Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Selmon to JSU

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    If facilities make any kind of impact on a prospective recruit, JSU will have almost no impact on State or OM recruiting anytime soon.

    And JSU plays in Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jacktown, which is so run down it is pitiful.

  2. #22
    Senior Member biscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tate County
    Posts
    368
    vCash
    3216
    I don't see Prime recruiting against us in any way except for marginal prospects. Where he will be successful is the transfer portal for the 3rd and 4th stringers on SEC rosters. He will do well getting guys that couldn't cut it, for whatever reason, from Bama, LSU, State, etc.
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

  3. #23
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    14,689
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    You must be hitting the home brew*****

  4. #24
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,711
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    Put down the crack pipe.

    If he?s successful he will be gone in 2-3 seasons because he?s Sanders. The SEC and JSU doesn?t go after the same recruits. They just ?stole? an athlete that couldn?t make the 2-deep on one of the thinnest SEC defenses this season.... it?s insignificant regardless of who their coach is.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Tbonewannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Posts
    10,043
    vCash
    1000
    Also, not sure how you sell a recruit competing for SWAC championships instead of a real championship. The SWAC got the shit kicked out of them so bad they opted not to even try for a National Title.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,424
    vCash
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    I mean, maybe some of the guys MSU or Ole Miss is trying to keep warm stick with their JSU commitment when they get a last minute offer? Or maybe they go ahead and sign in the fall rather than wait to see if they get an offer?

    That could end up having an impact b/c historically some of those last second grabs for any program will turn out to be significant players, but I don't know. Just not sure he's really going to move the needle that much as far as convincing players to forego the SEC to play in the SWAC.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,034
    vCash
    3200952
    Prime isn't there for the long haul success. If he's successful, he'll move up within 3 years. If not, then there's nothing to worry about. It's not like he's gonna be at JSU for 15+ years to build a SWAC dynasty.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    463
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Prime isn't there for the long haul success. If he's successful, he'll move up within 3 years. If not, then there's nothing to worry about. It's not like he's gonna be at JSU for 15+ years to build a SWAC dynasty.
    Just wait until Prime sees how bad the budget is at JSU! It's a mess!!

  9. #29
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,612
    vCash
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    Lol. If you seriously think JSU will ever influence MSU/OM recruiting you seriously have no idea of the landscape of college football. JSU will NEVER take a recruit State or OM want. Period

  10. #30
    Senior Member msu15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SCOOBA'S DOME
    Posts
    1,039
    vCash
    1050600
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno what Prime Time's "in game coachin' abilities" may/may not be, but I do know this...

    If that cat is there long enough, he will recruit/sell JSU at a level that will bury USM and have a huge influence on the recruiting efforts of both MSU and OM...
    Whenever you get back from 1974 let us know.
    Fire Ben Howland

  11. #31
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,179
    vCash
    1087076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lol. If you seriously think JSU will ever influence MSU/OM recruiting you seriously have no idea of the landscape of college football. JSU will NEVER take a recruit State or OM want. Period
    Well??

    "Smith committed to LSU on Dec. 1. He told the Clarion Ledger there's a 90% chance he signs with LSU in December. Out of the other 10%, Jackson State has a 7% chance of landing his services."

    Deion Smith was named for Prime Time.

    From the same article:
    "Holmes County cornerback Khamauri Rogers, ranked the No. 1 2022 prospect in Mississippi by Rivals, ESPN and the 247Sports Composite, has interacted with Sanders on multiple occasions at camps and off-season competitions. Rogers also received an offer from JSU, his father's alma mater, this week."
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,708
    vCash
    50214
    Neither are going to JSU and Rogers isn't the best prospect in the state in 22 either. Of course, if Rogers keeps falling, who knows with him.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 09-25-2020 at 07:01 AM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,722
    vCash
    53427
    This is going to be all fun and games until they get embarrassed on the football field by teams they think they can compete against. Reality is gonna hit hard.

  14. #34
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,612
    vCash
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Well??

    "Smith committed to LSU on Dec. 1. He told the Clarion Ledger there's a 90% chance he signs with LSU in December. Out of the other 10%, Jackson State has a 7% chance of landing his services."

    Deion Smith was named for Prime Time.

    From the same article:
    "Holmes County cornerback Khamauri Rogers, ranked the No. 1 2022 prospect in Mississippi by Rivals, ESPN and the 247Sports Composite, has interacted with Sanders on multiple occasions at camps and off-season competitions. Rogers also received an offer from JSU, his father's alma mater, this week."
    If you believe either of those prospects will go to JSU you are as far in the sauce as he is. Zero chance.

  15. #35
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,179
    vCash
    1087076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If you believe either of those prospects will go to JSU you are as far in the sauce as he is. Zero chance.
    Didn't say I believed that. Just posted what was said in the article. Maybe you ought to push that booze away Jarius.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

  16. #36
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,612
    vCash
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Didn't say I believed that. Just posted what was said in the article. Maybe you ought to push that booze away Jarius.
    Then what was the reason for posting the article? I am aware of what they said. They aren’t going to Jackson State, and State nor Ole Miss will ever lose someone they want on the recruiting trail to Jackson State no matter who their coach is.
    Last edited by Jarius; 09-25-2020 at 03:41 PM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Todd4State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,234
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Then what was the reason for posting the article? I am aware of what they said. They aren’t going to Jackson State, and State nor Ole Miss will ever lose someone they want on the recruiting trail to Jackson State no matter who their coach is.
    They have Deion. We have Tony Hughes. I like our odds.

  18. #38
    Senior Member msbulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    W. Monroe, LA
    Posts
    7,179
    vCash
    1087076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Then what was the reason for posting the article? I am aware of what they said. They aren’t going to Jackson State, and State nor Ole Miss will ever lose someone they want on the recruiting trail to Jackson State no matter who their coach is.
    Posting for information purposes only. Do you have a problem with that? I'd didn't post that to start a quarrel with you. Chill! Hail State!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.