm health goes though.
    i think in the first fall practice over 20 pitchers threw around 20 pitches each. Btw 12 of Cade's 20 pitches were against his former HS teammate K James. From my understanding it was a battle between the 2.

vCash
    Thanks for the info. Too bad they won?t let us see any scrimmages!

vCash
    Good luck to Cade, Basedog!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Thanks for the info. Too bad they won?t let us see any scrimmages!
    Parents can view via some video.

vCash

Any Dugout Club Members

can watch these games from the comfort of your home on our Zoom Team Scrimmage Feed:
    You can join by meeting ID (*) or by clicking the link below to access the room. The password for this meeting is provided with membership.

Little doubt Homedawg will be watching if he isn?t attending in person.

Saturday 9/26 ? 12:20 pm
    Sunday 9/27 ? 1:20 pm