Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSU is Ripe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If you?ve been following LSU this offseason, they?ve had the toughest offseason of anyone I can remember. Ravaged by the draft, ravaged by opt outs, significant transfer portal action, and rampant Covid positives among the team. Not to mention they?re replacing the best season of QB play I?ve ever seen with an incredibly average football player, massive downgrade even if MB is solid. I don?t remember a reigning national champion being this ripe for upset in the following season.

Now the bad new. Which us do we get? If the offense runs well with KJ it would not shock me for us to beat them and beat them soundly. However, it is not unreasonable to expect a tough transition to Leach?s system especially losing spring. We are flipping so radically to new systems on offense I could see a nightmare for 4-6 games before getting better late. Don?t forget defense is overhauled too but I like our odds of transition better over there. My range of possibilities has never been so wide. I could see us winning by 2 score all the way to getting trounced 49-10. Neither would shock me. I need a quarter of seeing us live.

What say you fellas? What are y?all expecting?
    I’m on record on this board specifically as well as rebelgrove predicting a state win. I don’t have enough sack to throw out a score though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Can't you guys recognize "Metaphorical" analogies ?
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Our track record against LSU, combined with the lunacy that is 2020, makes me think any outcome is possible. Having sat thru us getting torched 41-6 in '98 by a 4-7 LSU team leaves scars.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious. Our track record against LSU, combined with the lunacy that is 2020, makes me think any outcome is possible. Having sat thru us getting torched 41-6 in '98 by a 4-7 LSU team leaves scars.
    I was there for that one. I sat through a similar score down there in 1973 and swore I would never go back. Well I did 25 years later and swore again I would never go back. My friend did have good tickets on the 50 yard line his boss gave. It was so bad the LSU fans around us started expressing their sympathy.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    We are flipping so radically to new systems on offense I could see a nightmare for 4-6 games before getting better late. Don?t forget defense is overhauled too but I like our odds of transition better over there.
    In the past 12 years, the only constant for MSU has been a NEW Defensive Coordinator and/or a new defensive scheme. We had some stability under Geoff Collins but names like Torbush, Diaz (twice), Sirmon , Grantham, Shoop and now Arnett seem to have an early expiration date.

Hope we can get a good DC who wants to stick around and build a true defense. I know we have an offensive plan. Have optimistic hopes for the D.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    True. I'd feel better if Malik Heath didn't have a DUI and was going to play.

Feels like his ability would've been good a big play or 2
    Is it known he's going to be suspended that game? I know it's been speculated but I've heard otherwise as well. I agree he's a difference maker for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    root
    The reason Cheerleaders wear short skirt to make the fans will root harder.

vCash
    Based on the metrics, we are picked to go 3-7 this year. We have a lot of holes to fill. I would love to see us beat a few teams and go 5-5, but it?s going to be difficult outside Ark, Missouri and Vandy. Ole Miss is a toss up and I think we will beat someone like TAMU or Auburn at home. Even given LSUs situation, winning there will be extremely challenging, but anything is possible if things happen to play into our hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    No way in hell we only score 10 points
    I would agree if this team had a spring practice and a normal preseason. They didn't/haven't.

I just feel we won't click right out of the gate. I hope to be dead wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The reason Cheerleaders wear short skirt to make the fans harder.
    FIFY**

vCash
    LSU will not be the LSU of last year, not even a shadow. They will be talented but I agree they are gonna lose some games this year. They could go 6-4 easy and even 5-5 pending lots of factors.

vCash
    Glad to see this thread.

Yes LSU is ripe for an upset. I'm glad we have them as game 1. I expect this to be an LSU team that is better toward the end of the season than at the beginning. They put everything on the line last year. It was an all time great team. Also, not mentioned is the loss of Joe Brady. Ed O also went through a divorce this offseason. We're going into a mostly empty tiger stadium. Do yall remember how we played last year when our top guys were sat out in our best games? The team morale shrinks. They are going into this season basically knowing they can't repeat. Ed O chip on his shoulder is gone.

For us, we have probably the most talented O-line we've had, maybe ever. Talented Senior QB and RB... I would be shocked at an LSU blowout. Ed O is not Saban, meaning there isn't a system in place to win a national title and pick right back up the following year. LSU will be a 5-7 win team at best this year and I think we catch them OR it's a one score game late in the 4th and our inexperienced D blows it late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    My heart says MSU 35-21.
    My head says LSU 42-10.

After the stench of JoeMo, I just want us to be competitive and well coached and not the clown show from last year.
    A JoMo offenses would score more than 10 ..
    your heart score will be much closer to the final than your head score

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    LSU will not be the LSU of last year, not even a shadow. They will be talented but I agree they are gonna lose some games this year. They could go 6-4 easy and even 5-5 pending lots of factors.
    LSU will still have talent. They always will
    But they will prob NEVER have a team like the one last year

That was arguable the best college football teams This century

vCash
    Again LSU is just 3 years removed from losing to us by 30 and at home to Troy..
    They ain’t Bama or Clemson....

vCash
    You guys are dumb if you can't see what's happening at LSU. Orgeron is using the current NCAA rule that if you test positive for Covid, then you don't have to be retested for 3 months. He basically instructed his team to go out during the summer and get Covid. Now, just about all of his team is over it and they don't have to be retested during the season. He is guaranteed to not lose any players unless they get seriously sick. His players that opted out are coming back. They will be full force when they play us. They may not be great because of all of the new starters, but they won't be missing players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    You guys are dumb if you can't see what's happening at LSU. Orgeron is using the current NCAA rule that if you test positive for Covid, then you don't have to be retested for 3 months. He basically instructed his team to go out during the summer and get Covid. Now, just about all of his team is over it and they don't have to be retested during the season. He is guaranteed to not lose any players unless they get seriously sick. His players that opted out are coming back. They will be full force when they play us. They may not be great because of all of the new starters, but they won't be missing players.
    after the statement above I'm not sure I would call anyone here DUMB .... you can't be serious
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    after the statement above I'm not sure I would call anyone here DUMB .... you can't be serious
    Not sure if he "instructed" his team to do so...but maybe encouraged. The positive covid case kids will be immune. Clemson was accused of the same tactic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Not sure if he "instructed" his team to do so...but maybe encouraged. The positive covid case kids will be immune. Clemson was accused of the same tactic.
    I just don't think Ed O is dumb enough to expose himself and the school to that kind of liability
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Ok, ?instructed? was to strong. He sure didn?t tell them to live in a bubble. He?s sitting pretty now since almost his entire team has tested positive over the past couple months. He doesn?t have to retest them and you better believe he will not have anyone sitting out being quarantined during the season since there is no test making him do so.

vCash
    Think we lose something like 42-24 or 34-21. I just can't see our D playing well. We are super thin in spots and LSU always has some studs catching the football. I am not sure our DBs will be able to hold up.

I just want to see a clean game as far as false starts/delay of games go and want to see us get after it for 4 qtrs.