Thread: For any soccer fans

vCash

For any soccer fans

Our women play Auburn at 6:00 on the SEC network

vCash
    Question from an uninformed MSU fan, what is the outlook this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Question from an uninformed MSU fan, what is the outlook this season?
    I won't admit to being an expert but I know Coach Armstrong is in his second year (he was an assistant at Auburn)and we made the SEC conference tournament last year, which we hadn't done in close to 15 years. I think he had a good recruiting class. We were picked 11th in the conference in the preseason coaches poll.

I think making the SEC tournament should be the goal and anything on top of that would be gravy.

vCash
    1-1 end of regulation. On to overtime

vCash
    In double OT now, we look like the better team in that we're putting mre pressure on them. But you can tell both teams are exhausted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    In double OT now, we look like the better team in that we're putting mre pressure on them. But you can tell both teams are exhausted
    I agee. 19 shots on goal tonight. Cash is a beast, easy on the eyes as well. Glad to get the tie but probably should have won.

vCash
    Ended in a tie We had 19 shots to their 8, 9 shots on goal to their 3. We seem to have outplayed them, just didn't close.

I know jack shit about soccer or how good Auburn is, fyi

vCash
    I wish we had a men's team. I just can't get into women's soccer. If we had a men's team on the NCAA level I would go to a lot of games. I live close enough to do it. I love the game. My handle here and elsewhere says it all.

GREAT day for the Red half of Mersyside by the way! YNWA!

vCash
    NCAA Women?s soccer is even hard for the Soccer fans to watch. Many things wrong and unsavory

(1) field is too big for lady speed and stamina ... like 10 year olds on a full size basketball court
    (2) too many players on the field, no space for lower twitch players... like 9 outfield baseball players in the infield cause nobody can hit the ball hard
    (3) ball is too big for precious, cute, tiny feet....they need a smaller ball with lower weight
    (4) Rapinoe ... basically 1/2 of the national population loves her the rest think she is an Imp...1/2 the Potential fans are Gone

I once invited several MSU players to play in my pickup league and we were astonished by how slow they were. The girls were super cute and we loved them playing, but even Ugly, Skinny, bird armed, Chicken Legged, and pimple faced boy engineers were dominating them. My boss played vs Duke and UNC girls in college same story. He got slapped for pulling the goalies shorts and panties down in a goal mouth scrum.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 09-19-2020 at 11:14 AM.