Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach Prime getting Terrell Owens for WR coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Another thing he said was that JSU averages 33,000 fans at their games. What? He might should have fact checked that first. JSU is not out drawing USM are they? I admittedly haven't been to a game to see if that's true, but I cannot fathom them having 33k fans at every game.
    Last year in 5 home games JSU averaged 33,600. I was shocked as heck to see that!

vCash
    Another thing he said was that JSU averages 33,000 fans at their games. What? He might should have fact checked that first. JSU is not out drawing USM are they? I admittedly haven't been to a game to see if that's true, but I cannot fathom them having 33k fans at every game.
    I doubt they outdraw USM, but some games they probably come close.

vCash
    They probably do. They sell tickets at the gate for 2$.

vCash
    I can definitely see the HBCU movement occurring in NCAA Baseketball. It is a numbers game and all it takes is a high profile guy or two really good ones and guys that know their role. Football, the numbers are too big and would require an orchestrated effort. One or two players can turn a basketball team around quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    I can definitely see the HBCU movement occurring in NCAA Baseketball. It is a numbers game and all it takes is a high profile guy or two really good ones and guys that know their role. Football, the numbers are too big and would require an orchestrated effort. One or two players can turn a basketball team around quick.
    Well and basketball has the ability to play a bunch of non conference games as well as they have the tournament. College football doesn't have a tournament and I imagine we're about to see the end of FCS school getting buy games left and right. Fans want to see compelling games.

vCash
    33,600 average attendance at 5 home games for JSU last year. Shocking but true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm surprised if true, but how do we know? This is JSU numbers right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I'm surprised if true, but how do we know? This is JSU numbers right?
    It's on the ESPN website with the total attendance in the box scores of each game. Now whether or not those numbers are legit, I don't know, but it's whats being reported.

vCash
    It's on the ESPN website with the total attendance in the box scores of each game. Now whether or not those numbers are legit, I don't know, but it's whats being reported.
    What's the angle for a school like JSU to be propping up attendance numbers?

I guess I get a D1 school doing it.

vCash
    Things will be lit when Prime hires Lawrence Taylor to be LB coach, lol. The chalk-lines on the football field will be made with actual cocaine.**

vCash
    Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless say Ole Miss and State should be scared, because "Deion will be out recruiting Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin in that State"

These guys get paid for their sports talk. This is laughable

vCash
    Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless say Ole Miss and State should be scared, because "Deion will be out recruiting Mike Leach and Lane Kiffin in that State"

Oh, lol...coupling this with his mental health take, Skip is really going all out for dipshit of the year.

That show is so awful. There is zero nuance to their discussions at all....it's like they are contractually obligated to take polar-opposite takes on every issue regardless of how much lunacy it entails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, lol...coupling this with his mental health take, Skip is really going all out for dipshit of the year.

That show is so awful. There is zero nuance to their discussions at all....it's like they are contractually obligated to take polar-opposite takes on every issue regardless of how much lunacy it entails.
    Nail on head.

vCash

I'm sure Leach and kifiin are scared to death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Could be real interesting - get a group of well respected former teammates and friends (who made bank, so the salaries isn't an issue) and give them an alternate route to get into coaching. Give me Prime Time as HC, TO at WR, Donovan McNabb as QB coach, Warren Sapp on the OL, Smoot for the DB's, Jesse Tuggle to coach LB's, Charles Haley coach DL, Emmett Smith to coach RB's. And make it the replacement for Last Chance U on Netflix.
    If Charles Haley is on your coaching staff you better make sure he is on his meds or he will poop on Deion's desk. Which is pretty much why the 49ers traded him to the Cowboys. Except trade George Seifert for Deion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    The Shotgun crystal ball says.... This will be a Grade A Shit Show
    This is more like watching a train wreck from five miles away.

They're saying there will be a movement where top level athletes are going to start choosing HBCU's.

I ain't buying that even a little bit.
    IF that happens I suspect it will be a fad and go away pretty soon. Or the legit guys that actually pan out will transfer out to somewhere that they can showcase their talents. History of this is not on their side. JSU is actually really in between D-II and FCS football. They have never won a playoff game in their history and HBCU's have a long history of stuggling and getting blown out in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    good luck getting those millionaires to move to Jackson, MS
    If they do I suspect most of them will be doing it for something to do. Until they get tired and decide to move on in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's like I've said since all this started, this is going to be an unmitigated disaster and I hope we get a reality show out of it. No top recruit is going to forgo playing at Bama, USC, OSU, etc. to come play against Prairie View at the Vet in front of 10K people. If he's smart, which I'm not convinced he is, he'll go after JUCO guys and guys in the G5 who are looking to take a step down.

However, none of that solves the fact that I don't believe he's a very good coach. This guy is an OC at a high school in TX and couldn't call an offense to beat an MAIS team. And that's not a knock on MRA, but with all the D1 athletes they supposedly have it shouldn't be rocket science to figure out how to win against an overmatched opponent.
    A reality show is probably the best thing that they could hope to get out of this. If he puts together his all-NFL staff I actually don't think they will recruit well either. Recruiting is a sales job and you're talking about players with already massive egos whose whole pitch is come play for me because I am awesome. I mean that worked out so well for Dan Mullen.**

Last year in 5 home games JSU averaged 33,600. I was shocked as heck to see that!
    I actually could believe having worked across the street from there for years and having seen the crowds. They play in a stadium that is pretty large- I think the Vet seats 72K?- so 33K attendance for them would be filling the stadium less than half full. They have a lot of fans and alumni in the largest city in the state and they sell tickets for cheap like Jack Lambert said- meaning they're accessible to pretty much everyone. I would imagine that most of their alumni stay in Jackson too- probably unlike Alcorn and Valley. They have the resources to be a HBCU superpower in football. However they keep hiring people like Deion Sander. They don't have a John Cohen who has actual sports sense. If they went out and hired Rod Broadway- NC A&T's former head coach who is 65 and led them to an undefeated season including a win over Charlotte- they could be the elite team in the SWAC in about three years.

They're both idiots. It's only a matter of time before they say something stupid enough- I thought Bayless's take on mental illness might be it- or do something stupid- like Shannon Sharpe with another sexual assault charge to get taken off the air. Unfortunately there is plenty more where that came from.

vCash
    there's some myopia within this thread....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

That's right all the best players would jump at a chance to play in the SWAC vs. the SEC. They'll love the superior facilities at JSU and the outstanding neighborHOOD.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium hold 60,492.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Has anyone heard from rob jay since deion was announced?!? I’m worried the excitement was too much for him

vCash
    Tailgating..
    $2-$10 tickets.
    3/4 go To watch the bands at halftime..
    Not surprising at all. Actually thought it might be a little more than that

JSU / Alcorn games used to sellout that stadium back a few years ago .
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 09-23-2020 at 07:08 AM.