Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fighting Mullets

vCash
    Heads are going to roll over the Nashville stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Heads are going to roll over the Nashville stuff.
    As they should. The lockdowns have gone on long enough. Curve is flattened and declining significantly. Bars should just open back up on their own at this point. As tate learned, and federal court reiterated yesterday, a governor has no authority to require private citizens to lock down to this degree in the name of public health.
    Last edited by confucius say; 09-17-2020 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    It’s ****ing criminal what some of these governors and mayors have done... ****ing criminal

vCash
    We have nearly 200,000 dead Americans and someone calls it ?The Election Virus?. You are either so ideologically warped that you choose to ignore the basic scientific truisms or so ****ing dumb that you cannot understand them. Listen to the ****ing tape and shut up.

vCash
    Most all believe the virus is real. And a threat to about 1% of our population.

But the bigger picture here is not the validity of the virus, it's govt overreach. Like the federal court said yesterday, even though these months long lockdowns may have been issued in good faith and for well founded reasons in the name of public health (debatable, I know), they are still unconstitutional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just destroying lives for no reason.
    How can this be true if it's a conspiracy theory? Hell, the MSM (LOL) tells us it has been debunked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Most all believe the virus is real. And a threat to about 1% of our population.

But the bigger picture here is not the validity of the virus, it's govt overreach. Like the federal court said yesterday, even though these months long lockdowns may have been issued in good faith and for well founded reasons in the name of public health (debatable, I know), they are still unconstitutional.
    This is what I've wondered about since all this started. I feel like there's going to be some major lawsuits that come out of all this and was wondering how they'd be handled. Doubt there's any precedent for something like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    We have nearly 200,000 dead Americans and someone calls it ?The Election Virus?. You are either so ideologically warped that you choose to ignore the basic scientific truisms or so ****ing dumb that you cannot understand them. Listen to the ****ing tape and shut up.
    You do realize that the further we get through this pandemic, the more evidence points to this being man-made.

vCash
    Both parties are equally guilty when it comes to politicizing COVID-19. Unfortunately, people care more about their ?party? being right than actually giving truthful and accurate information. This will continue to lead to downfalls. I pray for the day we have someone run for President that is not associate with either of these ridiculous parties and just runs as an American to help the people.

vCash
    This virus was bad because of how clueless everyone was in handling the situation. That includes some doctors. Ventilators were given too frequently in the beginning, constant government contradictions (don't wear masks then wear masks), etc. oh, and how many people are washing their masks regularly? You should treat a mask like underwear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Both parties are equally guilty when it comes to politicizing COVID-19. Unfortunately, people care more about their ?party? being right than actually giving truthful and accurate information. This will continue to lead to downfalls. I pray for the day we have someone run for President that is not associate with either of these ridiculous parties and just runs as an American to help the people.
    You have that man as President right now. He?s doing everything he can to clean up both sides. All of the hate you see against the president everyday are those people that you hate fighting back against him so that everything stays the same as it always has been. Wake up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    This virus was bad because of how clueless everyone was in handling the situation. That includes some doctors. Ventilators were given too frequently in the beginning, constant government contradictions (don't wear masks then wear masks), etc. oh, and how many people are washing their masks regularly? You should treat a mask like underwear.
    We were clueless facing the onset of a completely new virus? Imagine that. In that situation we are clueless by definition. The thing that astounds me is that as we become less clueless, the original clueless statements are either taken as gospel now, or held against the people who made them under the best available information at the time. I had read about the ignorance of science and how it works in America for years. I didn't believe it was that bad. I do now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This is what I've wondered about since all this started. I feel like there's going to be some major lawsuits that come out of all this and was wondering how they'd be handled. Doubt there's any precedent for something like this.
    And what's been allowed to happen to those with the least amount of control over their daily existence and who are the most vulnerable is egregious. Nursing home residents haven't been able to see their family since March. The cumulative negative effect on their health and well being from having the thing they most look forward to taken away for months on end, in addition to entire wings in some facilities having to isolate in their rooms is way worse than covid, and borders on cruel and unusual. This is true for my grandmother any way. Other than taking away her sense of taste, the impact of the virus itself was negligible. I'm not necessarily talking about March, April, and May, when much less was known, but watching her deterioration from afar these past few months has taken a toll on the entire family, none more than my 92-year-old grandfather who still lives independently, and well all things being relative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We were clueless facing the onset of a completely new virus? Imagine that. In that situation we are clueless by definition. The thing that astounds me is that as we become less clueless, the original clueless statements are either taken as gospel now, or held against the people who made them under the best available information at the time. I had read about the ignorance of science and how it works in America for years. I didn't believe it was that bad. I do now.
    I wouldn't say clueless..... we've seen similar in SARS and MERS. We've seen coronaviruses before..... we just underestimated this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    See the Nashville mayor docs that leaked tonight. Wooh boy
    Fox retracted that story last night, btw. Not before it went viral, tho. Talk about "fake news"....

https://mobile.twitter.com/NC5PhilWi...46630135795713

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Fox retracted that story last night, btw. Not before it went viral, tho. Talk about "fake news"....

https://mobile.twitter.com/NC5PhilWi...46630135795713
    They just retracted accusing the mayor of a coverup. They still have a story up about this matter...

https://fox17.com/news/local/fox-17-...ovid-19-emails

Here's a Tennessean article that says the accusation is bogus...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ts/3491786001/

The part I found most interesting about this article is a comment in the comments section...

It looks to me like the reporter had an actual story, but he went from uncovering to flat out accusation about 100x too fast.