Thread: PAC-12 wants to start in November now?

vCash

PAC-12 wants to start in November now?

Will they really play and will the CFB Playoff be pushed back now?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aying-football

"After starting the day under the impression that six of its football teams could not begin contact practices or hold competition, the Pac-12 was informed Wednesday by officials in California and Oregon that no such restrictions are in place at the state level, an important step for a potential return to play."

vCash
    They can start whenever they want. They weren't going to be in the playoffs anyways.

vCash
    Yeah the big10 and pac12 screwed up and now they seeing that even the small conferences can play with very few issues and they're jumping back on the band wagon. Just shows it wasn't really about keeping players safe from Covid

vCash
    Correct, Commerce. It’s a shame, too.

vCash
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part..... screw em

vCash
    I just don’t understand how the playoffs or bowls are gonna work. All these teams playing different schedules and at different times.

So say Ohio State plays 7 games and goes 7-0 against the sucky B10. Then say (for sake of argument) State goes 7-2, 2 games canceled) loosing to Bama and UGA... How do you take OSU over us.

What if State and Florida go unbeaten? They take both of us over an unbeaten B10, B12, and ACC.

This shit is gonna be whack and a have a feeling a very good team is gonna get the shitty end...

To me this would be a perfect yr to try a new Playoff that is expanded....

vCash
    17 the Big 10 pusses and the liberal pansies west coast liberals. i was looking forward to not seeing any of them this year. And 17 u Herbie cry some more for us you dick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part..... screw em
    One of my grandfathers favorite sayings! I agree screw em!

vCash
    Bingo! Bingo! One of my favorites.

vCash
    Yep. Not the rest of NCAA's fault but their own.

To me, it's a really easy "fix" if they're playing conference only anyway. In theory they'll be playing against other out of shape teams. Oregon may have an advantage with Moorhead being used to that.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah the big10 and pac12 screwed up and now they seeing that even the small conferences can play with very few issues and they're jumping back on the band wagon. Just shows it wasn't really about keeping players safe from Covid
    Ideas have consequences and bad ideas have victims. That is what you get when you let politics get in front of actual facts and science. Have they learned anything? Doesn't look like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I just don’t understand how the playoffs or bowls are gonna work. All these teams playing different schedules and at different times.

So say Ohio State plays 7 games and goes 7-0 against the sucky B10. Then say (for sake of argument) State goes 7-2, 2 games canceled) loosing to Bama and UGA... How do you take OSU over us.

What if State and Florida go unbeaten? They take both of us over an unbeaten B10, B12, and ACC.

This shit is gonna be whack and a have a feeling a very good team is gonna get the shitty end...

To me this would be a perfect yr to try a new Playoff that is expanded....
    Playoffs are going to have to ignore the PAC12 and BIG10 or they are going to have to claim that they are having a 4 game playoff between conference champs, and let the best team from the SEC, ACC, and Big12 in, and then pick the best available between the Pac12 and Big10 to the extent they play. Going to be a lot of controversy no matter what they do because of likely uneven schedules and not having cross conference matchups to compare. I think this is probably the year that should be a playoff of conference champs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Ideas have consequences and bad ideas have victims. That is what you get when you let politics get in front of actual facts and science. Have they learned anything? Doesn't look like it.
    It's funny how the big10 and pac12 were saying all their medical "experts" were saying it's just to risky to play this fall, players are at risk, yada,yada,yada, but now all of a sudden it's all good? So what changes in such a short amount of time? Idiots!

vCash
    The thing is the whole "safety" issue was with the players catching covid. If anything, the past month has taught us that they were correct- you can't go through FB practice without having MASSIVe spread.

LSU has had almost their whole team get infected. Clemson is over 40. Oklahoma over 30.

So the PAC starting football showss that they NEVER cared ONE BIT about preventing their players from catching it, else they'd stay shut down. Rather, it shows that they feared lawsuits/actual games would be unworkable, and now that they've seen everyone else manage they realized they can get that $$$ too.

They really exposed their true hearts on this issue, and surprise surprise, the players' safety has nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    The thing is the whole "safety" issue was with the players catching covid. If anything, the past month has taught us that they were correct- you can't go through FB practice without having MASSIVe spread.

LSU has had almost their whole team get infected. Clemson is over 40. Oklahoma over 30.

So the PAC starting football showss that they NEVER cared ONE BIT about preventing their players from catching it, else they'd stay shut down. Rather, it shows that they feared lawsuits/actual games would be unworkable, and now that they've seen everyone else manage they realized they can get that $$$ too.

They really exposed their true hearts on this issue, and surprise surprise, the players' safety has nothing to do with it.
    Right on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's funny how the big10 and pac12 were saying all their medical "experts" were saying it's just to risky to play this fall, players are at risk, yada,yada,yada, but now all of a sudden it's all good? So what changes in such a short amount of time? Idiots!
    Short answer... The polls...