Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since it's finally game week

vCash

Since it's finally game week

I think it's important to put everything in perspective before the melt begins. I'm just so thankful we are playing football for more reasons than just my own personal entertainment. I think it's important for all of us to remember we do have a new coaching staff (thank you six pound baby Jesus) and these 18-20 yr old kids have been through a lot of unfamiliar circumstances the last 6 months. Bashing them on this site, giving them derogatory nicknames, or melting because our expectations are too high will only make things worse. Just my take on it. And if you fear the Lord as I do, say a prayer for these boys this week. The NFL injuries this year have been unreal and I'm afraid college will be much the same, especially with no warm-up games. I'm sure I will melt at some point on here but I tend to limit mine to boneheaded coaching decisions and ignorant posters.

vCash
    Well said.

vCash
    Good post. This year, we need to see what we have and where it can grow from. Leach has always stepped in and had a good first year but he's never had to install his offense (which isn't the normal of the SEC) in such a crazy environment and virtually.

I want to believe we go 5-5 and if there are bowls.. we go to one (who knows) but if we get blasted by LSU out of the gate.. i can see a lot of people being pissed..saying the offense won't ever work.. we should run Hill more instead of passing to him...
    But we just have to take what is given this year. I HATE managing expectations. but we aren't winning the sec. So make the best of it we can.. win some damn games though.

vCash
    Good responses all. But even with low expectations there will be a meltdown because that's what we do as fans (even if we win, Ha). Of course, the heat on this board will be proportional to the lack of heat on the field by our team. Like many posters, if they play with energy and grit (not like 2018 & 2019) I will be OK with a competitive loss. Come out looking out of shape and without pride then all bets are off on the meltdown.

vCash
    It?s asinine to me there isn?t a rule on here enforced regarding giving athletes derogatory nicknames. Coaches sure who cares, but I wish we?d hand bans out for that crap. Especially since we know recruits parents read these

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think it's important to put everything in perspective before the melt begins. I'm just so thankful we are playing football for more reasons than just my own personal entertainment. I think it's important for all of us to remember we do have a new coaching staff (thank you six pound baby Jesus) and these 18-20 yr old kids have been through a lot of unfamiliar circumstances the last 6 months. Bashing them on this site, giving them derogatory nicknames, or melting because our expectations are too high will only make things worse. Just my take on it. And if you fear the Lord as I do, say a prayer for these boys this week. The NFL injuries this year have been unreal and I'm afraid college will be much the same, especially with no warm-up games. I'm sure I will melt at some point on here but I tend to limit mine to boneheaded coaching decisions and ignorant posters.
    Amen! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    People with expectations too high this season might be disappointed. There won?t be any excuses if we lose to ark, vandy or Missouri, but I think the other 7 games we just need to make sure we give competitive effort and play a full 60 minutes. One thing I?m confident about is that with Leach the effort will be 100 times better than with Moorhead even if we do get blown out against LSU Bama and UGA

vCash
    There were to many times last year when we were already out of it before the first quarter ended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Amen! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.
    I tried to rep him but got the same message .... good post and couldn't agree more with everything Cowbell said
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    My son who usually gets upset when State loses, said it's a wash season when I told him look for a four or five win season. He's just happy there is football. Personally I don't think LSU is this mountain of a team this season. Lost way too much and the coaches that are left are not that good and have proven that in the past. O is not a good coach. Even the new DC has been out of the SEC for a long time and the SEC has changed since he was here last.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-22-2020 at 08:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure, the expectations of the defense aren’t too high. Every punt will apparently be celebrated like New Years
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    People with expectations too high this season might be disappointed. There won?t be any excuses if we lose to ark, vandy or Missouri, but I think the other 7 games we just need to make sure we give competitive effort and play a full 60 minutes. One thing I?m confident about is that with Leach the effort will be 100 times better than with Moorhead even if we do get blown out against LSU Bama and UGA
    There’s no excuse to losing to OM
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Excellent
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    So thankful that most of us are on the same page about this. It's gonna be a fun year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Good post. This year, we need to see what we have and where it can grow from. Leach has always stepped in and had a good first year but he's never had to install his offense (which isn't the normal of the SEC) in such a crazy environment and virtually.

I want to believe we go 5-5 and if there are bowls.. we go to one (who knows) but if we get blasted by LSU out of the gate.. i can see a lot of people being pissed..saying the offense won't ever work.. we should run Hill more instead of passing to him...
    But we just have to take what is given this year. I HATE managing expectations. but we aren't winning the sec. So make the best of it we can.. win some damn games though.
    After what we put on the field offensively the past two years, if we just come out and line up facing the right direction I won't complain. At least this time we know we have an offensive guru that can and will get results. He just may need some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    After what we put on the field offensively the past two years, if we just come out and line up facing the right direction I won't complain. At least this time we know we have an offensive guru that can and will get results. He just may need some time.
    Exactly the way I feel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    There’s no excuse to losing to OM
    I would say OM will be the biggest toss up game for both teams. Both are better than Ark, Vandy, Missouri and South Carolina but not quite in line with the rest of the SEC. New coaching staff and new systems for both teams. Being in Oxford is advantage them, but not sure if home field will play in much this year. Wouldn?t be surprised if it?s another 1-3 point game either way
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 09-22-2020 at 12:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post

Good post. I'm just treating this season as a glorified pre-season. If we win, great...if not, oh well, we are prepping for next year. I think I would be dissappointed for anything belowe 3 wins but anything beyond that is gravy in my opinion. I'm more interested in how next years squad if shaping up with Rogers and how our defensive unit is going to come together and grow over the next 365 days. It is ultra-important that we hold on to our DC for at LEAST 3-4 seasons.

vCash
    Leach seems to be able to retain coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    This. It'll be nice to see players actually getting after it instead of just going through the motions. Leach doesn't tolerate lack of effort. He doesnt care if you're a 5 star or a walk on he'll put whoever he feels is the best player on the field.