Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 scrimmage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I was about to say the same thing. Two back sets are pretty much a staple formation in Leach's offense. I would have been more surprised if we didn't see them.

I never understood why we went away from that. You would think we could pretty much always find some legacy walk-on that could fill that role and be good at it. Sylvester Hemphill was pretty good after Hanrahan graduated too. Nick Griffin kind of filled it for a little while. But only sort of.
    Yep. I think we're 13-0 going into the playoff if we would've kept that playbook.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Anything on Shraders progression? Thanks for the update!
    Nothing to speak of. I wouldn't put much weight into his development as a WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct. Urban's offense didn't have a TE till he got to Florida.
    And what a killer of a TE he got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Nothing to speak of. I wouldn't put much weight into his development as a WR.
    Thanks. This means we have better options thankfully

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    He's no dummy. He's not as stubborn as Moorhead.

Didn't Urban and Dan start using an extra TE when they came into the SEC? Gotta learn and adapt.
    Don't be suprised when he doesn't change his offense to the league too. Leach is a guy who absolutely knows his system and has a very proven track record to teach that information to his players.

Just don't be suprised when we throw the ball on 75% of theboffebsive snaps.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Don't be suprised when he doesn't change his offense to the league too. Leach is a guy who absolutely knows his system and has a very proven track record to teach that information to his players.

He invented the Air Raid. That’s his philosophy. You don’t hire mike leach and expect him to run more. That said, you’ll see numerous adjustments within the air raid to suit the SEC. That’s a good thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post

His system is also heavily used by the Saints and Patriots so it can transition to faster defensive players. JoeMo never had proof that his offense would work against real defensive speed. That is a big difference between JoeMo and Leach. Leach also has already had success at UK as an offensive coordinator so he knows what SEC defenses look like on the field not just on a white board.

vCash
    If I was a high level multi skilled running back recruit, I'd want to play for Leach. The NFL game has changed and backs are now utilized as athletes from the backfield. Leach will give Kylin Hill the opportunity to show he can be effective on multiple levels of the offense. People already know he can line up in the backfield and get north/south.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    He invented the Air Raid. That’s his philosophy. You don’t hire mike leach and expect him to run more. That said, you’ll see numerous adjustments within the air raid to suit the SEC. That’s a good thing
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    2 back sets- Leach is adjusting to SEC defenses
    Leach has been using 2 back sets as a core part of the offense for years and years, so it has nothing to do with adjusting to SEC defenses. They like Marks and want to get him and Hill on the field at the same time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hp22 View Post
    If I was a high level multi skilled running back recruit, I'd want to play for Leach. The NFL game has changed and backs are now utilized as athletes from the backfield. Leach will give Kylin Hill the opportunity to show he can be effective on multiple levels of the offense. People already know he can line up in the backfield and get north/south.
    This is a very good point.

vCash
    Excellent point.

I think Leach is about to be in his prime as a coach. And he has more resources than ever. Plus as you said the Air Raid or strains of it is all over the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Excellent point.

I think Leach is about to be in his prime as a coach. And he has more resources than ever. Plus as you said the Air Raid or strains of it is all over the NFL.
    He's got something to prove as well plus he needs to fund this Texas Tech lawsuit.

I'm with you. Due to circumstances, I believe his prime as a coach is coming later in his career than most.

Saban will turn 69 in a few weeks & just turned 59 in March. That means that Saban was only 3 years younger than Leach when he got Bama
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-20-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Excited to see what Kylin does because, objectively, Borghi's highlights from last year are better than Hill's. And it's not really close. See for yourself.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Excited to see what Kylin does because, objectively, Borghi's highlights from last year are better than Hill's. And it's not really close. See for yourself.
    They wouldn?t be if Kylin got to play for a competent coach and in the pac 12, but you are correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They wouldn?t be if Kylin got to play for a competent coach and in the pac 12, but you are correct.
    That's what I was inferring.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    2 back sets- Leach is adjusting to SEC defenses
    Yeah, because he never coached against and good SEC Defense before*** And if he had he never used 2 back sets*****

Last edited by SheltonChoked; 09-21-2020 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Yeah, because he never coached against and good SEC Defense before*** And if he had he never used 2 back sets*****

Damn that was hard to watch. That QB was horrible. There were SEVERAL times if Schrader were the QB, he would still be running.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Damn that was hard to watch. That QB was horrible. There were SEVERAL times if Schrader were the QB, he would still be running.

And how many of those RB plays would a back like Hill scored? And this was a bad WSU team playing an SEC that played for the National Championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    KJ is a lot better than that QB too.

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    And how many of those RB plays would a back like Hill scored? And this was a bad WSU team playing an SEC that played for the National Championship
    Kylin Hill is going to be a dangerous weapon in this offense. That was an average RB going up the gut on a good AU defense.