vCash

Matt Wyatt QB Video

One word to describe out QB room = Competent

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I still cannot get used to this depth we have had at QB since Tyler Russell and Dak were here. We never had that and it seems like for the last 12 years, we've been solid at the position. Yea, we've had some disappointments, but if you have been a state fan since the 80's you'd know that the backup qb each year has been very suspect and sometimes the starter hasnt been anything to brag about.

My continuing concern is with the receiving corps. Can they put pressure on the secondary to get the quick 5-7 yard hitch and exploit teams that play zone? If they can, that will open up everything else.

Leach seems a bit more mellow now than he used to be and I hope that pays dividends as well.

I'm not a fan of the 'our defense is going to stink' train of thought. We wont be as dominant, but I dont think we are going to be toilet paper either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    I still cannot get used to this depth we have had at QB since Tyler Russell and Dak were here. We never had that and it seems like for the last 12 years, we've been solid at the position. Yea, we've had some disappointments, but if you have been a state fan since the 80's you'd know that the backup qb each year has been very suspect and sometimes the starter hasnt been anything to brag about.

My continuing concern is with the receiving corps. Can they put pressure on the secondary to get the quick 5-7 yard hitch and exploit teams that play zone? If they can, that will open up everything else.

Leach seems a bit more mellow now than he used to be and I hope that pays dividends as well.

I'm not a fan of the 'our defense is going to stink' train of thought. We wont be as dominant, but I dont think we are going to be toilet paper either.
    Since 7 on 7 has become big across the country & more teams are running passing schemes in HS, I just don't think it's all that tough to land 4 star QBs anymore.

The supply of them almost meets the demand & since the blue bloods are only taking 1 per year, there's plenty to go around.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post

You only throw that hitch when the defense is playing off to stop 4 verticals. Against man, we'll run mesh or stick.

Look on YouTube for the 2013 WSU vs Auburn game.

As for our WR, FYI. The best and highest recruiting ranked WR for WSU was Gabe Marks a 4* 0.9358 on 247. All the other WR for WSU were 3* 0.8622 or less.

By recruiting rankings, we have more and deeper talent at WR than that team.

Our Highest ranked WR is Shavers at 4* 0.9587, with 6 other guys rated higher than the next highest rated WR for WSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

There were a few things I really liked about the KJ interview....

I am paraphrasing him here but these 3 points:

"develop intuition through repetition"

"some offenses are paper offenses based on what should work in theory....Leach is different because he is all about attacking space on the field"

"take what is given and take it now"

I know those are things that have been discussed on here. It was just refreshing to hear our QB say that after our previuos football coach tried to install an offense that required a doctorate to understand.

vCash
    I also believe our WRs will look much better than past few years but must state that those WSU WRs were not going against SEC DBs either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    I also believe our WRs will look much better than past few years but must state that those WSU WRs were not going against SEC DBs either.
    Watch the WSU/Auburn 2013 game.