Thread: I would like to thank

vCash

I would like to thank

Greg Sankey and all our ADs for growing a pair and standing up to the Big 10. All we had to do was fold and there would be no college football right now. May not last, but atleast we have a shot. And the Big 10 and Pac12 look like fools. Complete power move by the big 10 that showed them who really is the king of college football.

vCash
    That's what the money is for, no need to thank him. I kid, I kid. I'm pretty dang appreciative as well. At first glance, the easy route would've been to call the season off. But I can only imagine the fallout that would've surely and swiftly followed suit.

vCash
    Wish they'd grown a pair as big as the Sunbelt, CUSA, Big12, ACC, & AAC and played more than just conference games.

vCash
    I can't believe all the sportswriters that think that playing in the spring would have been without issues.

Number one we don't know if COVID will still be around in the spring or not. I think it's highly likely it will be still around at least in January. Granted it will continue to get weaker.

But the thing is I think playing in the spring would have been more dangerous. Football is a year round sport basically. When the players are not playing they need the offseason to recover and to also condition and build back strength. If you play in the spring you're robbing players of that opportunity to recover. That to me would be like having a Little League pitcher throw 250 innings in a calendar year or something. They may not get COVID- but I would imagine that pretty much every other type of injury would increase throughout the sport. That includes potential concussions as well.

Even if they shortened the 2021 season to give players a little bit more rest then you are talking about hurting programs twice basically. At least as it is now the way that they are doing it we have a shorter season and highly likely will have a full regular 2021 season instead of two shorter seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Wish they'd grown a pair as big as the Sunbelt, CUSA, Big12, ACC, & AAC and played more than just conference games.
    Hindsight is 20/20 in this situation but I would have liked to have seen that as well.

vCash
    The SEC played it just right. I get your point and think it would have been fine.

But you got 2-3 weeks of trial runs before you hit the ground running. Let them test the market.

We got an extra few weeks of practice with a new coaching staff after missing spring ball too. And school has been in session for most if not all of it. I think it actually worked to our benefit.

I hope the first two weeks go fine too. I hope as the season goes on, the attendance gradually increases.
    Last edited by hp22; 09-18-2020 at 07:33 AM.

vCash
    Give me 10 conference games every year

vCash
    I don't think the SEC ever came close to canceling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I don't think the SEC ever came close to canceling.
    I agree, I don't think it was even on the table. Sankey knew he would be on one hot seat if he cancelled things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I agree, I don't think it was even on the table. Sankey knew he would be on one hot seat if he cancelled things.
    Right, his unseating could have easily turned into a grade A spectacle. For all of the disdain those in my community have had for the social unrest, no SEC football might have sent them right over the edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Greg Sankey and all our ADs for growing a pair and standing up to the Big 10. All we had to do was fold and there would be no college football right now. May not last, but atleast we have a shot. And the Big 10 and Pac12 look like fools. Complete power move by the big 10 that showed them who really is the king of college football.
    Well I am glad they stood ground too and think it was the right thing to do but his motives are not about growing a pair or whatever. All about the money. Sankey has proven over and over he takes the PC route and sacrifices teams/programs for the good of the league, not about being fair or right on something. He couldn't let a virus take down the SEC and he saw the chance to push us ahead of other conferences. Right decision, no doubt but his motives are about Sankey.

Again like and agree with the outcome but I stop there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Give me 10 conference games every year
    10 conference games plus 3 OOC games would be great.