Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach Prime getting Terrell Owens for WR coach

vCash

Coach Prime getting Terrell Owens for WR coach

That's the rumor. He's going after other NFL guys too for coaching positions.

This is either going to be the greatest experiment in college football or a total disaster.

vCash
    Smoooooooooooot!!!! Make it happen!!!!!!

vCash
    Could be real interesting - get a group of well respected former teammates and friends (who made bank, so the salaries isn't an issue) and give them an alternate route to get into coaching. Give me Prime Time as HC, TO at WR, Donovan McNabb as QB coach, Warren Sapp on the OL, Smoot for the DB's, Jesse Tuggle to coach LB's, Charles Haley coach DL, Emmett Smith to coach RB's. And make it the replacement for Last Chance U on Netflix.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The Shotgun crystal ball says.... This will be a Grade A Shit Show
    Yeah I'm leaning that way myself.

vCash
    The Shotgun crystal ball says.... This will be a Grade A Shit Show
    But, it will be the most entertaining JSU has been since.... ever???
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    He said today that they sent out a ton of offers yesterday, "and not to low level kids...to the biggest recruits in the country."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    He said today that they sent out a ton of offers yesterday, "and not to low level kids...to the biggest recruits in the country."
    Like pissing on a forest fire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    But, it will be the most entertaining JSU has been since.... ever???
    Oh yeah. Like I said in another thread it'll be like Casey Stengel and the '62 Mets, but on steroids.

vCash
    They're saying there will be a movement where top level athletes are going to start choosing HBCU's.

I ain't buying that even a little bit.

vCash
    They're saying there will be a movement where top level athletes are going to start choosing HBCU's.

Me either. Don't see it happening. We all know these blue chips are getting paid and to get paid you have to go to schools with deep pocket boosters.

vCash
    good luck getting those millionaires to move to Jackson, MS
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash

I can see it, a kid struggling to decide between SWAC or the SEC*****

vCash
    Too many egos. There will be a fight a week. Should be fun to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Me either. Don't see it happening. We all know these blue chips are getting paid and to get paid you have to go to schools with deep pocket boosters.
    It's really irrelevant. The Power 5 brands are what people cheer for, not the players.

If the best player in the country choose HBCUs, Bama would still have 100K, MSU 60K, & LSU 100K.

It makes no difference.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    It's really irrelevant. The Power 5 brands are what people cheer for, not the players.

If the best player in the country choose HBCUs, Bama would still have 100K, MSU 60K, & LSU 100K.

It makes no difference.
    I realize that, what i'm saying is the HBCU's can't afford these elite athletes and these athletes are all about getting paid. They're not going to go somewhere where they ain't getting the money joe bobs getting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    good luck getting those millionaires to move to Jackson, MS
    Yeah, I don't see a bunch of former NFL greats tracking all the way down to Jackson to coach a team to a SWAC championship.

vCash
    It's like I've said since all this started, this is going to be an unmitigated disaster and I hope we get a reality show out of it. No top recruit is going to forgo playing at Bama, USC, OSU, etc. to come play against Prairie View at the Vet in front of 10K people. If he's smart, which I'm not convinced he is, he'll go after JUCO guys and guys in the G5 who are looking to take a step down.

However, none of that solves the fact that I don't believe he's a very good coach. This guy is an OC at a high school in TX and couldn't call an offense to beat an MAIS team. And that's not a knock on MRA, but with all the D1 athletes they supposedly have it shouldn't be rocket science to figure out how to win against an overmatched opponent.

vCash
    Another thing he said was that JSU averages 33,000 fans at their games. What? He might should have fact checked that first. JSU is not out drawing USM are they? I admittedly haven't been to a game to see if that's true, but I cannot fathom them having 33k fans at every game.