Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Depth Chart

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I understand. I also understand that it means the guys he's ahead of probably aren't too good.

I can buy spin, but you can't spin having a walk on start for us as a good thing. Nothing against the kid, I'm sure he's a hard worker.
    Leach has a walk on in the nfl as one of the better receivers in the game right now. The number 1 pick in the nfl draft was a walk on a couple of years ago. JJ Watt was a walk on. I believe our secondary is going to struggle but that guy beating out someone like Janari Dean and about 3 other scholarship players says a lot about him. He looks like a scholarship type athlete on his hudl and played at IMG against outstanding competition. He may be the worst safety we have ever put on the field for all I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He might just be a badass.
    I miss Josh Morgan.

vCash
    1. Some of you are reading the depth chart wrong.
    2. The initial depth chart isn't really legit. Some things are done for other reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Leach has a walk on in the nfl as one of the better receivers in the game right now. The number 1 pick in the nfl draft was a walk on a couple of years ago. JJ Watt was a walk on. I believe our secondary is going to struggle but that guy beating out someone like Janari Dean and about 3 other scholarship players says a lot about him. He looks like a scholarship type athlete on his hudl and played at IMG against outstanding competition. He may be the worst safety we have ever put on the field for all I know.
    That's fine. But I can name more walk ons that didn't make it to the nfl than those who did.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if it's a walk on back there or a scholly guy. We're gonna get lit up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He might just be a badass.
    He has to be.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    That's fine. But I can name more walk ons that didn't make it to the nfl than those who did.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if it's a walk on back there or a scholly guy. We're gonna get lit up
    Yea, I can too. He isn’t starting because we don’t have scholarship athletes to pick from at his position though. He was scout team player of the week under Moorhead on a consistent basis. He’s probably not as good as we need. You’re probably right. Could we at least wait until he does something wrong and we actually get lit up before we clutch our pearls though? If he beat out scholarship players he’s not you or me walking around back there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Oh boy.....If Craft is our starting SS then geez....
    Can you at least let the kid play a game 'before' you throw him under the bus!

According to the chart, he beat out
    CJ Morgan, Janari Dean, and Landon Guidry.

vCash
    Yea, I can too. He isn’t starting because we don’t have scholarship athletes to pick from at his position though. He was scout team player of the week under Moorhead on a consistent basis. He’s probably not as good as we need. You’re probably right. Could we at least wait until he does something wrong and we actually get lit up before we clutch our pearls though? If he beat out scholarship players he’s not you or me walking around back there.
    Well I would hope he wasn't me and you back there. Not sure why that's relevant. I'm not dogging him. I'm sure he works hard. Vanderbilt has players who work hard too.

vCash
    I don't think our defense will be good enough to exploit any of LSU's teething issues on offense.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 09-21-2020 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    I understand. I also understand that it means the guys he's ahead of probably aren't too good.

I can buy spin, but you can't spin having a walk on start for us as a good thing. Nothing against the kid, I'm sure he's a hard worker.
    I mean that's usually true. But it happens. Pretty sure josh Morgan was a walk on initially. Let's just see what the season brings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I mean that's usually true. But it happens. Pretty sure josh Morgan was a walk on initially. Let's just see what the season brings.
    No, I want to overreact now

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Well I would hope he wasn't me and you back there. Not sure why that's relevant. I'm not dogging him. I'm sure he works hard. Vanderbilt has players who work hard too.
    It’s relevant because you are acting like him being a walk on automatically makes him terrible. He isn’t playing because of injuries. He is working hard and beating out scholarship players that are better than Vanderbilt players. If he is good enough to beat out Janari Dean and the Collin Duncan kid then he is probably at least serviceable. Those 2 players had multiple big time SEC offers. Or maybe he isn’t and our coach has no idea of what he’s doing. We will find out in a few days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1. Some of you are reading the depth chart wrong.
    2. The initial depth chart isn't really legit. Some things are done for other reasons.
    Yea, I have no clue how Leach does it, but it seems pretty common at high school and college level for initial depth charts to reward practice warriors and sometimes motivate talented players that aren't practice warriors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Remind me where Cam Gardner came from and what the expectations were for him? I'm assuming at 6'4, 220, if he wasn't a bigtime recruit there must have been concern about his speed?
    Cameron Gardner came out of Starkville in 2017 /18 year and was not highly recruited. Rated a three star and a lower range of .833 rating. 247 says he was 6' 4" and 215lbs but if he weighed more than 190 I would be shocked. I don't think the questions were his speed but more his ability to contribute right away. He was a year younger than most coming out of HS at age 17 and needed another year or two to grow and develop.

I have been trying to keep up with him since I knew his family but not him. They loved his hands and his ability to catch last year, he just was not strong enough to be an SEC WR yet. Now, he has been working and still growing and he maybe close to that size listed now. I would not call him a late bloomer because he came in almost a year younger than so many HS players. Looking at his highlights, he can go up after a ball and has good hands.

I really think this guy could be a good one for us, at least I see the possibilities.

vCash
    It’s relevant because you are acting like him being a walk on automatically makes him terrible. He isn’t playing because of injuries. He is working hard and beating out scholarship players that are better than Vanderbilt players. If he is good enough to beat out Janari Dean and the Collin Duncan kid then he is probably at least serviceable. Those 2 players had multiple big time SEC offers. Or maybe he isn’t and our coach has no idea of what he’s doing. We will find out in a few days.
    I never said he was terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Can you at least let the kid play a game 'before' you throw him under the bus!

According to the chart, he beat out
    CJ Morgan, Janari Dean, and Landon Guidry.
    Morgan isn't 100% yet.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I never said he was terrible.
    You’ve implied it pretty heavily throughout the thread. Every starter in the secondary outside
    of he and Furge are going to be some of the best players on our defsense, so if you believe our secondary is going to be atrocious you are saying this guy is the reason.

vCash

CJ

Do you think he will make it back this season

vCash
    Im not 100% but I think Rob Morgan was the walk-on. Josh was a damn baller.

Our Secondary is going to get torched.
    I hate that for Lashley. He would have played a good bit even if he didnt start. OL should still be pretty good.
    Osirus not starting would be a surprise.
    Make sure you click on the extra time when recording our games this season. Gonna be some 4 hour long shootouts
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Craft is a walk on from IMG in Florida. His Dad played in the NFL and in Canada so he has some good bloodlines even though he is a walk on. I hope he is a badass.