Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Depth Chart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    you are back peddling
    Nah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Davis has been hurt... when he gets back to full health he will be a big time player for us..
    Wheat Is a very good option .. and is better than both Leo and Tim Washington
    That'll be a position of strength, especially next year after both guys have a year under their belt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I suspect arnett will play more zone than he ever has before to protect the young corners. That's not his M.O., so we will see, but it would not surprise me.
    Nope, Arnett is going to do what he always does. If we get burned, we get burned. He's going for pressure and turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Davis has been hurt... when he gets back to full health he will be a big time player for us..
    Wheat Is a very good option .. and is better than both Leo and Tim Washington
    Ari, what you hear on Shavers? Gotta say, I?m pumped he?s apparently come on strong enough to move past Osirus to take a starting spot.

And do you expect Malik Heath to play or be suspended?
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Ari, what you hear on Shavers? Gotta say, I?m pumped he?s apparently come on strong enough to move past Osirus to take a starting spot.

And do you expect Malik Heath to play or be suspended?
    The depth chart with the WR doesn’t really mean in that much IMO... guys will be rotating in a lot..
    but it’s a good sign IMO with Shavers ..
    With Heath I have no idea .. may e CML handled this in house and Heath plays..

vCash
    I understand the value of having someone with good hands at punt returner but Austin Williams? He maybe the least explosive WR on the roster.

vCash
    When is the last time we had a legitimate punt return 15+ yards anyway?

Not meant as a negative, just trying to think back and I’ve got nothing. All I can think about is Smokey being back there and wishing we just put all 11 on the line and went after the punter...... *cringes at the thought*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    When is the last time we had a legitimate punt return 15+ yards anyway?

Not meant as a negative, just trying to think back and I’ve got nothing. All I can think about is Smokey being back there and wishing we just put all 11 on the line and went after the punter...... *cringes at the thought*
    2015 was the last time we had a KO return for a TD. 2017 was the last time we had a punt returned for a TD. Our special teams has been well below average the last few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The fact that shavers is ahead of Osirus is a good thing. Osirus, to this point in his career, has been an average sec receiver. I'm glad our starter is better than that.

I think we are sleeping on our wr play
    Osirus has showed flashes of above average ability, but he hasn't even been average in the SEC, at least for somebody in a starting role. Not bashing him. He's been disadvantaged by coaching/scheme and if I remember he didn't play much football in high school (either b/c he focused on basketball or jsut started late? I may be getting him confused with the guy that was dismissed). I hope a new offense and better coaching makes a difference.

vCash
    Shavers and Osirus are an either/or. There's no difference and both will get similar reps.
    Also, the talk seems to be that Heath will play, but it's a wait and see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Shavers and Osirus are an either/or. There's no difference and both will get similar reps.
    Also, the talk seems to be that Heath will play, but it's a wait and see.
    Gosh we need Heath active. Whoever Stingley is covering is going to be shut down & I'd love for it to be Heath that's matched up with LSU's freshman CB on the opposite side.

Either Shavers/Osirus or Heath/Tulu will be locked up with Stingley on one side so we need Heath active to either hold up Stingley and pose somewhat of a challenge to him or we need him to win the matchup with their brand new CB they're breaking in on the other side. I get it usually takes JUCO's a little while to get acclimated but it sounds like Heath has been as advertised based off his hype coming out of HS and if he can get more consistent then he could be one of the best WR's to come through in a long time.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Brandon Holloway had one, if memory serves.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Here is the interesting X factor if you will on all of our receivers. They may have caught more balls in the past 6 weeks than they did in 12 weeks last year. They will get targeted consistently throughout a game due to how much emphasis Leach puts on distributing the ball and all WRs being active during the game. Unlike is slomo's offense, every single WR is looking to get the ball on every single snap. The QB is not going to run for much. The RB isn't going to get their yards running the ball. Those 66% of plays will now be pretty much open for receivers and backs out of the backfield. They know they are going to get the ball and get it quick. A lot easier for WRs to get into the zone, when they constantly do not have to think the QB is going to run constantly.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Someone may break our all time receptions numbers this year in only 10-11 games. Hopefully anyway.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Someone may break our all time receptions numbers this year in only 10-11 games. Hopefully anyway.
    You think KJ might break some passing records in 10 games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Here is the interesting X factor if you will on all of our receivers. They may have caught more balls in the past 6 weeks than they did in 12 weeks last year. They will get targeted consistently throughout a game due to how much emphasis Leach puts on distributing the ball and all WRs being active during the game. Unlike is slomo's offense, every single WR is looking to get the ball on every single snap. The QB is not going to run for much. The RB isn't going to get their yards running the ball. Those 66% of plays will now be pretty much open for receivers and backs out of the backfield. They know they are going to get the ball and get it quick. A lot easier for WRs to get into the zone, when they constantly do not have to think the QB is going to run constantly.
    That's an interesting thought - I wonder how much an impact continually going thru the motions, play after play, knowing a pass play is unlikely (let alone actually being targeted) has on a WR's concentration. Kids today have grown up in the 7 on 7 world that is ALL passing. From a WR's perspective, we might as well have been running the Wing-T the past few years because we were all about RTDB. I'm not saying that that decision was wrong based on the personnel we had - but our offenses were not built to sharpen the skills of WR's. Now that everything is about WR's and the passing game, hopefully those guys are getting the coaching and skill growth that has been lacking.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18